Daz coyness strikes again - no genitalia in Poser!

Starfish42Starfish42 Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in The Commons

I've been downloading and installing the DSON bundles for Poser, and particularly the M5 Pro and V5 Pro bundles. But the genitalia (only available in those bundles) does NOT show up in Poser.

It looks to me as though they have not been DSONed. I know Daz are extremely coy at even admitting that figures have such details, but it looks as though Poser users are not expected to have genitals at all (!).

Is there any easy or effective way to fix this, or do I simply have to wait until a Poser Companion file is released? And if so, any idea when? - please don't say "Soon" ;-)

(I would add I only got the Pro bundles, which contained quite a lot of stuff I didn't need, to get complete figures, so I was somewhat dismayed that this hadn't been done).

Comments

• cwichuracwichura Posts: 1,042
    edited December 1969

If you have DS4.5.1.6 installed, you can create your own companion files for anything that hasn't been officially converted yet by DAZ.

But this brings to mind another question: does the importer support geografting? If not, then that would explain why the genitals don't work.

• Starfish42Starfish42 Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I've downloaded and installed DS4.5.1.6 - I've tried using the Create Poser Companion Files in the library options pane, but it tells me I need DUF files and that it won't convert a dsf - as far as I can tell, the genitalia is only in dsf format. Am I missing something?

• jerhamjerham Posts: 153
    edited October 2012

There is also another way. Set up Genesis in DAZ with the genital (or any geocrafted part like the fourarms) loaded. Save the scene in the DAZ scene folder and create a Poser companion file for the scene.

You can find the "new" Genesis in the scene library of poser, with a perfect fitting geocrafted part and morphs.

Post edited by jerham on
  • T JaimanT Jaiman Posts: 560
    edited October 2012

I've downloaded and installed DS4.5.1.6 - I've tried using the Create Poser Companion Files in the library options pane, but it tells me I need DUF files and that it won't convert a dsf - as far as I can tell, the genitalia is only in dsf format. Am I missing something?

Can you load the genitalia DSF, into Studio, and then save it as DUF, or DSON?

This looks right, but my brain is mush, at this hour: Creating DSON Poser Companion Files

Post edited by T Jaiman on
  • Starfish42Starfish42 Posts: 0
    edited October 2012

I'd already got there - found the details about how to convert to duf, done it, and created the poser companion file.

Loaded the male gens - and then it all went wrong again. I got the genitals to import, but the cage and the figure are not matching or working together.

It also appears that the materials have not been converted, either.

I repeat my original request - can we have this done properly by Daz, please, because us lesser mortals can't make this stuff work.

Post edited by Starfish42 on
    edited October 2012

Is subdivision on? That could hypothetically make the vertices mismatch.

If it is, can you switch it off, until they're properly joined, then switch it back on?

Did you try Jerham's idea?

And, in the end, maybe geografting just won't work there (at least for now).

Maybe you'd have to parent a 3rd party item, and deal with morph following with them.

If that's the case, a little warning on the pro bundles would've been in order.

But, if that turns out to be true, before the return window closes...

Hopefully, there are people who have an authoritative answer. They'd probably land here.

I repeat my original request - can we have this done properly by Daz, please, because us lesser mortals can't make this stuff work.

I'm sure they could get that done s---... uh, you know.
  • fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

DAZ 3D is aware that this was left out of the M5 Pro Bundle and is in the process of updating it.

• Coon RaCoon Ra Posts: 200
    edited October 2012

So, with 4.5.1.6 out do I have to re-download all my Genesis content? But, in case of re-download, to wait a bit for geocrafted things being DSON updated?

Post edited by Coon Ra on
  • KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited December 1969
    edited December 1969

DAZ 3D is aware that this was left out of the M5 Pro Bundle and is in the process of updating it.

So does V5's work then? And other geografted stuff?

edited December 1969

I meant those geografted things, too. My opinion is that official release is a bit more solid than homemade brew.

• 3DXcentric3DXcentric Posts: 16
    edited December 1969

Coon Ra said:
    I meant those geografted things, too. My opinion is that official release is a bit more solid than homemade brew.

Hello, I am also waiting on this. I thought I was the only one.

edited October 2012

Kerya said:

Yeah, that should do a perfect job of it. He did the impossible, and wrote GenX. Then the DSF Toolbox. He knows his way around this stuff.

But it kind of sounds like there might be some problem with a bit of M5 Pro.. Or maybe it's just that it was supposed to be DSON'd, I'm not sure.
    I'd like to know more.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

My understanding is that geografted items work fine (although I think in Poser they just act like conformed items), and they just forgot to do the genitalia when they did the individual items for the bundles.

• estheresther Posts: 608
    edited December 1969

does the Dimension 3D script work for converting clothes from genesis to posergenesis?
    Love esther

edited October 2012

Hmmm, I wish the mother nature foget to add some little things to creators bodies... just for awhile... to make them more focused on stuffs and things...

