MFD Genesis that comes with the V4 MFD Unimesh Fits Needs to be DSON Updated [submitted ticket - DON

andolaurinaandolaurina Posts: 667
edited October 2012 in The Commons

If you bought the V4 MFD Unimesh fits, the MFD Genesis is included; however, that installer has not been updated to be DSON compatible (even though the Genesis MFD stand-alone product was updated).

Would somebody at DAZ please update this installer & let us know so we can redownload it?

Thanks! :)

Post edited by andolaurina on

Comments

• MattymanxMattymanx Posts: 6,879
    edited October 2012

If you bought the V4 MFD Unimesh fits, the MFD Genesis is included; however, that installer has not been updated to be DSON compatible (even though the Genesis MFD stand-alone product was updated).

Would somebody at DAZ please update this installer & let us know so we can redownload it?

File a request here - https://bugs.daz3d.com - under content so they can track it. Though I am sure its already on their list of things to do

At the same time, if you install the latest version of DS45 which is now 4.5.1.6 you will be able to make the poser required files for the DSON importer

Post edited by Mattymanx on
  • RCTSpankyRCTSpanky Posts: 850
    edited December 1969

Mattymanx said:

File a request here - https://bugs.daz3d.com - under content so they can track it. Though I am sure its already on their list of things to do

At the same time, if you install the latest version of DS45 which is now 4.5.1.6 you will be able to make the poser required files for the DSON importer

Some things need a while to be updated ... I wait for ages for an update for Genesis of a dress called "Galadriel" :)

• andolaurinaandolaurina Posts: 667
    edited December 1969

Mattymanx said:

Some things need a while to be updated ... I wait for ages for an update for Genesis of a dress called "Galadriel" :)

LOL! Hey, here's hoping I can update Galadriel dress now that this whole DSON thing is in play.

Does anyone have a rigging tutorial for rigging Genesis clothing for DSON? I do have DS4Pro installed.

• zoom_inzoom_in Posts: 6
    edited October 2012

Mattymanx said:

LOL! Hey, here's hoping I can update Galadriel dress now that this whole DSON thing is in play.

Does anyone have a rigging tutorial for rigging Genesis clothing for DSON? I do have DS4Pro installed.

That's a great question,,,I tried DSON, it's cool but it's made for Genesis Starter Bundle only for now (I talk about what was is FREE),

Weill need updated old content like in here:
    http://www.daz3d.com/shop/dson-all?p=1

& Yes, tutorials required for merchants to make work of DAZ compatible with DSON

Post edited by zoom_in on
  • PendraiaPendraia Posts: 3,591
    edited December 1969

Mattymanx said:

There are tutorials for creating content for genesis. The basic rigging is done through the transfer utility...and then can be altered to suit what you need.

Blondie has a rigging tutorial, there is also a thread from sickle yield as well as some documentation in the docs area.

Hope this is useful...

edited December 1969

Mattymanx said:

Thanks, I filed a bug.

OK, could you dumb that down for a Poser user? ;-) How do I use DS45 to save a file for DSON?

I'm assuming that I load Genesis in DS45.
    Apply the morph (eg A3)
    Load the clothes.
    The morphs will automatically transfer??
    Then how to do I save the file for DSON??

(sorry...I'm a D|S newb...but I know a lot about Poser if anyone has questions! :p)

edited December 1969

Pendraia said:
    Mattymanx said:

There are tutorials for creating content for genesis. The basic rigging is done through the transfer utility...and then can be altered to suit what you need.

Blondie has a rigging tutorial, there is also a thread from sickle yield as well as some documentation in the docs area.

Hope this is useful...

Are you talking about this rigging tutorial?
    http://www.daz3d.com/shop/rigging-original-figures-in-ds4-pro

I suppose I should say that I already know how to rig clothing for use in Poser/DAZ for the older figures. My question is about rigging clothing for Genesis specifically and for DSON support. Does her tutorial cover that? It didn't look like it but it's hard to tell.

Because I know zip-nada about DS4, this makes no sense to me: "The basic rigging is done through the transfer utility...and then can be altered to suit what you need." What transfer utility? Alter how?

Sorry for all the questions. Some of the nomenclature in DS is different than Poser.

edited December 1969

Pendraia said:
    Mattymanx said:

Hope this is useful...

I suppose I should say that I already know how to rig clothing for use in Poser/DAZ for the older figures. My question is about rigging clothing for Genesis specifically and for DSON support. Does her tutorial cover that? It didn't look like it but it's hard to tell.

Because I know zip-nada about DS4, this makes no sense to me: "The basic rigging is done through the transfer utility...and then can be altered to suit what you need." What transfer utility? Alter how?

Sorry for all the questions. Some of the nomenclature in DS is different than Poser.
    Okay I'm posting on an iPad so I won't be able to answer some of this until later. It is my understanding that Blondies tutorial is for weight mapped rigging. It is specifically aimed at figures but I would imagine that the principles for adding bones etc would be the same if not similar. I have bought it but can't double check until I'm on my desktop.

