Comments

• cridgitcridgit Posts: 1,757
    edited May 2022

Redacted

Post edited by cridgit on
  • Mosk the ScribeMosk the Scribe Posts: 888
    edited December 1969

Hey Cridgit -

I've gone through a few folders manually and transferred some M4 poses to genesis.

I can see the dsa and png files in those subdirectories.

But after scanning known directories for new files, they don't show up inside DAZ Studio (though the newly created subfolder itself shows up - but no files appear within)

If I select genesis, then do file>Merge and select the .dsa file manually, the pose applies and looks fine.

I'm using DAZ 4.5.0.137

Any idea what could be happening or how to fix it?

Also, do you have any idea when DAZ is going to fix their coding so that you can automate the batch transfer instead of having to make some selections for every pose? The batch transfer will be incredibly useful once that's automated, but right now, the hassle of having to sit at the computer and make a few clicks for every pose makes it impractical to do a mass update/changeover for use with genesis.

Thanks

edited May 2022

Redacted

• oso11oso11 Posts: 7
    edited December 1969

Hello,

I've bought and installed PoseMaster and ran the test script. Not all test cases passed. This is an extract of the log file:

DEBUG: FAIL: PoseMasterCopyHandler.copyPose node tree 2 scale w
    DEBUG: FAIL: PoseMasterCopyHandler.copyPose node tree 2 scale x
    DEBUG: FAIL: PoseMasterCopyHandler.copyPose node tree 2 scale y
    DEBUG: FAIL: PoseMasterCopyHandler.copyPose node tree 2 scale z
    DEBUG: PoseMasterCopyHandler test completed: 259 of 299 test cases passed in 405 ms.
    DEBUG: FAIL: PoseMasterDeltaHandler.deltaPose node tree 2 scale w
    DEBUG: FAIL: PoseMasterDeltaHandler.deltaPose node tree 2 scale x
    DEBUG: FAIL: PoseMasterDeltaHandler.deltaPose node tree 2 scale y
    DEBUG: FAIL: PoseMasterDeltaHandler.deltaPose node tree 2 scale z
    DEBUG: PoseMasterDeltaHandler test completed: 128 of 140 test cases passed in 145 ms.
    DEBUG: All test completed: 1922 of 1974 test cases passed in 3380 ms.
    Script executed successfully.

All failed test cases seem to be concerned with scale issues. I use DAZ 4.5 Pro, 64b.

Someone has an idea what's going wrong?

Thanks a lot and kind regards

edited May 2022

Redacted

• vwranglervwrangler Posts: 4,804
    edited December 1969

Cridgit, I purchased Posemaster recently, and have found it really useful.

One thing I wanted to suggest for your forthcoming update, though: if it's at all possible, could you stick a robust Stop/Cancel button in the Batch Convert option? I sent it to work on a directory with mixed M4/V4 poses, and when I realized what I'd done, all I could do was to hit Cancel on the Studio pose convert window, or else let it complete.

(The number of clicks to get through all. 40. poses. wasn't that much more, so I wound up letting it go. Mind, the results were both hilarious and instructive. I'd never realized that the rigging between M4 and V4 shoulders was so different, for example. It makes sense, of course; I'd just never thought about it until I was looking at the poses in action, just to see how the conversion had worked, and thinking, "You know, male shoulders really don't do that. And also, ow.")

I'm also hoping that 4.5 will let you more fully automate/script the pose process. I've got a few directories with something like 100 poses in a package, and I just look at those and think, "I'll wait until I need one, use that, and hope nobody explodes."

edited May 2022

Redacted

edited December 1969

Not to be pushy, I hope, but one other question/request: Is there any way to get Posemaster to remember where you were, or to point it at the Pose directory as a starting point? It didn't look like there was anywhere in PosemasterSettings.DAT or Default.PSR to tell it where to start. For some odd reason, mine keeps starting out in the Reality Add-ons folder. Is there a line I can add to the settings file to tell it, "Start here, then end here", and then do some finer navigation based on those starting points?

edited May 2022

Redacted

edited May 2022

Redacted

edited December 1969

cridgit said:

One of the requests was to filter the offset poses and skeleton maps to the selected figures. I have explored this extensively and written the code to do so, but I'm reluctant to release this feature. As with everything, there are tradeoffs to be made, and after having developed and tested this feature, I feel the benefits do not sufficeintly exceed the drawbacks. I'd like to share my findings and invite some feedback before finalizing the decision.

