Genesis motion and MOCAP foot issues!?

edited December 1969 in Art Studio

Hello,

Firstly, well done for a really GREAT and extremely helpful and handy program.... :)

Question!?

I would like to use the Daz characters that I create in Max 2012. I would like to be able to create the character AND animate the character in Daz. Then let 3d Max do the rest.... scene environments, lighting and rendering!

I can NOT however animate in Daz as Genesis has a few flaws:

1) The bones naming system - MOCAP / bvh motion files use very different name for each bone in the arms and legs mainly. So MOCAP does not seems to work properly - Even in Motion Builder, where you have to re-attach / link all the bones before you can animate ... What a PAIN!

2) In Daz inself - Genesis does weird things with its feet. must be something to do with the rigging. In Daz if I import bvh MOCAP to my character.. The feet turn up and the whole point of using MOCAP is mute.. because of the amount of repairing the animation involved!

3) The same foot issue - happens when trying to attach older shoe models to Genesis - ie: Pretty 3d content..... The boots never attach or get correct rigging?!

Please help - Am I doing something wrong when doing these things?

Comments

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

You are using Gen4 animations on Genesis, which is a completely different figure to any of the Gen 4 models.

The same thing happens in Animate 2, but they have provided a fix for it. I will see if I can find a link for you.

• WayOfTheSwordWayOfTheSword Posts: 32
    edited December 1969

Yeah, there are definite issues when using animate2 with Genesis. The feet can be fixed very simply though. Bring up your key frames on the animate timeline and switch the level from 'base' to Level 1 (or higher) and then rotate the feet to what you want.

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

Have a look at this thread, GoFigure have a fix for this:
    http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/8256/

• jaebeajaebea Posts: 454
    edited December 1969

I find the same problem when I use other figures with the aniblocks but I do the same thing that wayofthesword does. Works everytime!

• StarLite MoonStarLite Moon Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

You can also pin the feet down. If you are using DS4 then highlight both feet and go to bend in the general parameters and click on the lock. Although your character might start skipping a step. But if you are better at animating than I am then you may know how to solve that problem. Hope this helps :)

• babel25babel25 Posts: 54
    edited December 1969

If you have shoes on your Genesis figure here's a workaround without having to purchase animate2.

You can't bend the shoe parent node but open it up and down the hierarchy in the scene tab you can bend the foot, toes and big toe nodes of the shoe object (about 20, 60, 60 degrees respectively I think and you have to do all 3). This will shift it from the foot position of the genesis figure but retain the animation. The Genesis feet will poke through so select those and click the eye icon to make them invisible.