Genesis Meets Poser - Introducing DSON Importer for Poser

Comments

• MEC4DMEC4D Posts: 5,249
    edited December 1969

Hi Guys I made for myself a little helper for Poser to switch the UV's of genesis without to going into DS or create any extra files
    this way you can use your old Poser material presets on Genesis without converting it to duf and other stuff ..

Load genesis to the scene, apply the UV's you like to have M4, V4, Kids4 , M5, V5, S5 , next add your old poser material preset to the figure and done
    this way you can edit your own materials and save it in Poser without to worry the UV's will not working
    it is not big deal but so handy !! because I am lazy and don;t want to convert my Poser materials to make it work
    I saw a lot of people made Poser version of characters, this will be usable as you can use the Poser shaders and not just the standard DS

it is a free
    http://www.mec4d.com/store/index.php?_a=viewProd&productId=86

Cath

• wimvdb_dc63ee9ce6wimvdb_dc63ee9ce6 Posts: 183
    edited December 1969

Thanks Cath!
    That is a very useful tool

edited December 1969

you welcome , after you apply the right UV's you like to genesis you can apply pz2 pose mats or mc6
    and I am sure people have a lot of old stuff in Poser for V4 and M4 and Kids and not use DS so this will really help without to wait for the updates .

WimvdB said:
    Thanks Cath!
    That is a very useful tool
  • Alisa Uh-LisaAlisa Uh-Lisa Posts: 1,308
    edited December 1969

Thanks, Cath!

Am I right that you'd have to own each of the Generation 5 characters in order for this to work for that UV? In other words, if you don't have S5, you wouldn't be able to use S5 textures...

edited October 2012

yes that is correct , M5, V5, etc.. as it load the UV's for you so you need to own the data I created Poser presets to switch them without using DS and not actual new UV;s
    until everyone update everything it can be handy ,the UV's for M4, V4 and Kids4 are included free in the kit

:)

Thanks, Cath!

Am I right that you'd have to own each of the Generation 5 characters in order for this to work for that UV? In other words, if you don't have S5, you wouldn't be able to use S5 textures...

Post edited by MEC4D on
  • Alisa Uh-LisaAlisa Uh-Lisa Posts: 1,308
    edited December 1969

That's what I figured :) Thanks for this, Cath!!

• griffon_e3f1dc9370griffon_e3f1dc9370 Posts: 224
    edited December 1969

Yes thanks very much!

• edited December 1969

ok so gave p for a little bit and coming back now trying to get clothes eing into is when i try to save the file as a support asset the content type only says none, i tried to co to cb database and reimport metadata like i saw posted earlier, but it doesnt change nething still only has none under conetnt type... im lost, please help ...... running newest version of dazstudio 4.5

• foxyladyfoxylady Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Mec4D said:
    Hi Guys I made for myself a little helper for Poser to switch the UV's of genesis without to going into DS or create any extra files
    this way you can use your old Poser material presets on Genesis without converting it to duf and other stuff ..

Load genesis to the scene, apply the UV's you like to have M4, V4, Kids4 , M5, V5, S5 , next add your old poser material preset to the figure and done
    this way you can edit your own materials and save it in Poser without to worry the UV's will not working
    it is not big deal but so handy !! because I am lazy and don;t want to convert my Poser materials to make it work
    I saw a lot of people made Poser version of characters, this will be usable as you can use the Poser shaders and not just the standard DS

it is a free

Cath

Thanks Cath, very useful and kind of you.

• featherwitchfeatherwitch Posts: 13
    edited October 2012

Anyone else having issues with Wicked Fairytale Morphs (or any other morph packs) "sticking"? By that I mean (after installing them where Genesis lives, 'cuz that's what it says to do on the product page) the dials showing up and working as part of Genesis when loaded into Poser once, but when you close Poser, open it again, and reload Genesis, the morph dials are there, but the morphs don't do anything when the dials are spun...???

Can anyone shed any light on this? I've tried saving other versions of Genesis in my default DAZ Studio library and in the library I created for the converted Genesis stuff, I've installed the morphs in both locations as well. It works fine in DAZ Studio, but I've only had it work in Poser a couple of times...

I have no problems with all my V4, M4, M5, V5 morphs "sticking" and working. I'm just wondering if I'm missing something? :red:

EDIT: Never mind... I found a rogue "geometry" file in my runtime folder that DSON had created (or rather I apparently did at some point) having to do with this morph set. I deleted it to see what would happen, and so far, everytime I've loaded Genesis, the morphs have worked. Maybe this will help someone else...but of course tweak at your own risk! ;o)

Post edited by featherwitch on
  • Satira CapriccioSatira Capriccio Posts: 523
    edited December 1969

Ouchie.

Anyone else getting crumpling in Genesis shoulders with some poses?

Genesis_Ouchie.jpg
    637 x 277 - 12K
  • andolaurinaandolaurina Posts: 667
    edited December 1969

Is there any way to use Gen 3 maps on Genesis? I have some fantastic Thorne/Sarsa/Handspan textures I'd love to use on Genesis.

edited October 2012

not at this moment , what you can do is use texture converter and convert it to v4 and use with genesis

Is there any way to use Gen 3 maps on Genesis? I have some fantastic Thorne/Sarsa/Handspan textures I'd love to use on Genesis.
    Post edited by MEC4D on
    edited December 1969

Mec4D said:
    not at this moment , what you can do is use texture converter and convert it to v4 and use with genesis

Thanks, Cath! Yeah, I have TC2 & the corresponding licenses for Gen 3 figures. I thought maybe DAZ had created a UV-mapped version of Genesis with Gen 3 maps. Not a problem. I've converted a bunch already to Gen 4, so I should get around to doing the rest that I like.

