Status of those having issues with Platinum Club Renewals

Comments

• LillianaLilliana Posts: 99
    edited December 1969

chohole said:
    Zendesk tickets are actually being processed pretty rapidly, considering the volume that is being submitted.

Hmmm, I would disagree with this based on first hand experience, Cho.

I put in a ticket that had not even been assigned within 48 hours... Had not even been looked at and it was for a crashing I was experiencing. Kraig told me point blank they were swamped to the point of failing to acknowledge tickets within 48 hours.

And Richard, I would say the variety off issues cropping up means there are systemic problems in the way the program has been implemented in the store.

Issues that indicate such:
    1) Failure to process actual memberships.
    2) Of the membership that have successfully processed, failure to provide program benefits such as members only access in the forums.

The coupon falls under item number two, though that is technically not a true technical issue. However, if you cannot access the forums, how can you access the coupon upon release?

• Muon QuarkMuon Quark Posts: 548
    edited December 1969

Very well Richard, I'll open another ticket. I'm really concerned that the suit will go off sale before this gets resolved though.

>:-(

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

Lilliana said:
    chohole said:
    Zendesk tickets are actually being processed pretty rapidly, considering the volume that is being submitted.

I put in a ticket that had not even been assigned within 48 hours... Had not even been looked at and it was for a crashing I was experiencing. Kraig told me point blank they were swamped to the point of failing to acknowledge tickets within 48 hours.

You say "assigned" -- are you referring to bugtracker reports, or Zendesk tickets. Customer support is handled through Zendesk, the bugtracker is for development to know about issues.

• LillianaLilliana Posts: 99
    edited June 2012

Zen desk for Technical support on a product. Nothing I've run into warrants a Bug report.

Lilliana said:
    chohole said:

You say "assigned" -- are you referring to bugtracker reports, or Zendesk tickets. Customer support is handled through Zendesk, the bugtracker is for development to know about issues.

Post edited by Lilliana on
  • frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,358
    edited December 1969

Even if you don't think it warrants a bug report. Please look through the list and see if anyone else has reported it. If so you can add a note to it saying "I can confirm this, Its doing it ..." Every little bit of information can help the web team narrow down the exact problem.

• booksbydavidbooksbydavid Posts: 429
    edited December 1969

OK, since this whole new website thing began, I've been listed in My Subscriptions as a canceled monthly member and now a canceled yearly member. I am and have been for years an annual subscriber to the PC. I have not canceled anything. I have been accessing the Members only forum and I still see the PC 1.99 prices on the few PC items I can find. I did put in support ticket on this. Until today I have not been able to use the 'edit' function in the My Subscriptions thingy. Before today, if I tried to click on the edit I would be sent to a page of nonsense error text. Now, it seems the 'edit' function is working, but I'm afraid to do anything. It says my account has indeed been canceled and that I can reactivate if I click. I'm afraid of what might happen if I click anything. Can someone please advise. Should I click to reactivate an account I never canceled or leave it for support to deal with (eventually)?

Since you have access I would leave it alone.

Good idea. Thanks.

• esargeesarge Posts: 20
    edited December 1969

I am wondering if my inability to view the members only forum is because the new site has changed my user name? The username that shows on my posts and is in my profile has never been used on this site. So I am wondering where daz got the name from. I have used this name on another site but never here.

________
    Sarge

edited December 1969

You are not in the PC member group according to your profile so that is one reason you can't see it. Please submit a ticket so they can get it fixed asap if you haven't already. It is a common problem at the moment.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

sarge1948 said:
    I am wondering if my inability to view the members only forum is because the new site has changed my user name? The username that shows on my posts and is in my profile has never been used on this site. So I am wondering where daz got the name from. I have used this name on another site but never here.

________
    Sarge

You might want to drop a PM to Richard about that problem.

• griffon_e3f1dc9370griffon_e3f1dc9370 Posts: 224
    edited December 1969

Okay... so where did the member's forums go? The store was down for a bit couple of days ago and when they came up the members forums were gone, and I still don't see them. I get shown the PC prices on things... but I do not see the forums...

• atryeuatryeu Posts: 612
    edited December 1969

Sunfire: At the top of the page, can you go to Community - Forums - Members Only and find it?

• griffon_e3f1dc9370griffon_e3f1dc9370 Posts: 224
    edited December 1969

atryeu said:
    Sunfire: At the top of the page, can you go to Community - Forums - Members Only and find it?

Find it, yes... get to it... No.

The following errors were encountered

You are not authorized to view this forum

• IanTPIanTP Posts: 1,326
    edited December 1969

Can I post about a platinum club pricing issue here?

