Just Because I Can. STUPID THREAD IV ♥♡♥♡♥ stooopiddittty!

Comments

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,686
    edited December 1969

AtticAnne said:
    How about a contest, but have a dollar entry fee and a ten dollar gc for the winner(s)?

If more than 10 people enter, does DAZ take a cut?

I said winner(s) as in there may be more than one winner depending on how many people enter. More people enter, there can be more winners.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

I somehow don't think DAZ 3D would go for it, in all honesty. We have never had a contest like that, in all the 9 years the forum has been live.

edited December 1969

chohole said:
    I somehow don't think DAZ 3D would go for it, in all honesty. We have never had a contest like that, in all the 9 years the forum has been live.

Okay stupid idea then. Oops.

Okay are the mods actually upset with me? or am I on their bad list? Just wondering?

• TJohnTJohn Posts: 11,008
    edited December 1969

@Cho
    Ah yes, the Bryce Forum. My first introduction to online insanity, and suddenly I knew I was not alone.
    I haven't done much Brycing lately, as I'm finding it too hard to export textures on figures from D/S. But Bryce is such a versatile renderer, I hope someday that Bryce will be able to import entire Daz Studio scenes flawlessly. Hey, it could happen...Daz3D owns them both. And I couldn't have built things like this without Bryce.

file_1163153.jpg
    1024 x 768 - 287K
    edited December 1969

I think Richard does not like me.

edited December 1969

chohole said:

Okay are the mods actually upset with me? or am I on their bad list? Just wondering?

Whatever gave you that idea. Ask Wendy what happens when the Mods get upset with a person. :roll:

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,718
    edited December 1969

Hmm?

Actually someone did try running a contest like that once and we had to block it - it's a sweepstake, and those are absolutely verboten in Utah so we can't allow them aside from any practical difficulties.

edited October 2012

tjohn said:
    @Cho
    Ah yes, the Bryce Forum. My first introduction to online insanity, and suddenly I knew I was not alone.
    I haven't done much Brycing lately, as I'm finding it too hard to export textures on figures from D/S. But Bryce is such a versatile renderer, I hope someday that Bryce will be able to import entire Daz Studio scenes flawlessly. Hey, it could happen...Daz3D owns them both. And I couldn't have built things like this without Bryce.

Oh yes I remember that. It's a shame the backroom is unusable over there, used to be fun trawling through all the old Challenge entries.

BTW David Brinnen says that the bridge is working much better in DS 4.5, and he says he is the pits when it comes to using DS.
    Post edited by Chohole on
    edited December 1969

chohole said:
    chohole said:

Whatever gave you that idea. Ask Wendy what happens when the Mods get upset with a person. :roll:

I sometimes think that people are mad at me and I am not sure if they really are mad at me or that I just think they are.

edited December 1969

I think Richard does not like me.

I think everyone likes you, MBW, I know I do. You are probably giving the Admins and Mods a lot less grief than most everyone in the Forums.
    And you can't take anything Richard says personally, he hates everybody (just kidding, Richard). :)
    Don't worry, the Admins and Mods are our friends, they won't bite. Well most of them won't anyway. (looks suspiciously at Cho) :lol:
    edited December 1969

chohole said:

BTW David Brinnen says that the bridge is working much better in DS 4.5, and he says he is the pits when it comes to using DS.

Good to know. I'm upgrading as soon as I can get my content backed up and start downloading all the updated files I'll need. Looks like a lot of heavy lifting ahead. :)
    edited December 1969

Cho doesn't bite, she whacks people with her club. Cho is semi vegetarian mostly, meat has to be well cooked. :coolgrin:

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,795
    edited December 1969

chohole said:
    chohole said:

there is a reason I stuck Forum Troll above my avatar!
    I upset enough people in real life to worry about a few people mostly on the otherside of the planet online I will never meet!

edited December 1969

chohole said:
    Cho doesn't bite, she whacks people with her club. Cho is semi vegetarian mostly, meat has to be well cooked. :coolgrin:

I think the club is being used as a tenderizer. And after you use it, one's goose will be cooked, so to speak. :)
    edited October 2012

Wendy I do have a cousin in law who lives in NSW though. :coolgrin:

Post edited by Chohole on
    edited December 1969

tjohn, I love that mousetrap!! tried doing something in Carrara on my craptop using bullet physics with prop help from Andy, must try again now on my desktop.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SKNLTEhnq2A

edited December 1969

tjohn, I love that mousetrap!! tried doing something in Carrara on my craptop using bullet physics with prop help from Andy, must try again now on my desktop.

