Sharing Content

BryonSpellerBryonSpeller Posts: 0

Hey all,

I have been using my Windows machine to work on my Daz stuff. I installed the content in a folder on an external hard drive. I also used the categories to sort the files in a way that made sense. All this was/is working fine.

Now a got a new Mac (that is more powerful than my old Windows machine) and I would like to use the same (external) content library on my Mac. I am still going to use my old Windows machine sometimes but also the Mac.

Is this a matter of just plugging in the external drive to one or the other? How will this affect the category setting that i already built on my Windows side?

Thanks

Comments

• DAZ_bfurnerDAZ_bfurner Posts: 62
    edited December 1969

Hey all,

I have been using my Windows machine to work on my Daz stuff. I installed the content in a folder on an external hard drive. I also used the categories to sort the files in a way that made sense. All this was/is working fine.

Now a got a new Mac (that is more powerful than my old Windows machine) and I would like to use the same (external) content library on my Mac. I am still going to use my old Windows machine sometimes but also the Mac.

Is this a matter of just plugging in the external drive to one or the other? How will this affect the category setting that i already built on my Windows side?

Thanks

My understanding is that the installers for Mac or PC are different, in that they install to different locations on the respective computer. So if you have all the content installed on a separate drive, you should be able to map the directory where the content lives and move forward. I wonder if the saved scene files will load...because they are all saved path locations to the content. You'll have to test that part. But the content should load if it is mapped properly from the software.

• BryonSpellerBryonSpeller Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Thank you. I don't care about the scenes that's cool just the content and databases :)