Like a Phoenix from the Ashes, Who Wants to Render a Superhero?

Comments

• JoeQuickJoeQuick Posts: 1,697
    edited December 1969

RKane_1 said:
    BIG congrats, Joe. I did the wedding and getting a house and moving shuffle a couple of years ago and haven't QUITE recovered since. *chuckle* (For months, I was still finding odd bits of things placed where my inlaws thought they would logically go but .... yeah.... no. *laugh*)

What do you have your artistic sights set on this go around?

I haven't hung my dry erase board back up again yet. But this is what was on it before the move. No promise that any of these will actually get done.

-Poison Darts -> The frog that was my first Genesis project. There are some head seam issues that need to be addressed, but other than that I think that project was about good to go. It's just over a year old, so when I look at it and the Turtles, there's a massive quality difference.
    -Alien Force Genesis -> The headmorphs from the K4 version with a new super-deformed body morph. A new heroic bodysuit. And a slightly more exaggerated version of Overbrain with his outfit. I had slowed on this one because I couldn't duplicate the look of the procedural skin I'd been using in Poser in Studio. But with the Turtle project, I think I got to the point where I could make a good universal mapped creature skin texture that would look good with the different aliens.
    -America's Best Comics -> Expansion pack for Golden Age using some public domain characters. Practically done, just need to finish up a Shader pack for studio.
    -V4 Sidekicks -> Flame Girl and Cat Girl costume elements for V4 to go along with the ABC expansion. Not started, but these would basically just be a manual conversion of the M4 elements, so they wouldn't take long.
    -Street LVL M4 -> A collection of different things from that Batman streak that I'd been on. The elements that aren't explicitly derivative of established IP. The Frank Miller Cape/Cowl combo would go freebie, as would the robin badge and red robin chest straps and emblem.
    -Street LVL V4 -> The zippered bodysuit, ribbed bodysuit, converse ish boots, military surplus boots, a tattered cape, a cowl neck cape, a basic cape. A couple kinds of gloves. A couple kinds of belts.
    -M4 SciFi casual -> That coat that's been sitting on my hard drive for just about a year, along with a bodysuit and some funky boots.
    -Turtle Power -> This was a learning exercise, my texturing skills grew greatly, but I got hung up on the shell. Hal had to help me out with it. I'm also hung up on tying the bandana and how to rig it. I still don't really know how to rig and just rely on quick conform and auto group to do it for me.
    -Damian -> A teen morph, texture, and scaling preset for M4
    -M4 Gods of Stone and Pain -> You might recognize them if you saw them.

Since the move I've started working on the shark dude, a toon duck, and a shabby suit for the toon duck.

• RKane_1RKane_1 Posts: 3,037
    edited December 1969

*Sigh*

No hero love for Genesis? You do some of the best hero stuff hands down and I would love to see it for Genesis. What would it take to convince you? Do I have to bake pie? I'll DO it, you know. I'm not above baked good bribery.

edited December 1969

For the person looking for thew WonderWoman outfit earlier, I thin the best one I have seen is for V4 at SharCG by TerryMcG

TerryMcG's Cosplay page on ShareCG

Hope this helps. He has more than just Wonder Woman too but tends to lean exclusively towards women heroes.

edited December 1969

RKane_1 said:
    *Sigh*

No hero love for Genesis? You do some of the best hero stuff hands down and I would love to see it for Genesis. What would it take to convince you? Do I have to bake pie? I'll DO it, you know. I'm not above baked good bribery.

I just don't want to make all of those cowl morphs again. Doing something the first time is fun, the second time is a chore.

edited December 1969

Joequick said:
    RKane_1 said:
    *Sigh*

I just don't want to make all of those cowl morphs again. Doing something the first time is fun, the second time is a chore.

But... but... there's pie!

:(

• K T OngK T Ong Posts: 483
    edited October 2012

I haven't gone through the whole thread, but I'll bet no one so far has made a good VENOM. ;-) (Referring to Spider-Man's nemesis, of course.)

[EDIT: Okay, my mistake, just found that there's one at page 30. :-/)]

Post edited by K T Ong on
  • Knight22179Knight22179 Posts: 1,195
    edited December 1969

RAR!

Venom.jpg
    689 x 631 - 276K
  • K T OngK T Ong Posts: 483
    edited December 1969

Will have to figure out how to do the big mouth with the tongue and teeth... (Don't tell me yet, I want to try figure it out myself...)

edited December 1969

Heh, I couldn't tell you even if I wanted to, I have no idea how they did it. :)

edited December 1969

Well, the tongue I do know but not the face morph with the teeth.

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,142
    edited December 1969

wsterdan said:
    RAMWolff said:
    So those are Genesis? Those are the CUTEST toon JLA I've EVER seen!

Yup, I'm pretty much using Genesis whenever possible. With Smays' Chibis/Nata/Hyde and 3DUniverse's Jason/Jasmine/Amy/etc. and the growing multitude of monsters, aliens and fantasy/SciFi characters available, it makes things a whole lot easier and more fun.