To rig clothing I basically open the transfer utility and then I choose the settings. If using the default genesis select default/ base and then choose the item you want to rig.

Click the box which shows the options so you can see all the settings.

You will also need to choose the template you wish to use...they have a range to choose from

You also need to choose what the item is for categorizing it eg wardrobe/follower...

I normally add a smoothing modifier also.

Hope this is all correct I may have gotten some of it wrong as its from memory as I'm doing this from the iPad.

It's very easy to set it up like this but you may want to edit some of the bones.

Or add additional ones...I'm still learning how to do this.

edited December 1969

Pendraia said:
    Pendraia said:
    Mattymanx said:

Hope this is useful...

Okay I'm posting on an iPad so I won't be able to answer some of this until later. It is my understanding that Blondies tutorial is for weight mapped rigging. It is specifically aimed at figures but I would imagine that the principles for adding bones etc would be the same if not similar. I have bought it but can't double check until I'm on my desktop.

To rig clothing I basically open the transfer utility and then I choose the settings. If using the default genesis select default/ base and then choose the item you want to rig.

Click the box which shows the options so you can see all the settings.

You will also need to choose the template you wish to use...they have a range to choose from

You also need to choose what the item is for categorizing it eg wardrobe/follower...

I normally add a smoothing modifier also.

Hope this is all correct I may have gotten some of it wrong as its from memory as I'm doing this from the iPad.

It's very easy to set it up like this but you may want to edit some of the bones.

Or add additional ones...I'm still learning how to do this.

Thanks for info, but Actually he asks about a tutorial for making cloth and ite,s from DAZ studio for compatibilty with DSON (using DAZ genesis products inside Poser 9 and pro 2012)
    http://www.daz3d.com/shop/dson-importer-for-poser/

We need help or refrence guide for this so we can make content for DS Genesis and also compatible with Poser

edited December 1969

Mattymanx said:

Hey I found this, I think it's rather helpful for Making DSON compatible products :)
    http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/software/dson_importer/poser/userguide/dson_content_conversion/tutorials/creating_dson_companion_files/start

edited October 2012

zoom_in said:
    with DSON (using DAZ genesis products inside Poser 9 and pro 2012)

We need help or refrence guide for this so we can make content for DS Genesis and also compatible with Poser

I thought they had also asked for information on how to rig clothes that they could then convert to DSON. I was posting early in the morning so I could be wrong and have misread it. .

After going back and rereading they do ask about rigging for genesis also...which is what I described.

Post edited by Pendraia on
    edited December 1969

Pendraia said:
    zoom_in said:
    with DSON (using DAZ genesis products inside Poser 9 and pro 2012)

I thought they had also asked for information on how to rig clothes that they could then convert to DSON. I was posting early in the morning so I could be wrong and have misread it. .

After going back and rereading they do ask about rigging for genesis also...which is what I described.

mmmm, it seems that it was a double requrst , generally I think we replied both the requests now (Rig tutorial and a link to DAZ help descripes making DSON content for Poser) ;)

edited December 1969

Yeah, I think the two of us were asking for two different things. Thanks for the help.

I did notice that when I load up V4 clothing n DS4.5Pro and try to get it to autofit to Genesis (to which I've applied the V4 shape), the dress seems to be completely mangled on one side and totally normal on the other side. There are bones on the dress. Is this something that you all run into fairly often? Is this easily fixable in DS?

I tried searching for this online and did find some DAZ forum posts but they didn't really answer how to fix it.

edited December 1969

Yeah, I think the two of us were asking for two different things. Thanks for the help.

I did notice that when I load up V4 clothing n DS4.5Pro and try to get it to autofit to Genesis (to which I've applied the V4 shape), the dress seems to be completely mangled on one side and totally normal on the other side. There are bones on the dress. Is this something that you all run into fairly often? Is this easily fixable in DS?

I tried searching for this online and did find some DAZ forum posts but they didn't really answer how to fix it.

You could try going to the scene tab, on the right hand side at the top is a small triangle, go to edit and apply the smoothing modifier.

This will put some additional options in the parameters tab...play with the different settings.

I personally find that I often change the smoothing modifier to generic, playing with the weight settings, lock distance, collision and smoothing iterations can all help.

I'm not sure though how well smoothing transfers to poser.

When I can't get that to do what I want I normally send it to Hex and create a morph. Doing this might be a better route as it should work with no problems in hexagon.

Hopefully we answered all questions between us... : )

cheers

Pen

edited October 2012

Just wanted to add...autofit doesn't transfer specialized bones over. You could add them back in using the joint editor tool though....

Post edited by Pendraia on
    edited December 1969

OK, that's helpful! Thanks, Pendraia.

edited December 1969

OK, that's helpful! Thanks, Pendraia.
    No problem, just glad I could help...: )