Another question on DS 4 (move to ground different y position for V4 in ds4 than in ds3? )

cosmo71cosmo71 Posts: 3,609
edited October 2012 in The Commons

In das studio 3 I can select a character like Dixie (V4) for example and a pose and can say move to floor and she will be moved with her feet to the floor (standing pose)

same character same pose in ds4 but the Y position for the character seems not to be the same because the character is not moving to the ground but is moving up when I say move to ground.

has someone an idea?

Post edited by cosmo71 on

Comments

• MattymanxMattymanx Posts: 6,879
    edited December 1969

Got a screen shot showing the difference? I have not personally noticed this issue within DS4

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Hmmm... Gen 4 character morph? Are you 100% sure your saved figure does not load below the x,y,z origin in DS4.5?
    As noted Screen shots would help.

• cosmo71cosmo71 Posts: 3,609
    edited December 1969

Mattymanx said:
    Got a screen shot showing the difference? I have not personally noticed this issue within DS4

not necessary. I just have decided after trying some things today with ds4 to kick ds4 it is to slow, sure it has some good management stuff and some good tab organitation but that is not so important for me and because I just do my things with m4 and v4 I don´t need ds 4 and go back to ds 3. My V4 is much versatile in bodyspaping than genesis (even with the add ons), so.

edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    Hmmm... Gen 4 character morph? Are you 100% sure your saved figure does not load below the x,y,z origin in DS4.5?

I don`t work with genesis and I will not work with genesis. Dixie is V4 and will be V4 in the future

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

cosmo71 said:
    Jaderail said:

I don`t work with genesis and I will not work with genesis. Dixie is V4 and will be V4 in the future

Nobody even mentioned Genesis, so I don't really see your point?

Dixie is for V4, certainly, but it can also be used on Genesis if required using the Gen X plugin.

My V4 is much versatile in bodyspaping than genesis (even with the add ons), so.

I don't know why you have taken umbrage at Genesis, but I can assure you that it is much more versatile then any previous Gen 4 figure, not only that, but clothing that fits one morph of Genesis generally fits them all. It is an astounding figure.

edited October 2012

By the way Cosmo is not a native English speaker. I do not believe he knows that Gen 4 means the Generation 4 figures.

For future Reference Gen 4 means all generation 4 figures that is V4, M4, A4, H4, F4 and S4. Did I miss one?

Post edited by Jaderail on
  • JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

She Freak 4 for one :)

My appologies Cosmo if I missunderstood you

edited December 1969

She Freak 4 for one :)

My appologies Cosmo if I missunderstood you

Opps! and I have her as well, just not much clothing.
    edited October 2012

I know what Gen X (4) means and have this tool but the result was not quite good, mybe I have done some things wrong but until now I must say not that what I have expected.

second thing, you don`t know my V4 :) but I know Genesis and I have all the add ons or most of them, those you need for natural looking humans. (unfortunatelly have bought all that stuff)

third thing this transformationtool for clothes works fine but not for all clothes I have.

and now here are the screenshots. take your attention on the bounding boxes

the bounding box in ds 4 is much larger than the figure

ds_screenshots_bounding_box.jpg
    639 x 1600 - 143K
    Post edited by cosmo71 on
  • mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited October 2012

Jaderail said:
    By the way Cosmo is not a native English speaker. I do not believe he knows that Gen 4 means the Generation 4 figures.

For future Reference Gen 4 means all generation 4 figures that is V4, M4, A4, H4, F4 and S4. Did I miss one?

The rugrat brigade...K4

Cosmo...

Did you scale her height?

It doesn't look like she fills the bounding box in either one, but in DS3 the extra space looks to be at the top of the bounding box. In DS4 it looks like she's now floating in the middle, with space split between the top and bottom.

If that's the case, try saving her without the height scaling...then after she is in DS4 apply the scaling and save a DS4 version.

Post edited by mjc1016 on
    edited December 1969

mjc1016 said:
    Jaderail said:

The rugrat brigade...K4

Cosmo...

Did you scale her height?

It doesn't look like she fills the bounding box in either one, but in DS3 the extra space looks to be at the top of the bounding box. In DS4 it looks like she's now floating in the middle, with space split between the top and bottom.

If that's the case, try saving her without the height scaling...then after she is in DS4 apply the scaling and save a DS4 version.

means I should scale her in ds3 back to the original 100% and save it in ds3 then load her in ds4 save her and load her again, scale her back to 97% and save her again in ds4 and then everything should be okay, am I right?

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited December 1969

That's what I would do...along with make sure her feet are at the bottom of the bounding box, after returning her to default size. Also, make sure that there is no pose applied to her for import. You can apply the pose after importing, before saving in DS4.

edited December 1969

mjc1016 said:
    That's what I would do...along with make sure her feet are at the bottom of the bounding box, after returning her to default size. Also, make sure that there is no pose applied to her for import. You can apply the pose after importing, before saving in DS4.

have zeroed the scaling parameters, also leg length and pose and... the character is correct in the boundingbox but it
    doesn`t work, if move to floor the boundingbox itself is not set to the ground.

edited December 1969

the thing is that in ds3 the bounding box fits to the scaling of the figure, in ds4.5 this is obviously not the case

• DaremoK3DaremoK3 Posts: 798
    edited December 1969

Just for the sake of cosmo is not going crazy...

I experienced the same thing the other day when I wanted to do a proof of concept for Hex morphing, and creating clones with two Genesis characters loaded.

Yes, I was using Genesis opposed to Gen 4/V4, but the experience was the same.

I had one default unaltered Genesis at ground zero, and another Genesis with custom MTs activated which shrunk Genesis down by a couple of feet. I needed to match the morphed Genesis as much as possible in DS to the default Genesis, and was using T/S/R parameter dials to do so.

Much to my surprise when I needed to drop my second Genesis to floor/ground (she was about a foot below ground), she popped up and hovered a foot above the ground when I applied drop to floor. The bounding box was correct at base of feet, but somehow DS was not registering the bounding box correctly. If so, it would have been set correctly on the ground.

I didn't find a fix, but I just hand corrected the issue myself. Just another quirk that only a select few will probably encounter during their usage of DS.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,825
    edited December 1969

Still worth a bug report if it's happening in the current build.

• Testing6790Testing6790 Posts: 1,091
    edited December 1969

Is there a way to have move to ground account for shoes?

edited December 1969

Still worth a bug report if it's happening in the current build.

happens also to m4 figures but yes, it can have to do something with scaling issues. I don`t know, but I can live with that so far. Maybe I was doing something wrong. Will try some things and maybe I can fix it.

• Reggie68Reggie68 Posts: 17
    edited December 1969

As my main V4 characters are all shrter than the default, I can verify that ALL versions of DS4/4.5 have done exactly the same thing. This is the way it looks to me...

DS3 works by moving the bottom of the figure to the floor (Y = 0) location.

DS4 works by moving the origin to the right location so that a default V4 would have her feet on the floor.

edited December 1969

Reggie68 said:
    As my main V4 characters are all shrter than the default, I can verify that ALL versions of DS4/4.5 have done exactly the same thing. This is the way it looks to me...

DS3 works by moving the bottom of the figure to the floor (Y = 0) location.

DS4 works by moving the origin to the right location so that a default V4 would have her feet on the floor.

that is probably the reason. sounds comprehensible. well, I can live with it. have to fix the pose anyway in a scene so doesn`t really matter. I save my self created poses most of the time as pose preset so.