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/1311/#13617

cheers :-)

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,737
    edited December 1969

chohole said:
    sarge1948 said:

________
    Sarge

You might want to drop a PM to Richard about that problem.

Yes, please send me a PM with what the name should be, and perhaps an alternative in case a new account has been opened that uses it in the meantime. A lot of names that were changed by the forum team or by the member in question seem to have reverted to their original setting with the shift to the new system, I've been fixing them as they've been noticed or reported.

• gw3972gw3972 Posts: 50
    edited December 1969

A lot of names that were changed by the forum team or by the member in question seem to have reverted to their original setting with the shift to the new system

That shouldn't be possible in a database-driven system unless the database implementation is messed up. The primary key for a member's account is their email address. The username is an attribute that should only be used for display purposes (such as in these forums). Once the database record is modified and the change committed, the only way for it to revert is for someone or some process to have invoked a rollback. That is normally only done in extreme circumstances and if something has irretrievably corrupted the database and you need to restart from a known good position. The act of rolling back will also cause other issues, such as PC memberships going haywire.

If I was trying to resolve these problems, I'd be looking very closely at database change logs.

• mmalbertmmalbert Posts: 412
    edited December 1969

Yesterday I was listed as an active PC member, seeing Plat Club pricing and discounts even if I was being denied access to the Member forum (my user name has never changed, btw.)

Today, my subscription is listed as "active," but now I'm not seeing Plat Club prices or discounts again, and of course i still can't view the Members forum.

I swear I didn't do anything between yesterday and today.

edited June 2012

I have no idea what is causing the name reversion issue, but it isn't a general roll-back - people are still listed who joined after name changes that have been lost. If I had to guess I would suspect that there was a fixed field created when the user signed up and another filed that was volatile, showing the current name, and it was the fixed field used to populate the value on the new system. However, that is pure speculation.

-----------------------------

Loss of PC discounts seems to be a widespread, possibly universal, issue. We have sent a note to DAZ.

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
  • MistaD2047MistaD2047 Posts: 335
    edited December 1969

So it "was" supposed to be fixed Friday night. Well let me tell you this. Mine is "NOT" fixed. I've been billed twice, I can't see the 1.99 items. I have "NO" notification under my subscriptions stating that I am a member. I "obviously" can't access the members forum and I have "FIVE"(5) tickets in the queue. I am extremely annoyed that this is "NOT" fixed and I think this new system is a piece of "$%^&"

I initially had no issues and then I was double billed and the issues popped up. I initially put in my tickets "FOUR"(4) days ago and nothing has even been looked out and is still being processed. I guess I'm not that important even though I spent probably a couple hundred a pay on items from the store. Sure I'm not a millionaire or billionaire but I'm still a customer!

This is such a serious issue that it makes me wonder "why" they aren't pulling overtime and working Sundays as well until this whole "better" system is fixed! The only people that seem to care are the forum moderators. No one on the back end!

Yes I'm grouchy. I've logged out, cleared my cache, restarted my computer. Logged in, tried other browsers (Firefox, Chrome, IE, Opera, Safari) and nothing is working. As I stated it doesn't even show in my account info as a subscription but they do "have" my money!

edited December 1969

I know its not a good excuse but DAZ CS is severely busy atm. You guys really need to cut them a bit of a break. They are working on tickets as fast as they can. A lot of this issue is because of a weird store pricing issue that is going on right now and the other is look in your profile and see if you group says Platinum Member. If not you need to submit a ticket so they can correct your permissions.

• MistaD2047MistaD2047 Posts: 335
    edited June 2012

I have been cutting them some slack. I've even mentioned that I know they are busy. But the money's already been taken out of my account. Yet I'm not seeing anything in return at the moment. I know they are busy, I know you guys are busy moderating and administrating these forums, and I know it's Sunday. But I've held back until just now and I'm quite annoyed. Mostly that even though they tested this stuff "internally" it shouldn't have been released, replacing the already "smoothly" running system they had until they had an external "beta-test". Beta testers understand that there are bugs. But the public does not and doesn't give slack and will tear you down, call people like whatever Better Business Bureau they can talk to. Or complain to their CC companies or PayPal.

I know their going through bugs. Maybe you guys had an external beta test. I don't know but by the look of all the bugs I highly doubt it.

I can't even re-purchase my PC member because that parts broken too. I'm getting (Selected date is not valid for specified period) which is an update because I never was able to even get that far.

Post edited by MistaD2047 on
  • Alisa Uh-LisaAlisa Uh-Lisa Posts: 1,308
    edited June 2012

Holy smokes. I sure hope people don't go calling the BBB because of what's happening on this site. Sorry, anyone who knows me know I'm not afraid of speaking my mind and letting Daz know when I'm upset about something, but, in my opinion, that would be taking it way past reasonable.

