Can get fixed V4 shoes on Genesis if this option is available?

2»

Comments

• niccipbniccipb Posts: 483
    edited December 1969

Hi gilikshe...

3,4 & 5 turned out very nice... great work :-)

Yes, that big toe does get in the way sometimes.

Which version of 4.5 are you using? In the last two versions, .137 beta and the new 4.5.1.6, you can use alot less smoothing to get good results, and it calculates alot faster.

Keep up the good work

nicci... :)

• Takeo.KenseiTakeo.Kensei Posts: 1,303
    edited December 1969

Nice one gilikshe

I never go over 5 smoothing iterations, which explains why I never get what you have

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,146
    edited December 1969

gilikshe said:
    niccipb said:
    Hi gilikshe...

Those boots turned out very nice...

That is indeed very odd that there is only a single face group. The Figure Setup pane should read all of the face groups that are defined in the original .obj and should not affect them in the created figure.

If you used the Transfer Utility to transfer the weight maps, this to should not affect the face groups.

There were bugs in 4.5 with the Figure Setup tools that could cause a crash when adding geometry to the skeleton and some in the Transfer Utility that had to do with projection, but I don't know if that has anything to do with this though as I haven't had that or what you encountered happen.

Let us (me) know how your other conversions go...

I haven't others "single face group" shoes for now, then I only work with a "multiple face groups" shoes. In general, conversion was successful, so, my previous guess is not true, then face groups doesn't influence conversion performance.

These are Leopard shoes (http://www.daz3d.com/shop/leopard-shoes/) for V4. First and second are autofit. Third is corvesion fit to genesis. Fourth and fifth are genesis shapes, chibi girl and V3 respectively, they need 20 smoothing iteration and 5 collisions to repair destructive big toe effect.

Hi gilikshe,

Those conversions turned out very very good. Can you give an outline or point me to the page with the outline on how to transfer high heeled boots over to Genesis? I have a couple of pairs that are pretty cool and they look like $hit when I'm done. Some look pretty good when getting a little TLC in ZBrush but some just don't regardless of what I try. Thanks so much!

• JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,252
    edited December 1969

Where have they moved the smoothing iterations in 4.5? I can't find them in the parameters tab any more. They certainly aren't where they were in 4.0.

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,146
    edited December 1969

It's where it's always been. See below... :-)

SmoothingModifier.jpg
    671 x 533 - 93K
  • martinez.zora77@gmail.com[email protected] Posts: 1,345
    edited December 1969

niccipb said:
    Hi gilikshe...

3,4 & 5 turned out very nice... great work :-)

Yes, that big toe does get in the way sometimes.

Which version of 4.5 are you using? In the last two versions, .137 beta and the new 4.5.1.6, you can use alot less smoothing to get good results, and it calculates alot faster.

Keep up the good work

Thanks.
    DS4 4.5.0.114 yet. But better smoothing is a good reason to update.

List of shoes to convert is long. I continue wish that zev or ram achieve a more practical solution.

edited December 1969

Nice one gilikshe

I never go over 5 smoothing iterations, which explains why I never get what you have

20 iterations is a low value for some extreme shapes. In this boot 45 iterations or 60 are the ideal, but this literally "unglue" the shoe.

• SickleYieldSickleYield Posts: 7,629
    edited December 1969

Again, very nice results. :)

edited October 2012

gilikshe said:
    Nice one gilikshe

20 iterations is a low value for some extreme shapes. In this boot 45 iterations or 60 are the ideal, but this literally "unglue" the shoe.

I prefer to keep smoothing as low as possible. It's OK if you have only one character in the scene but for bigger scenes that could be a problem if you have many cloth on many characters with smoothing as it is CPU bound.

I did a test. Took some heel boots and rerigged them. It took me 20 min

Then I took the original shoes and transfered to Genesis with CCT with boot templates. The result is not as good. and even with the smoothing modifier, on the base Genesis shape I need more than 60 iterations to get a result that is not quite comparable to the rerig of the shoe. On the shoe I took I also get a mesh distortion while smoothing, which is a bad side effect (no luck I guess). Side note I use the latest DS4.5

When rerigging I only need 2 iterations on smoothing when applying an extreme shape. So the rerigging is the best solution so far because of the mesh distortion. The smoothing modifier is a good quick solution if the mesh distortion can be hidden with a good posing

Fig 1 : Shoe rerigged to Genesis
    Fig 2 : Shoe transfered to Genesis with CCT without smoothing
    Fig 3 : Shoe with 60 iterations
    Fig 4 : Shoe rerigged to Genesis with extreme morph
    Fig 5 : Shoe rerigged to Genesis with extreme morph and smoothing iteration 2

fig5.PNG
    443 x 524 - 81K
    fig4.PNG
    455 x 515 - 80K
    fig3.PNG
    547 x 533 - 87K
    fig2.PNG
    552 x 548 - 88K
    GenesisBase.PNG
    695 x 554 - 87K
    Post edited by Takeo.Kensei on
    edited December 1969

Last picture.

The transfered shoe on the extreme shape with 60 iterations

fig6.PNG
    457 x 480 - 74K
    edited October 2012

RAMWolff said:

Hi gilikshe,

Those conversions turned out very very good. Can you give an outline or point me to the page with the outline on how to transfer high heeled boots over to Genesis? I have a couple of pairs that are pretty cool and they look like $hit when I'm done. Some look pretty good when getting a little TLC in ZBrush but some just don't regardless of what I try. Thanks so much!

