Animation, sort of. Daz Studio

StevieDStevieD Posts: 103
edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

Amongst other things, I am currently trying to animate a guitar player. The intricacies are obvious. I have no problem making chords or motion in general, but one thing I can't figure out is this.
I have the guitar with a strap. The strap is sectioned off to quite a few sections. So it can be flexible. I got it to wrap around the figure and looks good stagnant but as you can imagine, animating seems like "it gonna be a whole lotta trouble".
I have the strap parented to the guitar. My brain tells me that I should be able to pin the two ends to the guitar (but with the parenting it isn't really needed). Maybe parenting is not what I should do, though. I'm thinking, I would like to pin each end to the guitar and pin a section, or two, or three to the back of the guitar player. I also assume (or hoped) that if IK is enabled, when the guitar is moved, the ends will remain connected and the pins connected to the back of the guitar player will stay there as well, so that the sections not pinned will move loosely up and down with the guitar.. Am I dreaming?????
Of course this is not at all what happens. If IK is turned on, the strap goes completely nutz. If IK is off, the strap just moves in shape with the guitar. The pins do absolutely nothing. When you pin something, what does it pin to, 3d space?? Am I on the right track or am I missing something?

What I'm trying for is to just have the ends of the strap to follow the guitar a bit and have the strap remain in place more or less on the back. I know I'm still going to have to adjust it but, well you know... If you can think of a different way to do this. I'm listening

Thank You
Steve..

Comments

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,800
    edited December 1969

Optitex have some pinnable dynamic cloth and a loop prop, maybe those are what you need?
    I dunno, as I would just use Carrara and bone the blighter! using track modifiers and target helpers.

• StevieDStevieD Posts: 103
    edited December 1969

would just use Carrara and bone the blighter! using track modifiers and target helpers.

Yea,, I don't know what these are. I'm having enough problems just getting into DAZ.. I'm pretty happy but I don't know enough. I'm starting off with a complicated project and I don't know enough to do it, yet. I'm coming from film where things have to look good and that's what I'm shooting for. My standards are really high.

Optitex is on my wish list and I really want to look into it, but to tell you the truth, I have purchased so many things, half I haven't even tried out yet, plus I haven't even learned all the basics of DS yet either.

Thanks
    Steve

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,800
    edited October 2012

the loops are free (it is sort of a paper chain)
    it should work with the free version of the dynamic clothing control that comes with DS but one would have to have them loop into something each end attached to the guitar and set collisions with the appropriate bits.
    here is the link, cannot guarentee it will work!

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
  • StevieDStevieD Posts: 103
    edited December 1969

Thanks, I'll look into it.

Steve