The Silly Video Topic (NUDITY,BAD LANGUAGE, LOW LEVEL COARSE LANGUAGE, pg ADVISED)

HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,922
edited October 2012 in Carrara Discussion

apologies I was asking about Genesis and realised I should look formyself

but Wendy posted a crackup video so I changed the topic title

see next post :)

Post edited by Headwax on

Comments

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,792
    edited December 1969

invisible thread!!! woooeeeee!!!!!
    aw Andrew Finnie killjoy, I wanna play runnaway thread!!!!!!!!!!!
    watch this silly vid I did for the platynumbclub members choice!!

• HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,922
    edited December 1969

Heh I was asking questions about Genesis and the new exporter to see if I could get genesis into car 8.1 via a poser file

but it all seemed so pointless I decided not to bother :)

I think it is running a daz studio emulator within poser so ..... I guess I could run a poser emulator within carrara that was in turn running a studio poser within it, of course all enveloped by a mac emulator within windows :)

friggen cold here

edited October 2012

hHHAHAHAHAHAHA! i JUST WATCHED THAT vido of yours Wendy IT;S GREAT! HEH you got the squabbling down pat :) heh, I think I am going to add you to the Julia Guillard hall of fame :) as soon as eh gets her hands out of Tony Abbots budgie smugglers
    what a sick puppy you arein the best sense

okay here's my first entry in the silly video contest

Crying Ants

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XOHlCIxIRrw

your turn :)

edited October 2012

just happened to have that one handy in my clipboard after posting in the members choice thead.
    always a worry what is in my clipboard!!
    you want silly?
    "liked" the ants!

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
    edited December 1969

head wax said:
    Heh I was asking questions about Genesis and the new exporter to see if I could get genesis into car 8.1 via a poser file

but it all seemed so pointless I decided not to bother :)

I think it is running a daz studio emulator within poser so ..... I guess I could run a poser emulator within carrara that was in turn running a studio poser within it, of course all enveloped by a mac emulator within windows :)

friggen cold here

been in the WINE thread again?
    edited December 1969

haha that was last night
    here's one from me, a sill;y walk,
    the k night's who say knee
    from memory I modelled all the knightsarmour and samurai stuff - dunno why when I can buy it for 1.99 :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xz3K1gVZUME

oh there is sought of nudity

edited December 1969

scary

edited December 1969

I am trying to use softbody modifier on rigged clothes, does not appear to do much but is a slight difference, making the figure physics instead of keyframed and using the modifier on the model, still rigged so not flying off but not exactly draping either.

edited December 1969

soon gave up
    opened Poser7 up instead, I know softbody (cloth) works there!
    will render in Carrara

edited December 1969

good, it's your turn to post a silly video :)
    I gave up doing animations - I'm impressed you have so much patience
    that knight one, I should have just childed each piece of armour to a bone instead of weight mapping them
    still it was 2009 and my first go at BVH i think,

edited December 1969

I have over 500 silly videos if you click the do not click in my sigline, how do I choose?

edited December 1969

heh, just give us one at a time :)

edited December 1969

well I have grossed everyone out in the Members choice thread with my art, some were LESS than impressed (bad taste not in the TOS)
    so might as well hang out here!
    my talk like a pirate day video

• RoygeeRoygee Posts: 2,247
    edited December 1969

You want silly? Turn up the volume and try find the hidden message:-)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOGzVL6sDRY

edited December 1969

hahaha I am cacking myself here :) Wendy oh I just saw your FRench Impressionista bar-room chick. You should be a stand up comic!

Roy, you sure you and Wendy aren't related - actually your time video turned out much better than mine!

thanks for making me laugh both of you.
    I can see a TV series coming out of this.