I did those Chip and Cookie Legionnaires a while back (the first 17 are in the attached pict, I think I got up to 24 before I ran out of hoiday time), but since the Genesis toons started appearing, C+C are pretty much benched these days.

-- Walt Sterdan

You do know I'm a TOTAL Legionaires FREAK don't you Walt?? LOL I have most of my Legion collection and what I know longer have I paid top dollar for the DC hardback editions (basically all of the Dave Cockrum and Mike Grell early stuff), 3 books and I LOVE THEM!

This is a really wonderful tribute to the best 31st Century team ever! :-)

edited December 1969

Hey, RAMWolff, who's your favorite Legionare? Mine is Saturn Girl. :)

edited December 1969

Chameleon Boy, of course. He can be anything he puts his mind too! :-)

edited December 1969

And here I was banking on Timber Wolf for you, Wolffie. *chuckle*

Brainiac 5 for me...

Well, and Supergirl from back in the day.

Oh, and Wildfire. :)

I can have more than one favorite, right?

Oh and Ferro Lad...

oh and....

• GRFK DSGN UnlimitedGRFK DSGN Unlimited Posts: 1,036
    edited December 1969

I like Mike Grell's version of Cosmic Boy...

edited December 1969

I LOVED Mike's Legion. Esp when he was inked by Bob Wiacek ... they were a great team.

I USED to love Timber Wolf but now they have made him more bestial and well, as much as I love fur I don't like how they have evolved him into this thing. Kinda like what they did to the Beast of the X-Men and Avengers... he's now like a morphed kitty cat with a bad temper. I HATE that look!

edited December 1969

Reminds of the time Marvel got rid of Wolverine's Adamantium and he morphed into a beast like guy. HATED that! And on top of all that, they took FOREVER to give Wolverine his Adamatium back.

edited December 1969

Oh yea, THAT... they also brought in some Anime artist for a while and I just stopped collecting X-Men until that was all resolved. Sorry, I'm old school. I've grown fond of Anime all these years later but still want my comic book heroes to look like heroes, not doe eyes smurfs ... just not my bag!

• equinoxx5equinoxx5 Posts: 126
    edited December 1969

So, here's the result of my most recent flash of inspiration (yeah, it's been a while since I've had one of those, I know):

Careful What You Wish For
    Well, hotshot, you got what you've always wanted... people are finally paying attention to you.

Seems like you could have thought this one through just a tad more.

Wardrobe by Joequick, Tyler McDowell, TerryMcG, smay and Will Dupre/MAB
    Sets by Stonemason

CWYWF_8x10.jpg
    1000 x 1250 - 483K
    edited December 1969

That's pretty good! :)

edited December 1969

I like it allot. Looks very PULP to me. Makes me think of Curt Swan or even Wally Wood.

• edited December 1969

Not exactly a superhero, but I've always loved Judge Dredd. Couldn't find a Judge uniform, so I had to cobble one together with what I had. Thanks to drunkendragon for his Batgirl cycle, which is the Lawmaster, along with Joequick's bird emblem, and the shield is from the I am the law helmet from sharecg. The Lawgiver started life as the luger from renderosity along with a lot of primitives.

Judge_Sample_002.jpg
    1118 x 746 - 73K
    Judge_Sample_001.jpg
    1118 x 746 - 103K
    Judge_012.jpg
    1578 x 746 - 595K
    Judge_011.jpg
    1578 x 746 - 542K
    edited December 1969

Very nice. But I recall seeing a Judge dread outfit on Vanishing Point. :)

• Dazzy000Dazzy000 Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Super Girl Sadie

supergirl.jpg
    912 x 1170 - 262K
    edited December 1969

She's cute as a button. :)

edited October 2012

Didn't notice I'd spun the eyeballs in opposite directions until after I'd completed the render. I wasn't going for comedy originally.

sharkandhero.jpg
    769 x 1000 - 451K
    Post edited by JoeQuick on
  • JohnDelaquioxJohnDelaquiox Posts: 1,184
    edited December 1969

Its ok Joe I think it works

edited December 1969

Easy fix in photoshop. looks great though!

• rdudarduda Posts: 579
    edited December 1969

Joequick said:
    Didn't notice I'd spun the eyeballs in opposite directions until after I'd completed the render. I wasn't going for comedy originally.

I love the shark guy! Very cool.

Joe you think your morphs will work in the poser conversions for genesis?

• ServantServant Posts: 754
    edited October 2012

Trinity (with absolutely no Mandarin Collars).

Big props to Joequick, TerryMcg, and Riveda72, whose freebies I used and modified to produce the piece to render better on DS (particularly Terry's Wondy suit). You all rock!

Trinitylowerres.jpg
    2000 x 1300 - 220K
    Post edited by Servant on
This discussion has been closed.