Post edited by Coon Ra on
    edited October 2012

Coon Ra said:
    Hmmm, I wish the mother nature foget to add some little things to creators bodies... just for awhile... to make them more focused on stuffs and things...

And less focused on... uh... stuffs... and... uhh... things...
    edited October 2012

esther said:
    does the Dimension 3D script work for converting clothes from genesis to posergenesis?
    Love esther

It works with the importer, to bring in DSON and many DUF, into Poser, without companion files. No new functions for clothing or anything.

DSON Loader for Poser (without companion files).

edit:
    Nice workaround here - DSON for Poser - Whats YOUR verdict ?

Although that's about autofit clothes.

Something to try - Later in the thread

I haven't had time to play or study up, so I'm not clear on all the issues...

• edited December 1969

I'd already got there - found the details about how to convert to duf, done it, and created the poser companion file.

Loaded the male gens - and then it all went wrong again. I got the genitals to import, but the cage and the figure are not matching or working together.

It also appears that the materials have not been converted, either.

This is not an unreasonable request.

It is frankly unbelievable that this is so complicated. DAZ please fix this problem immediately and stop making us attach, convert, parent, or whatever else in order to get these functions on your models. Stop making us suffer. We are paying a lot of money for these products.

I've heard the words "update" and "next week" but nothing has changed yet. I will not accept anything short of the original base models with the gens already there (NOT as a separate object). That is, not confirmed, not attached, not a prop, but part of the original model.

I've raged at DAZ many times over the years, but this one really takes the taco.

• Male-M3diaMale-M3dia Posts: 3,581
    edited December 1969

treewrx said:

It is frankly unbelievable that this is so complicated. DAZ please fix this problem immediately and stop making us attach, convert, parent, or whatever else in order to get these functions on your models. Stop making us suffer. We are paying a lot of money for these products.

I've heard the words "update" and "next week" but nothing has changed yet. I will not accept anything short of the original base models with the gens already there (NOT as a separate object). That is, not confirmed, not attached, not a prop, but part of the original model.

The geografting is the solution for the gens and seems like a better solution than clothing makers trying to model clothing around the gens that are permanently attached. Once geografting attaches, it's like it's part of the original model.

• 3DXcentric3DXcentric Posts: 16
    edited December 1969

treewrx said:

The geografting is the solution for the gens and seems like a better solution than clothing makers trying to model clothing around the gens that are permanently attached. Once geografting attaches, it's like it's part of the original model.

I just ran a search for "Geo-Grafting" in this forum and have come up with 0 results as to what it even is. I attempted to convert the gens for the female model and import it into poser, but when I applied my skin textures and effects it was obvious it was a separate prop and would require quite a bit of post-work to make it blend in.

I don't know about you guys, but when you start applying complicated texture modifications to the model it stands out quite obviously.

Unless there's some other way to "geo graft" that I'm not aware of. But why would I be, considering there is no tutorial or anything whatsoever to learn to do it properly?

• Eric WaltersEric Walters Posts: 233
    edited December 1969

Is Daz aware this was left out of the V5 bundle as well-and are in the process?
    Thanks!

quote author="fixmypcmike" date="1350229747"]DAZ 3D is aware that this was left out of the M5 Pro Bundle and is in the process of updating it.

• Male-M3diaMale-M3dia Posts: 3,581
    edited October 2012

jago187 said:
    treewrx said:

I just ran a search for "Geo-Grafting" in this forum and have come up with 0 results as to what it even is. I attempted to convert the gens for the female model and import it into poser, but when I applied my skin textures and effects it was obvious it was a separate prop and would require quite a bit of post-work to make it blend in.

I don't know about you guys, but when you start applying complicated texture modifications to the model it stands out quite obviously.

Unless there's some other way to "geo graft" that I'm not aware of. But why would I be, considering there is no tutorial or anything whatsoever to learn to do it properly?
    Well it also depends on what UV you are applying to Gens. I think they are working on the updating them because the settings to get them on was missing in the product from what I hear. I think when I got the male gens on to it i used a character preset and and conformed that to genesis and it worked, but you may want to get the updated files.

Post edited by Male-M3dia on
    edited December 1969

I am watching this as well.

jago187 said:
    treewrx said:

• RLSprouseRLSprouse Posts: 288
    edited December 1969

Tacking on here so I get notified when it is fixed.

• Jay_NOLAJay_NOLA Posts: 1,145
    edited December 1969

DSON Gens have arrived for M5 & V5.

• estheresther Posts: 608
    edited December 1969

so which files do I need to reset and then redownload to get these please?

edited December 1969

G'day Esther!

I reset V5 combo-and a new trx appeared- it was version 1.5 vs 1,4, as well as a Poser CF. It installed- I conformed and Transferred active morphs. There IS an issue. No texture maps.It has mat groups for Genesis-but I applied V5 Bree-and it still remains neutral Grey,

Eric

quote author="esther" date="1351473820"]so which files do I need to reset and then redownload to get these please?