Are you okay BOb? :)

edited October 2012

here's my next entry, this was a hashup of animations from 2006 - 2009 -
    they were my early attempts at modelling (not modelling like cindy crawford)
    contains pole dancing so PG guidance

it was for a band who wrote and asked for a music vid

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RLo5wfsNaEg&feature=autoplay&list=UL2v6ASgpdwwk&playnext=1

I complained about the end of the mps dieingand I think they were paying me out when they said they would rerecord it just for me (see first comment on vid)

edited December 1969

lol! read comment, they are punk and those songs often end abruptly, I heard enough of my brother's Black flag and Dead Kennedys records to know this.

edited October 2012

Yeah, those were real fun days for me:)

Must do some more silliness - things have gotten far too serious.

Wendy and I are related at many levels - and she doesn't even know it;-)

PS - Just now had a chance to look at your video - I recognize so many of the characters from those days - great stuff.

Post edited by Roygee on
    edited December 1969

Heh, yes it was good fun :)
    Sick, but nice.
    ! A good community.
    So what else do you have?

:)

edited December 1969

Hah - this is the last anim I've done in Carrara, a year ago. The silliness was to see just how much abuse my ancient single-core machine could take. Folk were complaining about memory leaks, memory allocation errors, crashes. So i threw the whole lot at it - caustics, high settings, fur, AO, the lot. Took about a month of all-nighters - about 20 minutes per frame, but it came through with flying colours - not a single crash.

Won't be doing any more character anims in Carrara until they change the dotted line bones to solids, get the bones selections to stick, sort out Puppeteer and get real-time playback - which probably means never.

I've been concentrating on modelling and learning Blender - the way of the future for hobbyists, unfortunately - although studio is looking better and better for character anims.

Cheers

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f0iIn5Etk0A

edited December 1969

Heh heh, you know Roy, that isn't bad at all, I love how the story develops and the cool twist at the end, now t hat made me laugh.
    The splash is pretty good, did you use metaballs?
    the splash when the fish enters the bowl works really well too.

edited December 1969

Thanks - the splash was made with metaballs emitted from three concentric circular planes - took the longest to set up and render. I was trying for a coroner effect, but had to settle for that. Pretty chuffed with the result, though:)

edited October 2012

if you want realtime Roygee, iClone might suit, no vertex animation so no morph based movement but all Carrara boning imports.
    CyBorgTy has done some great stuff using Carrara rigged selfmade models animated in iClone.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d55xyOPtAqs

edited December 1969

Hi Wendy:)

Yes, I've been eyeing it since you've been showing the success you are getting with it - maybe one day when the Lotto smiles on me!

Daz Studio also gives real-time playback, but the render times for anims are beyond even my patience. Got the latest Studio update today and .duf is working a lot better for me - even clothed figures - just not Optitex, that still gives me I/O error. In fact, anything baked to the timeline does that - including Aniblocks.

Something that really puzzles me is that Daz has Carrara, which has a great UI, pretty good timeline editing and a render engine that can handle anims well, yet they keep it's crappy rigging system and put all the good anim stuff in Studio, which has an entry-level clunky UI, a timeline not worth mentioning and a render engine better suited to stills.

edited December 1969

ahh ha me hearties!
    thanks for the heads up on the splash Roygee.

in that pirate video, how do you reckon he did the water waves at the begiing where they are lapping the island?

here is another silly video - it's quite sad in a way - especially if you are poser figure...
    it uses Carrara physics for everything xcept the camera movement

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ptgGzGQjgEE&feature=plcp

edited December 1969

the first part is iClone water though the island was obviously rendered in Carrara, it looks like he did some compositing.

edited December 1969

here is another silly video - it’s quite sad in a way - especially if you are poser figure…

I see he made it for our Alma Mater - don't think that's still going?

edited October 2012

thanks Wendy ... :)

Ahh yes I made it for animanon,
    I think it's a subscription service now, aimed back at anim8or.
    Not sure what Kreator is doing... bit sad about how strong the anim8or community was and now isn't
    comes with dilution I think
    he's making some great models and posting WIP's o n Steve's site though.
    lot of Carrara rendering, some anim8or rendering.

cheers !

edited December 1969

That was you? :-)

Just been to the site to try and find out why Steve stopped developing Anim8or - what great potential it had, so sad that it seems to be dead.

edited December 2012

????