Is there any benefit to having the Toddler if you have Genesis child?

Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,560
edited December 1969 in The Commons

I've had the KIDS 4 Toddler on my wishlist sfor a while, however, I am curious if the shape is similar to genesis child, and opinions on this product? Is it worth buying, or can I duplicate it with the child morph? I use daz 4.5

thanks!

http://www.daz3d.com/shop/kids-4-toddler

Comments

• Knight22179Knight22179 Posts: 1,195
    edited October 2012

With enough dial spinning, you probably could duplicate it. And the two shapes are similar in shape and size already. But, there is almost nothing in the way of content for Genesis child. (Unless of course anything Genesis can wear, the child can wear too. I haven't tried that a whole not so I don't know for 100% certainty. I can make some test runs if you like!)

Toddler might have more content and perhaps more skin textures.

My first initial feelings is stick with Genesis Child. But perhaps someone more knowledgable can jump in and give a second opinion. :)

Post edited by Knight22179 on
  • Scott LivingstonScott Livingston Posts: 4,331
    edited December 1969

Here's my Genesis dial-spun toddler: http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewreply/124946/
    I used Basic Child, Evolutions morphs, Genesis Head Morph Resource Kit 3, and the converted DieTrying morphs (free at ShareCG).

• Testing6790Testing6790 Posts: 1,091
    edited December 1969

Short answer: no
    Long answer: If you're lazy, yes

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,560
    edited December 1969

Here's my Genesis dial-spun toddler: http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewreply/124946/
    I used Basic Child, Evolutions morphs, Genesis Head Morph Resource Kit 3, and the converted DieTrying morphs (free at ShareCG).

Very good morph! Looks very good! Wish I had the skill to do something like that!

• PendraiaPendraia Posts: 3,591
    edited December 1969

With enough dial spinning, you probably could duplicate it. And the two shapes are similar in shape and size already. But, there is almost nothing in the way of content for Genesis child. (Unless of course anything Genesis can wear, the child can wear too. I haven't tried that a whole not so I don't know for 100% certainty. I can make some test runs if you like!)

Toddler might have more content and perhaps more skin textures.

My first initial feelings is stick with Genesis Child. But perhaps someone more knowledgable can jump in and give a second opinion. :)

Clothing for genesis will work on the genesis child shape...there are many items that are suitable for children. Smay's bad guy includes jeans and shirt which does well on a child and there are many others that are also suitable.

I own the toddler as I bought it pre genesis...IMHO it would not be worth buying for use with genesis. It is easier to spin dials than to use gen x to convert it to genesis. If you are planning on using it with k4, then yes it is worth it.

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,703
    edited December 1969

If you want to use Kids 4, then probably a good deal. If you want to use Genesis, there is no current way to convert Kids 4 morphs to Genesis. Not that I know of that is. Probably better to use one of the baby character products for Genesis mixed with child.

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,560
    edited December 1969

If you want to use Kids 4, then probably a good deal. If you want to use Genesis, there is no current way to convert Kids 4 morphs to Genesis. Not that I know of that is. Probably better to use one of the baby character products for Genesis mixed with child.

Thats a good suggestion.

I was just thinking of saving myself some money. I've had it on my wishlist for a while, and its down to 4.49, but if I can make it myself no point in buying it... =-)

• JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,253
    edited October 2012

There is a transfer clone for Kids 4 in GenX. It's the Gen 3 kids that are inaccessable.

Whether it is worth it to transfer over the Toddler morph is another question. Adam Thwaites's Genesis toddler does the job much more smoothly, and Oskarsson's Genesis Baby (Rendo) comes with at least one set of clothing.

Post edited by JOdel on
  • Scott LivingstonScott Livingston Posts: 4,331
    edited December 1969

Very good morph! Looks very good! Wish I had the skill to do something like that!
    Thank you! :)
    This isn't the full formula I used, but it should be easy to duplicate (just Evolutions and basic morphs) and should give you a good starting point:
    Ear Size -0.2
    Nose Bump -1.0
    Nose Tip Depth -1.0
    Chin Depth -0.7
    Cranium Slope 1.0
    Face Round 1.0
    Face Young 0.3
    Head Propagating Scale 11%
    Legs Length -20%
    Basic Child 1.0
    Body Volume 0.4
    Heavy 0.1
    Pot Bellied 0.1
    Arms Length -0.6
    Navel 1.0
    Navel Out 1.0
    Navel Size 0.5

You'll need to adjust the overall scale, too. I used 48% but that might be too high (there were other things I did that adjusted the overall height).

Of course, as others have posted, you could probably get better results by mixing the Basic Child with either of the two Genesis Babies, if you own one of them.