Thanks for the script, too. So helpful! :) Hugs to you!

edited December 1969

Last I knew, even in DS you had to transfer them to Gen 4 before you could use them on Genesis.

edited December 1969

Sunfire said:

Last I knew, even in DS you had to transfer them to Gen 4 before you could use them on Genesis.

Just the textures not the morphs. Well, the morphs are fantastic, too, but for that I'll have to spring for GenX (which would be nice to get on sale...darn that PA sale coming before this announcement!)

• taiuritaiuri Posts: 553
    edited December 1969

Hey guys, I installed the genesis essentials and the DSON importer into my poser, but this window appeared when I try to load the genesis figure:
    Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "C:\Program Files (x86)\e frontier\Poser 7\Downloads\Runtime\libraries\character\DAZ People\Genesis.py", line 1, in ?
    import dson.dzdsonimporter
    ImportError: No module named dson.dzdsonimporter

I have to say I'm using Poser 7 and I installed in: C:\Program Files (x86)\e frontier\Poser 7\Downloads\ directory. What did I do wrong?

edited December 1969

taiuri said:
    Hey guys, I installed the genesis essentials and the DSON importer into my poser, but this window appeared when I try to load the genesis figure:
    File "C:\Program Files (x86)\e frontier\Poser 7\Downloads\Runtime\libraries\character\DAZ People\Genesis.py", line 1, in ?

I have to say I'm using Poser 7 and I installed in: C:\Program Files (x86)\e frontier\Poser 7\Downloads\ directory. What did I do wrong?

The DSON importer only works with Poser 9 and Poser Pro 2012 SR3 or higher. For one reason because it wasn't until then that the ability to have outside plugins to work with Poser became possible, and because Genesis is weightmapped and it wasn't until Poser 9 and Poser Pro 2012 that Poser could handle weightmapped figures.

• taiuritaiuri Posts: 553
    edited December 1969

Sunfire said:
    taiuri said:

The DSON importer only works with Poser 9 and Poser Pro 2012 SR3 or higher. For one reason because it wasn't until then that the ability to have outside plugins to work with Poser became possible, and because Genesis is weightmapped and it wasn't until Poser 9 and Poser Pro 2012 that Poser could handle weightmapped figures.

Ok, thank you for your reply.

• TaozTaoz Posts: 9,724
    edited October 2012

fixme12 said:
    fixme12 said:
    Is the daz official content downloader ready? how do we now, what files we need to update?

again i try to get information about above questions...

As for DSON updates, the History Manager has been updated so it can check which of the products you own that have been DSON updated, as well as reset them (it can't check for other types of updates though).

http://taosoft.dk/software/dazhm/

Post edited by Taoz on
  • estheresther Posts: 608
    edited December 1969

a mac version of this might be handy.

• GRFK DSGN UnlimitedGRFK DSGN Unlimited Posts: 1,040
    edited December 1969

Ok. I get all the files downloaded and installed. Go to Poser 9 and load Genesis. Attempt to dial up some of the morphs and nothing happens. What did I do wrong?

David

I never saw where anyone answered my question. I've been away a couple of days and tried to scroll thru the pages to see if there was a response and I found none. Can someone one please help. I have DAZ Studio Pro and Poser 9 SR3.

David

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited December 1969

chohole said:
    The legacy files are for those running DS4 or earlier. If you are using DS 4.5 and/or Porser then you won't need it.

Thank you! :)

• Mary WilliamsMary Williams Posts: 108
    edited December 1969

Ok, random question #45219: How would one go about setting up a hotkey for Save As -> Support Asset -> Figure Prop Asset in DS4.5 ? :D

• emocemoc Posts: 2
    edited December 1969

Help please !!!, i cant load my V5 , I installed both files :"13439_Victoria5_1.1_trx.exe" and "13439_Victoria5PoserCF_1.1_dpc.exe" ,
    they also appear in my content library for daz stuff on poser but when i load her , it loads only a plain genesis figure , any ideas??

edited December 1969

there's a V5 dial in the body of your genesis since installing the V5 (which is actually a V5 morph dial)

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited December 1969

Ok, next question:
    Do I have to install the Poser companion files?
    Especially since there is Dimension3d's free script:
    http://d3d.sesseler.de/index.php?software=poserpython&product=dson_loader

edited December 1969

yes. Only use the D3D script if you didn't buy it from the DSON compatible link.

• Starfish42Starfish42 Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

DavidGB said:
    danboi said:
    Hi. I've managed to get DSON working for me in poser 9 but not fully as I still have the frozen library. I've installed the M5 pro package but I can't seem to locate the M5 gens in poser 9's library. Are the M5 Gens compatible yet?

Danny

If the Poser companion files haven't been made yet for the M5 Gens, you can either make them yourself in DS, or use the DSON Loader script in Poser to load them. http://d3d.sesseler.de/index.php?software=poserpython&product=dson_loader

Just install the script into the runtime inside your Poser 9 or Pro 2012 program folder (NOT your normal rintime for content - the script needs to be in the actual Poser program directory). Then you can launch the script from the Poser script menu and navigate to the normal DS file for loading the Gens - Male Genetalia.duf in People/Genesis/Anatomy. the script will get the importer to import the gensfor you into Poser.

Thanks for this - I'd been struggling with the genitalia (!) for some while, and this worked like a dream.

• Jeanne MJeanne M Posts: 652
    edited December 1969

Mec4D said:

it is a free

Cath

Thank you very much! :)
    While I was at your store, I bought the Genesis robe. Looks very nice. I suppose I could convert that in DS4.5.1 for use in Poser also? (once I figured out how to convert....%-P )

Love, Jeanne
This discussion has been closed.