where should Michael 5 be installed? solved

DaveDave Posts: 176
edited October 2012 in The Commons

I have been trying to install michael 5 in to DAZ studio 4.5 but i keep getting an error "michael 5 is an add on for Genesis and they must be installed in the same location"
Daz was installed with default settings so it should have to go to C\users\my name\my documents\DAZ3D\studio\my library\data\DAZ 3D\Genesis but i still get the same error
what is the file it is actually looking for
By the way I have victoria 5 and that works just fine

Post edited by Dave on

Comments

• SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited October 2012

Your install location should be (if this is where Genesis is installed to) C\users\my name\my documents\DAZ3D\studio\my library

Post edited by Szark on
  • DaveDave Posts: 176
    edited December 1969

yep thats what ive been trying to do , but it wont have it

edited December 1969

Ok just so we are on the same page. You have physically checked where Genesis is installed to. As you did post the wrong installtion path in your first post.

Next is to redownload the files just to eliminate corrupted files. I does happen but it is rare.

Next if you are 100% sure that Genesis is where it supposed to be then I have had this issue once before and a reinstall was the only way I fixed it.

edited December 1969

just done a reinstall same problem tried to install to C\users\my name\my documents\DAZ3D\studio\my library but still same error yet when I open up DAZ it loads with genesis and I can use v5 no problem , pose render everything works so it must be there some where

edited December 1969

There must be a particular file its looking for if I knew what that was maybe i could point it in the right direction or copy it to where it should be

edited December 1969

Can you please check where Genesis is please just to make sure. What version of Daz Studio are you using?

In the Smart Content Pane follow the images below.

Genesis2.jpg
    1471 x 938 - 692K
    Genesis1.jpg
    917 x 1018 - 517K
  • fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

The file it's looking for (starting from My Library) is \data\DAZ 3D\Genesis\Base\Genesis.dsf

edited December 1969

thanks mike. Now I know.

edited December 1969

ok did that first DAZ studio 4.5 pro version 4.5.1.6
    next following your pics I had none of the characters you have , but i reconignised I had same in poser 2012 under daz people from the installation of DSON so i coppied them over following where they are on yours they appear in DAZ ok and they work then I tried to install again still same error message

edited December 1969

hooray fixed it a search of my entire hard drive for Genesis.dsf found the only copy was in C:\Program Files\Smith Micro\Poser Pro 2012\data\DAZ 3D\Genesis\Base\UV Sets\DAZ 3D\Base so copied it over to the correct place and the installer worked no idear what it was doing there as the only place many thanks guys for all your help

edited December 1969

Great I was really sure it was a folder issue. So IMHO your Daz Default Content (Genesis Starter Essentials) is installed somewhere else or something has got corrupted. My limited expereince is telling me the first. :)

Could you please add (Solved) to the title of this thread. (just in case) Go and edit your first post to add to the title. :)

edited December 1969

Thank you bigdave

• winmathwinmath Posts: 127
    edited December 1969

hooray fixed it a search of my entire hard drive for Genesis.dsf found the only copy was in C:\Program Files\Smith Micro\Poser Pro 2012\data\DAZ 3D\Genesis\Base\UV Sets\DAZ 3D\Base so copied it over to the correct place and the installer worked no idear what it was doing there as the only place many thanks guys for all your help

You have to watch the DAZ install programs if you install content to multiple folders . On the Mac the installers sometime default to the "Studio:My Library folder", sometimes to the last folder I installed to, and sometimes to a folder from a few installs ago. It may be the same problem on Windows.