Vector graphics

migueldcmigueldc Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in New Users

I was hoping there would be a way to render to a file format that represents vector graphics? Is that possible at all with DAZ3D?

Thanks!

Comments

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited December 1969

migueldc said:
    I was hoping there would be a way to render to a file format that represents vector graphics? Is that possible at all with DAZ3D?

Thanks!

No...the formats you are limited to are jpg, png, tiff and bmp. There's a couple more it understands on the 'import' side of things, but doesn't render to them.

• BlackFeather1973BlackFeather1973 Posts: 739
    edited December 1969

What format are you looking for ? Poser can export to flash swf, that should be vector.
    Haven't tried it yet, though. I picked up Poser Debut a while ago for a bargain price, but hardly ever use it since i got DS.

• Roman_K2Roman_K2 Posts: 1,206
    edited December 1969

Just a random comment but isn't vector art by definition pretty "flat", compared to your average Poser render? Just curious.

I have the bargain Poser Debut too... so far I've only managed to figure out how to make DAZ's space helmet visor for M3 transparent, instead of gold-bronze.

• BlackFeather1973BlackFeather1973 Posts: 739
    edited December 1969

Yeah, i don't think realistic renders are an option. I suppose toon or stylized renders could actually be quite nice, you'd get an awesome amount of scalability and probably some nice options for postwork.

• 3DAGE3DAGE Posts: 3,311
    edited December 1969

Just as an option,....

There are a couple of vector graphics programs which can take an image and convert that into vector shapes.
    quick example using Xara designer pro....

cat_convert.jpg
    500 x 811 - 56K
  • migueldcmigueldc Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Thanks for all the comments, ideas and suggestions. Going for a flatter "toon" look and using an auto-trace fundtion in a vector program seems like the way to go for me.