Interjection?

DisparateDreamerDisparateDreamer Posts: 2,491
edited October 2012 in The Commons

I'm on a roll with questions today....

when I apply an interjection setting it turns the body INVISIBLE. What am I doing wrong???

Post edited by DisparateDreamer on

Comments

• JasmineSkunkJasmineSkunk Posts: 1,872
    edited December 1969

Is it happening with every Interjection? Does it render invisible, too? I've never had this happen to me in DS, but in Poser 6 sometimes something similar would occur, but it would render OK, so I am just grasping at straws, but it sure sounds weird! (sorry I'm not much help, am I?)

• TimbalesTimbales Posts: 2,251
    edited October 2012
    Post edited by Timbales on
    edited December 1969

TimG said:

LMAO!!! You sure took me back with that!! Thanks! :)

• DisparateDreamerDisparateDreamer Posts: 2,491
    edited December 1969

yes all of them. I'm applying the skin presets to Genesis, and I tried the V5 sets as well as the v4 sets since genesis was wearing a v4 skin... and all of them made the entire skin surface invisible. Only the eyes and eyelashes were showing!!! :( :( :(

edited October 2012

That sounds very strange, and to be honest, I've never heard of anything like it. I would recommend a bug report, but in the meantime, I will see if i can dig up somebody with more technical knowledge than I have...

Sorry I'm always so useless with your issues, hon!! :red: I'll see what I can find out.

Post edited by JasmineSkunk on
  • scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,313
    edited December 1969

I'm presuming that you're talking about Dimension Theory's product.

Has this just started happening?
    Which version of DS are you using?

I'm not getting this problem so I wonder if you need to reinstall it.
    What happens when you apply the Ubersurface shader to a figure without using Injection?

Have you checked the Opacity in the surface tab?

edited December 1969

using DS4.5.0.114
    other ubershader surface work fine. I can use many of them. I can't say if it "just started happening" because itsthe first time I tried to use Interjection- I bought it during the PA sale, and immediately after I'd gotten an Email virus and my computer was at a tech shop for a couple weeks and was out of commission for abit. Just got a new comp last week and have been reinstalling like crazy and doing art again... and was sad to find this doesn't work.

New Daz install, newgenesis install, new interjection install...no idea why it didn't work. :(

• TotteTotte Posts: 13,510
    edited December 1969

using DS4.5.0.114
    other ubershader surface work fine. I can use many of them. I can't say if it "just started happening" because itsthe first time I tried to use Interjection- I bought it during the PA sale, and immediately after I'd gotten an Email virus and my computer was at a tech shop for a couple weeks and was out of commission for abit. Just got a new comp last week and have been reinstalling like crazy and doing art again... and was sad to find this doesn't work.

New Daz install, newgenesis install, new interjection install...no idea why it didn't work. :(

Do you render with Motion blur on?

edited December 1969

nope. never. and i did a test render before apply the preset and after, and its def the preset.... goign to redownload and reinstall in case something's missing or something:S

• scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,313
    edited December 1969

I hope a reinstall fixes it - I've been using injection since it came out and haven't had any problems in any version- I'm now on DS4.5.0.137.

To make sure its applying properly - what does it say in the surfaces tab at the top by Shader ie Daz Default Shader or omubersurface.