Loved the video and the comment from one of your fans:
    "this is EXACTLY how I remember the game"
  • SpyroRueSpyroRue Posts: 5,020
    edited December 1969

*hitting my head against a brick wall* why do people think its appropriate to shout "help" in the street for no reason at all? Are people just stupid or am I insane cos I don't walk down the street shouting help? I need an office job. Security has too many things we morally required to do. I just found a car stopped on the road, so being a responsible officer I checked it out... Driver was in tears and the passenger calming her down. Likely some man trouble... Fortunately no obligations there other than suggesting the car be moved off the road. Anyways now I rambling so what was a stupid post has became a mumble of thoughts. Why I get so tired at work and wide awake at my pc is beyond me. I want to go to bed.

edited December 1969

I shall watch when I get home. My last download limit was exceeded on my phone last month. They tripled my cap plan! So I too scared to open videos on phone. Also I read the comments on the member choice and why u no post there. It's sad, don't ppl have a sense of humor.

edited December 1969

as I said, highbrow art %-P I myself have always gone for the satirical stuff.
    when I drew pictures they were absurd too with weird clothing etc
    yes I got a $300 phone bill because I accidently once browsed on my smartphone, my tablet has a 10gig limit and I get emails on it from Optus as it nears, I used to have unlimited Youtube, myspace and Facebook on my phone before I got the tablet but cancelled it as too tiny now.

edited December 1969

am running boring Poser7 cloth sims I cannot save at the moment.
    I cannot save them as on a rigged clothing Figure item so when I finish, I have to render, works nicely though almost like Optitex cloth in Daz studio.
    did the Nun's hip (the skirt) now doing one sleeve hand (right) will do left next then maybe part of the cowl.
    with props I can run the dyntomorph script save pz3 and render in Carrara but will not work on a figure.
    I pick specific body parts for collision in each sim, like thighs legs shins for skirt, hand and fingers for sleeve etc.

• Norse GraphicsNorse Graphics Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

chohole said:
    chohole said:

I sometimes think that people are mad at me and I am not sure if they really are mad at me or that I just think they are.

It's all in your head. I don't think the mods are upset with you.

• Norse GraphicsNorse Graphics Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

chohole said:
    chohole said:

there is a reason I stuck Forum Troll above my avatar!
    I upset enough people in real life to worry about a few people mostly on the otherside of the planet online I will never meet!

You need a bridge, Wendy. Most trolls lives under a bridge.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=troll

edited December 1969

like the red hot chilli peppers song?

edited December 1969

am running boring Poser7 cloth sims I cannot save at the moment.
    I cannot save them as on a rigged clothing Figure item so when I finish, I have to render, works nicely though almost like Optitex cloth in Daz studio.
    did the Nun's hip (the skirt) now doing one sleeve hand (right) will do left next then maybe part of the cowl.
    with props I can run the dyntomorph script save pz3 and render in Carrara but will not work on a figure.
    I pick specific body parts for collision in each sim, like thighs legs shins for skirt, hand and fingers for sleeve etc.

That's cool so your converting the outfit to dynamic wear? That's cool. I always thought the clothing had to be made of planes with no thickness so it could be dynamic. (The main issue I have with dynamic clothes is they are paper thin! To me it not all as realistic as it could be. Also I hate the figure scale issue! After much trialling I sticking to static)

Also Wendy have you tried out that 3d app called XNAlara lots of game characters for it. I brought this up because I was amazed at how well the some of the game character costumes are rigged to simulate dynamics. Example is a Jedi character I toyed with from ps3 and his tunic (loincloth) was set up with like ten pivot points which you could animate dynamic properties. Amazing the world of 3d gaming. Would love to make an outfit so friendly as the Jedi model!

edited December 1969

I downloaded a heap of XNALana files but do not know how to run it.
    did I ever mention MikuMikudance too!
    I have a lot of stuff floating around on my drives!!
    there is also Anim8tor, Zmodeller, and God knows what else I have stashed somewhere.

• David BrinnenDavid Brinnen Posts: 3,136
    edited December 1969

chohole said:
    tjohn said:
    @Cho

Oh yes I remember that. It's a shame the backroom is unusable over there, used to be fun trawling through all the old Challenge entries.

Aye, I own up to that, Getting a Little Green Man from DAZ Studio to Bryce - a 10 minute tutorial by David Brinnen recorded so you can all admire my DS incompetence.

Also, agreed, Bryce would make an excellent high end render solution for DS scenes. And so very nearly there already...

edited December 1969

Aha, now that's a first, I've lured David into the stupid thread.

Welcome to the fun. :coolsmile:

but be warned, stupidity can be catching. Some of us spend far too much time in this thread. :roll:

• David BrinnenDavid Brinnen Posts: 3,136
    edited December 1969

chohole said:
    Aha, now that's a first, I've lured David into the stupid thread.

Welcome to the fun. :coolsmile:

but be warned, stupidity can be catching. Some of us spend far too much time in this thread. :roll:

Are you really trying to tell me that the threads I've been in before are the sensible ones? Really? You can say that Pam, and keep a straight face? OK...

edited December 1969

I downloaded a heap of XNALana files but do not know how to run it.
    did I ever mention MikuMikudance too!
    I have a lot of stuff floating around on my drives!!
    there is also Anim8tor, Zmodeller, and God knows what else I have stashed somewhere.

No I haven't used them yet. Originally I intended to play with rendering game characters but I later decided I preferred making my own (using gen 4 and genesis of course) but I now just love to study characters from games on XNAlara amazing to see how they're made up close, the rigging, the textures Really cool to see them through the sequels of games and how they've been improved. The multiple pivots on the clothing just wowed me since to make clothing so dynamic in appearance in Daz you either use dynamics or create 100s of morphs

This discussion has been closed.