I,m New and Excided

canyonmanterrycanyonmanterry Posts: 0
edited September 2012 in Bryce Discussion

Reentering this post here. i goofed and put in the car contest. Inspiring at all the great works in this post. I,m still figuring my way around. I entered 2 more. I like your input. Thanks Terry :cheese: PS. added two versions of a new work. Mirrors and more mirrors. main area is rather small. the cloud on the upper sky is hiding a a 2D square with mirror surface

Post edited by canyonmanterry on

Comments

• bighbigh Posts: 8,147
    edited December 1969

good start

• Rashad CarterRashad Carter Posts: 1,799
    edited December 1969

You obviously have a fun sense of scene composition. The idea of a road always give me the feeling of an epic journey which is very nice. I like the way the trees are set up and the waterfall turned out quite nicely as well. I'm really excited to see what more you can come up with. Don't be afraid to follow your inspirations even if they don't result in viable results. Experience is what counts most with Bryce. Nice work!

• canyonmanterrycanyonmanterry Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I put these renders here. 1. the original blue "The Drop". 2. Greek to me" and 3. my Fishing hole. These are are still in the works. #2 I like to put a greek god Zeus and #3 I like to make a fishing pole?

fishingspot2_(800x404).jpg
    800 x 404 - 197K
    The_Drop2_(800x404).jpg
    800 x 404 - 219K
    Greek_to_me_(800x404).jpg
    800 x 404 - 201K
  • GussNemoGussNemo Posts: 1,855
    edited December 1969

@canyon: That third image is very good. Giving a view of the open water adds a good balance to the overall scene. As does the haze, which while obscuring tree details, still gives the view the idea they exist. Center piece, and clincher, is the boat in the middle of that water. It's the object that directs the viewers' eye into the entire scene. From that point you see the ripples, trees and open water. While a simple scene, it speaks volumes. That is a very nice image.

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,119
    edited December 1969

I agree with GussNemo. Though the last picture doesn't look as elaborate than the first two, it is the best from an artistic point of view. The waves look a bit square to me but the fine ring waves that emanate from the centre piece in the water are very well done.

edited December 1969

Thanks Any input is great. Just working on technices still. buy the way Jupiter was wonderfull last night.

edited December 1969

Thanks Any input is great. Just working on technices still. buy the way Jupiter was wonderfull last night.

Can't say - it was overcast.
    edited December 1969

Well I posted these on the Show me your Render page but added them here too. I,m upgrading my PC. A new build really. I can't afford the top of the line, I7 but i,m going with AMD.FX-8320 with an asus board. It,s a good bang for my bucks. will render better than my Phenom2x4 925 i have now. Also I downloaded Vue 10 Pioneer for free and trying it and really notice the issue I had with my current build.

MyOneRing_(800x404).jpg
    800 x 404 - 204K
    rings_of_color2_(800x404).jpg
    800 x 404 - 345K
    Ball_of_Color3_(800x404).jpg
    800 x 404 - 227K
    Impact_(800x404).jpg
    800 x 404 - 181K
    Exoplanet1_(800x404).jpg
    800 x 404 - 95K
  • GussNemoGussNemo Posts: 1,855
    edited December 1969

@canyon: Those are some very nice images. The affects of the fourth one are very, very nice. The fifth one seems to be moving, or I'm thinking it'd look good as an animation. Guess it reminds me of the Sorcerers Apprentice.

edited December 1969

Last one looks like underwater. My imagination is playing tricks on me, obviously.

edited November 2012

That "the Rings of Color" was done with Multi-rep and each time I used it I change the material. then scatted them about. the ring? ha I forgot the name I put on it with the swirls. I change the properties of the material to give it a deep look.was placed in a large torius. would love to change the color with the "True ambeint" to see the look. but more of Dave,s tuts ha! P.S. was an attempt of coping a work of Savage64 Blue ball but??

Post edited by canyonmanterry on