Error Message: Unable to receive your submission at this time

tiggerspringstiggersprings Posts: 304
edited December 1969 in The Commons

I keep getting this message from the forum when I try to reply to threads. No idea if it's a common problem, since i haven't been online much lately or spent a lot of time here. I don't even know if I'll be able to post this thread, but I thought maybe someone would know what is causing it...

Comments

• larsmidnattlarsmidnatt Posts: 4,511
    edited December 1969

happens to more sporadically. If it happens once that day its likely to happen many times. Then it won't happen for weeks.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited October 2012

The problem generally arises if you reply using the same wording as you have already used in a previous answer, or if you make a stock reply like LOL or even just thank you. It appears to be some form of built in spam filter.

Sometimes you can get over it by altering the wording of your post slightly, even maybe changing the punctuation.

Another way of getting over it is to type part of your reply, and then edit the post once it has been posted.

So when it happens, use your browser back button and alter the text slightly and try reposting.

Post edited by Chohole on
  • WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,800
    edited December 1969

if you submit a post with the exact wording of any other, the forum SPAM filter puts this up.

edited December 1969

snap lol!

• tiggerspringstiggersprings Posts: 304
    edited December 1969

That's weird, because I had only posted here once today. And the reply was in no way similar to what I said before. Period.

edited December 1969

not just you, anybody at anytime on the forum, try lol, yes, snap (did it for me!) or any of the smileys and you will get it,

edited October 2012

If you really want a laugh, how about this. the immortal phrase coined by, and used, most often by, Richard H is now one of the things that triggers the filter. :coolsmirk:

Post edited by Chohole on
  • Miss BMiss B Posts: 3,071
    edited December 1969

chohole said:
    If you really want a laugh, how about this. the immortal phrase coined by, and used, most often by, Richard H is now one of the things that triggers the filter. :coolsmirk:

~ROFL~ That must've made his day. ~hee, hee, hee~
  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,737
    edited December 1969

Miss B said:
    chohole said:

~ROFL~ That must've made his day. ~hee, hee, hee~

Actually, so far jack's all right - I haven't had that message as far as I recall.

edited December 1969

Tis only me that seems to get the message for using Richard's words. :down: