sales tax

124»

Comments

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,189
    edited December 1969

I can see them doing that to physical items purchased but not downloadable products.

• Scott LivingstonScott Livingston Posts: 4,331
    edited July 2012

From what I've been hearing in the news all this may change as all internet sales will be required to have sales tax added

From what I understand, even if this passes, it'll still be up to the individual states to determine whether they want to charge, how much, and on what types of purchases.
    Post edited by Scott Livingston on
  • frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,189
    edited December 1969

Yes, each state would need to pass a law to be able to collect.

• CapscesCapsces Posts: 465
    edited December 1969

Can anyone tell me what came of this? Are people in California still being charged sales tax? I am curious, as I am being charged sales tax in Georgia. However, it appears to me that Georgia has a similar exemtion in their code, specifically line 91 under Exemptions of:

O.C.G.A. § 48-8-3
    GEORGIA CODE
    Copyright 2012 by The State of Georgia
    All rights reserved.

*** Current Through the 2012 Regular Session ***

TITLE 48. REVENUE AND TAXATION
    CHAPTER 8. SALES AND USE TAXES
    ARTICLE 1. STATE SALES AND USE TAX
    PART 1. GENERAL PROVISIONS

(91) The sale of prewritten software which has been delivered to the purchaser electronically or by means of load and leave

• StorypilotStorypilot Posts: 1,659
    edited October 2012

California is no longer being charged sales tax.

They mentioned the revision in one of the announcement threads a few months ago, but I don't see that announcement anymore. But they did revise it for California, and we haven't been seeing sales tax since.

Edit: I found the revised statement (linked earlier in this thread) here: http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/2055_98/

At the time, I was able to get refunded for the CA sales tax collected via a support ticket.

Post edited by Storypilot on
  • CapscesCapsces Posts: 465
    edited December 1969

Is support ticket how we find out if this is a tax DAZ should even be collecting?

• StorypilotStorypilot Posts: 1,659
    edited December 1969

Seems to me like a good way to call it to their attention. But maybe one of the moderators will suggest something else?