Thanks, RAM
    It's a new version from I posted in DAZ Studio discusion section.

Part I: Matching shoes with genesis
    (inspired by http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/6629/ )

1.- Load original G3/G4 figure and load genesis.

2.- Shape Genesis to G3/G4 figure. Pose G3/G4 figure as Genesis. Leg, foot an toe very closed. The rest doesn't matter.
    (Save the scene for future use). It is enough pose a side, you obtain another by simmetry. (right click in parameters tab --> simmetry--> propagation recursive)

3.- Load the original shoe, “Fit to” G3/G4 figure. If there is a pose to G3/G4 figure foot apply it, else you must to pose G3/G4 figure foot until to achieve a position that not deform the shoe. (save this pose for future use).

4.- Pose genesis foot and toes (only foot and toes) until achieve heeled G3/G4 figure pose. It must look like shoe match with shaped genesis, although it still is fited to G3/G4 figure. (save genesis' pose for future use)

Note: In english heel(tacón) is also used for heel (talón) (I don't find another word to distinguish them in web traslators). Tacón is the heel in the shoe, talón is the heel in people's foot.

5.- Return genesis to basic shape. Now, foot in genesis and foot in figure don't match. Move foot and toes in G3/G4 figure until achieve the most aproximate match with unshaped genesis. Worry only in heel(talón) match, and direction of rotation match.

Shape and unshaped, pose and re-pose, look like too much tedious or unnecesary, but without this I was unable to achieve talón(heel) and rotation match. People more skilful shall solve this in more practical way.

Part II: Obtain appropriate obj and rig it.

I had problems with hexagon in this part. This override groups in the shoes when I erase left shoe for work only with right shoe, in case where shoes aren't separate. I need more experiments.

1.- If you have a paired shoes, turn invisible left shoes (and others figures). Export right shoe as obj. Import object shoe, rescale/rotate shoe until fit very well with genesis foot and cover all toes if it is possible. Export again. (copy from http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/6629/ )

For rescale, paired shoes are problematic, the "divorced" shoe conserve the center of original paired mesh, rescale become a torture. In hexagon erasing left shoe fix the center in right shoe...but override face group in the shoe. If somebody know how avoid it, tell me please.

2.- Follow the niccipb’s tutorial since page 6. This is very good, very detailed. Sorry niccipb, but I must say it again: this is very good!!

Rigging Conforming High Heels for Genesis by niccipb: http://forumarchive.daz3d.com/viewtopic.php?p=3406520

Warning!!: Before you save your shoe, select shoe, in tool settings tap, polygon group editor tool, in surfaces, cut the extra name attached to original surface name. I don't know why this happen. Again, if somebody know how avoid it, tell me please. (See image, for example, original is Button1, leoR is the name of object shoe, so export-import or other thing change it to Button1_leoR).

3.- Repite all for left shoe. If somebody know how obtain a simmetric shoe in hexagon...tell me please, (face group names can be change right to left in DS after) Until now, I have a little collection of right shoes :). I must repeat all rescale procedure in step II.1 (easy) and copy rotation being careful with signs (easy too, but...what's a bother)

4.- Load your finalized shoes, and fit to genesis. Use pose saved in I.4. Some shapes required smoot modifier. I obtained good results with 4 iterations, but some cases need 20 or 40 iterations, combined with 5 or 10 collision iterations. Also I add a push modifier with a value of 0.1 or 0.05.

Warning!!!: high values of smooth modifier destroy geometry (increase collision aid a little)

surface.png
    594 x 413 - 35K
    Post edited by [email protected] on
  • JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,252
    edited December 1969

RAMWolff said:
    It's where it's always been. See below... :-)

I never saw it there. I used to see a dial for it in the parameters tab.

edited December 1969

I prefer to keep smoothing as low as possible. It's OK if you have only one character in the scene but for bigger scenes that could be a problem if you have many cloth on many characters with smoothing as it is CPU bound.

With my home computer two or more dressed figure kill my cpu. Smoothing is a big problem to me. I only can try with one figure with few pieces of clothes, without background nor objets. Office computer is another thing: Win64, intel i7 and 8Gb, but I need move content to it, to experiment its robustness.

I did a test. Took some heel boots and rerigged them. It took me 20 min

Then I took the original shoes and transfered to Genesis with CCT with boot templates. The result is not as good. and even with the smoothing modifier.

When rerigging I only need 2 iterations on smoothing when applying an extreme shape. So the rerigging is the best solution so far because of the mesh distortion. The smoothing modifier is a good quick solution if the mesh distortion can be hidden with a good posing

Direct pass by boot template is a killer. Rescaling and rotating before works.

• diegolopezmatadiegolopezmata Posts: 6
    edited December 1969

for closed shoes and boots (only Works if each shoe is an independent figure) load left an rigth shoes figures for v4, load genesis, load v4 shape into genesis, load figure shoes, set the dials of genesis tighs 3.5 and -3.5 to fit shoes, parent each shoes figures to left or righth sin or foot depending if its a shoe or boot, turn visivility off to génesis toes an if necessary to foots, pose the shoe instead of génesis foot, to other shapes you may need to scale but Works pretty good with 0 deformations, there you go, v4 or m4 or any other suported shape to génesis!