Scripts in DS3 Categories

c69jane_f8f490e0b7c69jane_f8f490e0b7 Posts: 14
edited June 2012 in New Users

I've recently switched to using Categories View and my scripts aren't showing up at all. I can see/use them in Folders View but get nothing now.

Is there something I'm missing here or is it just a quirk?

Thanks in advance!

Ciao,
CJ

Post edited by c69jane_f8f490e0b7 on

Comments

• edited December 1969

Are they showing up at all in 'Unassigned'? And if they're not, where are your missing scripts in relation to the rest of your runtime? I'm assuming you've done the initial scan for content, if you're seeing other stuff in categories view...

• c69jane_f8f490e0b7c69jane_f8f490e0b7 Posts: 14
    edited June 2012

Everything's out of "Unassigned". As far as I can tell at the moment all of my content is appearing, though I haven't checked each one to find out. The scripts are in E:\!!!Daz_Runs\!!0-CJ's\Content\Scripts, which is added into the Directories as "Native". That's the directory {E:\!!!Daz_Runs\!!0-CJ's\Content\ that is} where I put the Scenes I'm messing with. I've also tried them in the "Built-In" scripts folder and my main DAZ content folder. They just don't come up at all in "Categories" View - not even as "Unassigned". For now I've been switching Views when I need to use a script {not that often fortunately}.

Ciao,
    CJ

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,696
    edited December 1969

You can always right-click on a folder or file in the folder list and use the context menu to add it to a category.

• edited December 1969

I'm just going to go through the idiot-proofing, first, because we've all made the occasional braindead mistake.

1. All the directories you've tried them in are sub-directories of your main content path? As in, all the rest of your content is in E:\!!!Daz_Runs\ somewhere?
    2. After each time you moved the scripts, you've re-scanned for new content?

'Cause it sounds like the program's either not finding the folder or not recognising the scripts as valid content, but if they show up in your folders view, it definitely knows what they are...

• c69jane_f8f490e0b7c69jane_f8f490e0b7 Posts: 14
    edited June 2012

Oh I know, I've been braindead MANY times, especially in the mornings before my COFFEE! LOL!

I have 4 Directories:
    Native format:
    C:\Users\CJsToy\AppData\Roaming\DAZ 3D\Studio3\DAZ Built-in Content
    E:\!!!Daz_Runs\!!0-CJ's\Content
    E:\!!!Daz_Runs\!1-Main_Daz\Content

Poser format:
    E:\!!!Daz_Runs\!!1-Main_Pzr

Ah, bloody h3ll - LOL! Guess I did forget something. I didn't rescan the Content when I tried the different directories. I see 'em in Unassigned now. Thanks for all your help, folks! I really do appreciate it!!!

Ciao,
    CJ

• adamr001adamr001 Posts: 1,322
    edited December 1969

c69jane said:
    Oh I know, I've been braindead MANY times, especially in the mornings before my COFFEE! LOL!

I have 4 Directories:
    Native format:
    C:\Users\CJsToy\AppData\Roaming\DAZ 3D\Studio3\DAZ Built-in Content
    E:\!!!Daz_Runs\!!0-CJ's\Content
    E:\!!!Daz_Runs\!1-Main_Daz\Content

Poser format:
    E:\!!!Daz_Runs\!!1-Main_Pzr

Ah, bloody h3ll - LOL! Guess I did forget something. I didn't rescan the Content when I tried the different directories. I see 'em in Unassigned now. Thanks for all your help, folks! I really do appreciate it!!!

Ciao,
    CJ

In general, every DAZ Native Format directory should also be a Poser Format Directory.