So the idea is that, based on which figure is selected, Posemaster would scan both figures in the scene and automatically realize, for example, "Since Genesis is selected, Genesis is the target and M4/V4 is the source," automatically pick the seemingly correct settings, but also lock out all the other settings?

I think the issue may be whether or not you have the Posemaster People Pack. With the limited choices that come with Posemaster by itself, no, the filtering wouldn't be worth it. If you've got the people pack, however, I can see how that list might feel like a bit much to search through.

Would it be possible to make the filter merely preselect the apparently correct choice while letting you select another option if that turns out to be wrong, instead of filtering out all other options so they can't even be seen? Does that make any notable difference to the performance hit?

I don't fee particularly dogmatic about it either way; I can see the benefits of both approaches. Filtering with the People Pack makes the process a bit less intimidating; not-filtering makes Studio not slow to a crawl, and it has issues with that with some functions already. Not bothered by NOT including it, anyway.

edited May 2022

Redacted

• CybersoxCybersox Posts: 8,742
    edited December 1969

Looking forward to trying out the new features, as well as the new People Pack.

• KGKG Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Hi

Is there a way with pose master to copy the pose from the left hand to the right hand within the same figure?

Thanks

edited May 2022

Redacted

• KickAir 8PKickAir 8P Posts: 1,865
    edited December 1969

PoseMaster People Pack -- Kids4 to Genesis, yes! (And a bunch of others too, but that's what I was waiting for.) Thanks!

I notice that PoseMaster DS is currently full price -- up to you, but an accompanying sale might net some new customers, yes?

edited May 2022

Redacted

• DavidGBDavidGB Posts: 565
    edited December 1969

Question:

On the People Pack store page, in the description itt says: "...all the DAZ human figures including generation 2...", but in the What's Included & Features, the only generation 2 figures mentioned are "Stephanie, Millenium Girls and Millenium Boys". Are Genesis to/from Michael and Victoria included? (M2 and V2 being the same as Michael and Victoria as far as posing and pose conversions go as they are just Michael and Victoria with some added morphs.)

edited May 2022

Redacted

• DavidGBDavidGB Posts: 565
    edited December 1969

cridgit said:
    DavidGB said:
    Question:

On the People Pack store page, in the description itt says: "...all the DAZ human figures including generation 2...", but in the What's Included & Features, the only generation 2 figures mentioned are "Stephanie, Millenium Girls and Millenium Boys". Are Genesis to/from Michael and Victoria included? (M2 and V2 being the same as Michael and Victoria as far as posing and pose conversions go as they are just Michael and Victoria with some added morphs.)

Hi David

That is correct, there is a popup image that shows the supported figures. Michael 1 and Victoria 1 are not included because I hadn't expected anybody would need pose transfers for gen 1, and I hadn't included M2 or V2 simply because I couldn't find them in the store. I assumed the Michael and Victoria figures had evolved from V1 to V3 (I haven't been around that long).

Michael and Victoria (now M1 and V1, but didn't originally have numbers) were the original figures. Unlike gen3 figures onward, they shared nothing with each other - they were completely different meshes from each other, Victoria's mesh (coming first) was designed only to have polys in the right place for typical 'female' morphs, like big hips, big breasts, tiny waist. Micahel's was designed quite differently to have polys in the right place for muscles. They have quite different rigs, as well as proportions, and do not take each other's poses at all well.

Michael 2 and Victoria 2 were not new figures at all. The only differences between M1 and M2, aand V1 and V2 were that M2 and V2 came with assorted body and head morphs, whereas V1 and M1 only came with some expression morphs. As they are the same figures with regards, to mesh and rig, there is no difference between poses for m1 and m2, and between poses for V1 and V2. Do one and you have done both.

Stephanie (which came along with M2 and V2, so there is just 'Stephanie', then later Steph petite 3: there's no Stephanie 1 and Stephanie 2) was something a bit different, and the relationship between her and Victoria 1/2 is quite different from the difference between S3 and V3, S4 and V4 and S5 and V5. As I said above, Michael had a mesh with polys arranged for muscle morphs, but Victoria didn't. When DAZ found there was a desire for a female figure that could have muscles, they caame up with Stephanie. Stephanie is Michael 1/2's mesh, reshaped to be the size and proportions of Victoria 1/2, and using Victoria 1/2's rig. So she's not a smaller girl. like S3, 4 and 5 - she's the same size and shape as Victoria 1 and 2. But because she uses a reshaped michael mesh, she has the polys for muscle morphs, which she caame with. The result is that Stephanie uses Victoria 1 or 2 poses, and Victoria 1 or 2 clothes (leaving aside that the clothes may not support the Stephanie morphs), but she can't use Victoria 1 or 2 textures ot morphs (but rather can use M2's maps or morphs). So whereas the Steph Vickie relationship since Steph Petitie 3 has been that Steph is the little girl, with th original Steph she was as tall as Vickie and was the I-can-turn-into-She-Hulk girl.

In fact, Stephanie, using reshaped Michael 1/2 mesh, is the beginning of the unimesh idea, which then went forward with V3 and M3 using the same mesh as each other. Stephanie actually has the kind of relationship with Michael 1 and 2 that V3 later had with M3, whereas V1/V2 didn't have that kind of relationship with M1/M2 at all.

V3 and M3 were the product of a completely new unimesh, with completely new rigs. They are in no way simple developments from Stephanie and M1/M2 (let alone V1/V2) moved to V3/M3. V3 and M3 are quite different. V1/V2, M1/M2 and Stephanie all have buttock body parts between the hip and thighs, for instance. And everyone had to learn a new way of posing. With V1/V2/M1/M2/Steph, for example, to put the arms up one had to leave the collars alone and just use the shldrs or Bad Things happened. With V3/M3, and then even more with S3/D3 one had to learn to split rotations between collar and shldr.

Anyway, bottom line is that some of us (like me) have a LOT of V1/V2/Steph and M1/M2 poses still in our runtimes, and I still sometimes want them. They do NOT apply well to gen 3 figures, or gen 4 figures, or Genesis without conversion, especially as the body parts do not correspond 1 to 1. I batch processed quite a few to both gen 3 and gen 4 with Puppet Master Biped. But it always remains that a single conversion is better than a chain, so converting straight to Genesis (which I can't use Puppet Master Biped for, as it won't work in a Poser above 8, which won't load Genesis) would be better than using PoseMaster to convert gen3 or 4 conversions.

Actually, I have belatedly realised that you have only one thing missing, You have listed the original Stephanie, and as explained above Stephanie uses the same rig as Victoria 1 and Victoria 2, so your Stephanie files are also the right files for V1 and V2 - you should perhaps just ammend the descriptions and file names to reflect that they are the Victoria 1/Victoria 2/Stephanie files, not just the Stephanie files.

But you are definitely missing Michael 1/Michael 2 (remembering that's just one conversions set as Michael 1 and 2 are the same figure and take the same poses - the only difference is that Michael 2 has body and head morphs that the otherwise identical Michael 1 does not).

To me, if you are going to say on the product page that the files in the product 'enable poses to be transferred between all the DAZ human figures including generation 2, generation 3, generation 4 and Genesis' (my emphasis), then you need to declare that Victoria 2 (and therefore V1) is covered through the Stephanie files, and you do need to include files for Michael 2 (and therefore Michael 1).

• scal.64.psscal.64.ps Posts: 140
    edited December 1969

Hi,

Just bought the Pose Master and it's recent extension yesterday and started to "noob" with it by transfering some V4 poses to my genesis characters.

It's really usefull and acurate, now most of V4 poses work perfectly with Gen, maybe need to check a little more on the foot area but only tried it a few minutes.

Now, i will enjoy the next 4 days (vacation) to discover more of its capabilities and increase my skills with it

Big thanks for you, Cridgit

edited May 2022

Redacted

edited May 2022

Redacted

edited December 1969

Hey cridgit - Do you know if your update ever made it into the store? I've been holding off on doing some stuff until that automated/batch processing got worked out. But will re-download once that's available. Or do you know what version number we would see if we have the updated copy?

Thanks. And can't wait till that animal pack comes out. (Actually, I can and will wait. Just letting you know I'm excited to see it. (Especially that Charger to Millennium horse and vice versa if you get inspired :)

edited May 2022

Redacted

edited May 2022

Redacted

edited December 1969

Hi cridgit -

I've posted on the thread you linked to up above this post
    http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/11229/

As described there, I can't get Posemaster 1.5 functioning after several attempts.
    Tried to send a private message, but I don't think it went through, and the system won't let me send it again.

Hope you're monitoring this thread, because I'm dying to get started with PoseMaster's new and improved Batch function!

Thanks

edited May 2022

Redacted

edited December 1969

Hey Cridgit -

Just went through the steps you outlined, but I'm still getting an Error "Failed to load script file" when I try to run the test script (or the initializer which I tried afterward to see if that would make a difference)

Don't know if it would matter, but I never removed the custom menu items for posemaster tha I'd added after the first install. Don't know if that could mess things up in any way

So, what should I try next?

Thanks

edited May 2022

Redacted