Problems doing manual conversions and the DSON Importer

RlowensRlowens Posts: 35
edited December 1969 in The Commons

Can anyone help me to solve this..
Trying to convert the Hitomi Day Dress and the hip keeps exploding when it is importing into poser, I checked the geometry file and it looks good but the dress hip keeps shooting towards the head when loaded in poser. See attached image for problem.

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,737
    edited December 1969

Is it rendering like that, or is that a preview issue? Poser has in the past thrown odd spikes in preview - though nothing as dramatic as that.

• RlowensRlowens Posts: 35
    edited December 1969

That is an actual render, it looks like that in both preview and when rendered.

• OctaveaOctavea Posts: 25
    edited December 1969

I just had the same exact problem with the Hitomi Day Dress and also the Sadie Summer Dress
    see image of Sadie Dress.

summerdress.jpg
    590 x 600 - 90K
  • FaerieDanseFaerieDanse Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Wow! That's terrible! Are you using Poser 8 or 9 with those? I have the Importer, but I haven't installed it yet, because unfortunately, I only have Poser 8, and it's supposed to only work with with 9 or up.

edited December 1969

I'm using Poser 2012 and I already converted lots of Genesis clothes with no problem, just these two so far.

• FaerieDanseFaerieDanse Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Oh, I see. Well, you have the right software, obviously, and you're using it correctly, but there must be some defect in these clothes to do this. I think you should call DAZ Support and ask them about it.

edited December 1969

I'm sure these products will be updated for Poser in time :)

• KatherineKatherine Posts: 326
    edited December 1969

It looks like some of the issues we were having. If an item has polys that are not part of a surface selection group, they won't convert over. The fix it to use the tools in DS to assign them to a selection group and resave. :) I know that may not be an easy fix for some of you not familiar with this, but we are working on getting any DS owned content converted, and working with PAs who wish to their content to help get things working nicely. :)

Kat

edited December 1969

Thanks. I figured it was something like that. Easier to wait for an update I'm sure. Everything else is working great :)

• griffon_e3f1dc9370griffon_e3f1dc9370 Posts: 224
    edited December 1969

I converted a character preset, and in the preview he looks fine, but in the render he's snarling or grimacing. The character is SAV's Atlas (which yes does have a M4 version, but I want the Genesis version too)

Windows 7 home premium (64 bit) DS4.5 Pro (64 bit) Poser Pro 2012 (64bit)

dsongenesisatlas1.jpg
    907 x 652 - 64K
    dsongenesisatlaspreview.jpg
    924 x 727 - 63K