DAZ!! Where are the FREAKING UPDATE NOTICES?!!

nightwolf1982nightwolf1982 Posts: 1,135
edited December 1969 in Product Suggestions

The ONLY thing I don't like about DAZ right now is the fact that you have no idea whether or not the products you've bought have been updated or not.

I spent several hours last night re-downloading the M5 and V5 Pro Bundles, in order to grab the DSON Importer files. I even went so far as to purchase the Genesis MFD, which I already have as part of the V4 MFD Unimesh Fits set, in order to get the DSON files for that product. And I have no idea what other products may have been updated (the Gen MFD isn't even listed in the DSON Importer category).

I don't want to have to reset my downloads every time JUST to find out if my purchases have been updated or not; and while I appreciate and give thanks to the forum members who have been tracking updates as much as possible, it's not their job to let us know what's been updated, so they don't always have the most up-to-date info.

DAZ sales people, we've been complaining about this long enough. Get off your keisters, get the lead out of your a**es, and get to work on SOME method of notifying your customers of product updates.

Comments

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,563
    edited December 1969

The Install Manager, which is supposed to provide this function, has unfortunately been delayed by the troubles with the new site. In the interim, I've been keeping lists of non-Genesis products which have been updated and of products which are now available in zips, and Jay_NOLA is keeping a list of updated Genesis products. The links are in my sig.

• nightwolf1982nightwolf1982 Posts: 1,135
    edited December 1969

Like I said, I whole heartedly appreciate the efforts you and Jay_NOLA have been putting in to those lists, but they aren't up-to-date, at least, the genesis one isn't. Almost all of the V5 and M5 Pro bundle products have been updated with DSON files, except for Hampton Hair, Manly Men, and V5 Base Poses (which MAY be the same as the V5 Standard Poses, since the Base poses don't even have a download link).

I can't and don't expect you and Jay_NOLA to be completely on top of every update the second it comes out, nor should you have to be. DAZ has made the decision to add new files to their products, at the same time changing how they're delivering the products to us customers. It is DAZ's responsibility to notify us of those changes, as well as what products have been changed, either on-site or through e-mail notification.

As for the Install Manager, I'm not sure I want it, unless it's going to be free or part of Studio. I don't want to pay to find out whether my stuff is updated or not.

• Alisa Uh-LisaAlisa Uh-Lisa Posts: 1,308
    edited December 1969

The Install Manager, which is supposed to provide this function, has unfortunately been delayed by the troubles with the new site. In the interim, I've been keeping lists of non-Genesis products which have been updated and of products which are now available in zips, and Jay_NOLA is keeping a list of updated Genesis products. The links are in my sig.

As said, it's appreciated that you guys have been attempting to do this, but I have a FURTHER question.

Are you saying that if we choose NOT to use the new "Install Manager" (I like to put things where I want them) we won't get any updates on products ever again? :(

edited December 1969

As said, it's appreciated that you guys have been attempting to do this, but I have a FURTHER question.

Are you saying that if we choose NOT to use the new "Install Manager" (I like to put things where I want them) we won't get any updates on products ever again? :(

No, you'll still be able to get updates. I think that the Install Manager will also allow you to just check for updates but not install them for you, or check and download but not install, but I haven't seen it myself to be sure.

edited December 1969

Sorry, I didn't ask that correctly. What I meant was does it mean that if we don't use the install manager we won't be NOTIFIED about updates...?

edited December 1969

Sorry, I didn't ask that correctly. What I meant was does it mean that if we don't use the install manager we won't be NOTIFIED about updates...?

I don't know if there will be other notification methods -- I hope so, but I don't know if there will be (or if they'll be any more reliable than in the past).

edited December 1969

Thanks, Mike :( I hope so too because I don't intend to use the install manager

• Dream CutterDream Cutter Posts: 1,222
    edited December 1969

Install Manager - Thank Goodness !!!

The Install Manager, which is supposed to provide this function, has unfortunately been delayed by the troubles with the new site. In the interim, I've been keeping lists of non-Genesis products which have been updated and of products which are now available in zips, and Jay_NOLA is keeping a list of updated Genesis products. The links are in my sig.[/qu

News of this coming to reality really Makes My Day!

• SpektyrSpektyr Posts: 2
    edited December 1969

Mike, whatever happened to the software update section from the old site? Does it still exist and, if so, can you post a link to it? I want to update my Carrara 8 Pro to the latest stable release.

Since Bryce 7 Pro and Hexagon 2.5 are now a free products (a real slap in the face to all the customers that actually paid for them in the past) I'm just downloading the latest versions for free.

Thanks,
    Spek