Will Genesis hairs fit V4/M4?

mnpazanmnpazan Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

I don't have any of the Genesis expansions yet (fully replacing just V4 alone with Genesis is still pretty expensive), but there are some Genesis hairs I'd like to use on some of my gen 4 based characters. My experience with hairs has been that barring shoulder rigging they are usually pretty forgiving in terms of figure compatibility. Does this hold true for Genesis hairs?

Comments

• srieschsriesch Posts: 4,241
    edited December 1969

While I haven't specifically tried Genesis hair on V4 or M4 or done this a lot, I have used hair on the wrong figure with good results. Don't fit the hair to the character though, simply use the XYZ parameter sliders to drag it into position, then parent it to the figure's head.

• mnpazanmnpazan Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Yah, that's what I meant when I said I've found hairs to be pretty forgiving in the past. I'm looking for info on Genesis hairs specifically though.

• PuntomausPuntomaus Posts: 450
    edited December 1969

Yes, you can use it but you need to parent it to the head. When you fit it to V4 it won't look right. But as long as you parent it, it will work. You can set the hair to collide with V4 to make it fit better.

• mnpazanmnpazan Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Cool, thanks!