This is a company who has almost ALWAYS ended up doing the right thing, even when they do things that aren't perhaps the smartest things to do and when things are goofed up (like this) or they do something the customers get upset about and go backpedaling, Not always (the infamous vaulted products come to mind), but almost always.

Am I frustrated? YES! Am I sitting here shaking my head about the lack of communication from the official people at Daz (while greatly appreciating all the mods who are working hard to smooth things over)? YES! Am I very ticked off that the amazing Genesis Supersuit was released in the middle of all this insanity, so that many people don't know about it, won't buy it because of store issues, can't buy it, and can't really communicate about how amazing it is because of the mess the forums are in? YES!

But, despite all this I remain convinced that once things get fixed (and though I have no clue how long that will be, my understanding is that they ARE working day and night to resolve the admitted disaster this is) that they will make things right - extend sales, offer discounts and coupons, extend PC times.

But I have to ask, do we really want them doing all of these things while so many people are having so many major issues?? That's just going to create more angry forum posts (the level of which is already insane) and have more people upset, frustrated and furious...

Post edited by Alisa Uh-Lisa on
    edited June 2012

[quote author="Alisa Uh-Lisa" date="1338758457"

But, despite all this I remain convinced that once things get fixed (and though I have no clue how long that will be, my understanding is that they ARE working day and night to resolve the admitted disaster this is) that they will make things right - extend sales, offer discounts and coupons, extend PC times.

They always do try to make things right. Nobody can claim otherwise.

Post edited by frank0314 on
    edited December 1969

Don't try to repurchase, if you mean buy a new membership - that will only need another ticket to refund it once your proper membership iss orted out, and may actually make it harder to sort out in the first place. Unfortunately theer really isn't any alternative but to wait, at least until you see that people who say they opened tickets after you have already had similar issues resolved - trying to add comments, or emails or phone calls, will only add to the back log. We do realise this is hard (and several of use have outstanding issues of our own) but there's nothing that can be done to speed the process.

• edited December 1969

Well, I *wasn't* having problems before, but this morning DAZ charged me for platinum membership AGAIN and THEN removed my access. I had previously got the one year membership to get the bonus stuff they were offering at the time even though I was already paying month to month and as a consequence I KNOW I am a year in advance on payments as it is. I am NOT amused!!

edited December 1969

Since there are general, or at least widespread, problems we may hope that there will be a simple fix that will resolve the majority of the latest problems in one go once the teams has a chance to look at the system.

• jr5jr5 Posts: 7
    edited December 1969

Yep same here - been charged the Platinum Club Monthly Membership @ $7.95 and nothing happened, looks like I'm not listed as a PC member and there's no $6 voucher/thing listed also I look at the $1.99 items and they ain't.
    Also with the front page it keeps asking if I'm another member before I login
    anyhow will check the Facebook site for any updates
    hoping things get worked out soon
    cheers

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,086
    edited December 1969

But I have to ask, do we really want them doing all of these things while so many people are having so many major issues?? That's just going to create more angry forum posts (the level of which is already insane) and have more people upset, frustrated and furious...

That is why I suggested that they hold off on the Fantastic Five bundle that was last voted on at the old forums. Get everything working first, then do the special promotions and sales.

Dana

• MalandarMalandar Posts: 672
    edited June 2012

Well it figures lol This paycheck I was so strapped for cash I actually cancelled my PC membership before the problem was fixed (I had not even known there WAS a problem) so that they would not try to pull cash from an empty well. But it was PC membership or Netflicks until the 7th. I had kept my membership up a good while this time..... Oh well I had not been buying much lately anyway, I'll wait for a big sale or something and rejoin then I guess.

Post edited by Malandar on
  • whaggettwhaggett Posts: 5
    edited December 1969

DanaTA said:

That is why I suggested that they hold off on the Fantastic Five bundle that was last voted on at the old forums. Get everything working first, then do the special promotions and sales.

Dana

I was a little surprised they didn't hold off the rollout of the Genesis Supersuit (and related bundles) until they had the store working more smoothly. With all the problems people have been having using the store, getting proper prices and discounts, etc., the response must have been underwhelming.

• ScytharScythar Posts: 127
    edited December 1969

How is my Status?
    I payed for the PC;
    I didnt get my 'paycheck' so to speak
    i cant access pc member forum
    i dont see any pc items either (1.99$) in the 'shop', actually i do see them, but there full priced.

Could you check plz.
    (Maybe it has to do with the fact that ibelong also to another group here, but that's nothing to do with the forum i thought)

P.