Comments

• ContajenContajen Posts: 17
    edited December 1969

*sigh*

I had to laugh when I saw today's tagline for the sale:

Annual PA SALE 2012 Day 24-- Kinda Feels like Christmas Eve

No, not really. I've missed everything that I was interested in and maybe had a chance of buying on my severely limited Poser budget this year due the combination of Daz moving the sale forward from November to September and the gift cards not working. Not to mention the fact that Platinum Club members can no longer use their "coupons" on PA products... Oh, well. Saved some money I guess. Renderosity got the rest (and lion's share) as usual.

That would be the Christmas Eve that the Grinch stole all the presents. LOL!

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    edited December 1969

wondering if anything interesting is gonna come up for this November. i imagine the October event will be preponderantly ds related.

• size 8size 8 Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Oh well..At the rate Daz are going with fixing this it looks like my Christmas budget will be going elsewhere too

• tiggerspringstiggersprings Posts: 304
    edited September 2012

Contajen said:
    *sigh*

I had to laugh when I saw today's tagline for the sale:

Annual PA SALE 2012 Day 24-- Kinda Feels like Christmas Eve

No, not really. I've missed everything that I was interested in and maybe had a chance of buying on my severely limited Poser budget this year due the combination of Daz moving the sale forward from November to September and the gift cards not working. Not to mention the fact that Platinum Club members can no longer use their "coupons" on PA products... Oh, well. Saved some money I guess. Renderosity got the rest (and lion's share) as usual.

That would be the Christmas Eve that the Grinch stole all the presents. LOL!

LOL Or Tate's Creepy Kid. I did a grinchesque render with with him a few years back after he was released.

wondering if anything interesting is gonna come up for this November. i imagine the October event will be preponderantly ds related.

Most likely. It sure would be nice to have the option to shop by the PC Anniversary start, though. Especially since I've been a loyal PC member since starting in late 2005. Although since it's become more Club Genesis, not so much. I did buy quite a few legacy items during the one ninety-nine cent sale, though. Sure doesn't pay to be a loyal Poser-using customer around here, though. Quite a few recent freebies been D|S only and afaik they haven't even included a static Poser-friendly object file for us. :(

Oh well..At the rate Daz are going with fixing this it looks like my Christmas budget will be going elsewhere too

Pretty much. Sad considering for the first few years in Poserverse, this was my favorite place to burn my pocket money. :(

Come on Daz, please, please get the gift cards, gift certificates, whatever fixed... :(

Post edited by tiggersprings on
  • PendraiaPendraia Posts: 3,591
    edited December 1969

Just a quick update...

I contacted DAZ and Brittney was able to help me organize the gift certificate...it took a couple of days mainly because I'm in Australia.

Much thanks to Brittany for all her help.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

HAs everyone seen the announcement at the top of the forum http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/8881_4/

• Alisa Uh-LisaAlisa Uh-Lisa Posts: 1,308
    edited December 1969

I'm not clear about this, though - does it mean that if you get them for someone else you MUST put in their email addy and name and send it directly??? Or can you still get a gc and then give the code to someone after you have the code?

edited December 1969

Yes you can do it either way. If you want to send it to yourself, use your own email address. If you want to send it to another member use theirs, the one they log on to the site with, so you need to ask them.

• Jonathan BJonathan B Posts: 114
    edited December 1969

I just tried purchasing a gift card but I haven't received the e-mail with the GC information. I also did not receive an e-mail confirmation for the order where I got this weeks store freebie.

• SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232
    edited December 1969

Do they still work the same as the old gift certificates — able to spend a little bit at a time until it's all gone? Having these things is vital for me in the PC sale, as I frequently buy things daily for smaller $$$ amounts than in my usual weekly shopping, or in the just-finished PA sale. Using my bank card each time is right out, since my bank charges me each time I convert to dollars from Real Money (£). ;-)

• Alisa Uh-LisaAlisa Uh-Lisa Posts: 1,308
    edited December 1969

Thanks, Cho!

• DAZ_ann0314DAZ_ann0314 Posts: 2,815
    edited December 1969

jmbeach said:
    I just tried purchasing a gift card but I haven't received the e-mail with the GC information. I also did not receive an e-mail confirmation for the order where I got this weeks store freebie.

Please check your e-mail, you should have one from me in regards to this issue. If you did not get it, please PM me :)

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited December 1969

How long does it take to get the Gift card information?
    I've bought one for myself (PC anniversary ...) and I am wondering.
    In earlier times it was nearly instantaneous (spelling?).
    I did get the order confirmation.

• Jonathan BJonathan B Posts: 114
    edited December 1969

jmbeach said:

Please check your e-mail, you should have one from me in regards to this issue. If you did not get it, please PM me :)

Ann,

Thank-you for the e-mail and for looking up the information.

I did immediately check my spam folder when I did not receive any order related e-mails (two separate order, zero out of three e-mails received) in my inbox last night, so there definitely was a problem (which others reported in another thread).

I placed a quick test order this morning and I did get the order confirmation immediately delivered to my inbox.

edited October 2012

Kerya said:
    How long does it take to get the Gift card information?
    I've bought one for myself (PC anniversary ...) and I am wondering.
    In earlier times it was nearly instantaneous (spelling?).
    I did get the order confirmation.

Usually pretty instantaneous though sometimes it can lag a bit, if you don't get it, just PM me and I can look it up for you kk :)

Post edited by DAZ_ann0314 on
    edited December 1969

It lagged some hours - but it is here. :)

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,823
    edited December 1969

Do they still work the same as the old gift certificates — able to spend a little bit at a time until it's all gone? Having these things is vital for me in the PC sale, as I frequently buy things daily for smaller $$$ amounts than in my usual weekly shopping, or in the just-finished PA sale. Using my bank card each time is right out, since my bank charges me each time I convert to dollars from Real Money (£). ;-)

Yes, as far as I know - they did before they were taken down. A GC just adds store credit to your account.

edited December 1969

Kerya said:

Glad to hear you got it now. There can be a lag sometimes on them though if it's longer then a day then it's prolley not coming. Usually (unless you hit when they are doing a store update or something) they are instant though but rare occasion they can lag but not for days or something, usually hours if they lag at all.

edited December 1969

Kerya said:

Glad to hear you got it now. There can be a lag sometimes on them though if it's longer then a day then it's prolley not coming. Usually (unless you hit when they are doing a store update or something) they are instant though but rare occasion they can lag but not for days or something, usually hours if they lag at all.

Thanks for the information!
    If it takes longer than a day in the future, I will nudge you in a PM to help me ... or contact customer support. :)

• AndyBerlinAndyBerlin Posts: 73
    edited December 1969

Yesterday I bought a Gift Card for myself. As I did not received the gift card code and the order confirmation after 21 hrs I opened a support ticket. Within 45 minutes I received both.

At a closer look at the mail headers I saw, that they were issued immediately after my purchase. I also received 20 notifications about forums posts, the oldest was from one week ago. Some of my mails seemed on hold on one of the servers, but others came regularly.

Thanks to the support team!

Andy

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    edited December 1969

yayy - worked - Thanks!

• JasmineSkunkJasmineSkunk Posts: 1,872
    edited December 1969

I just had to share... I tried to get a GC today for the first time since the switch....and it was sooo EASY! :)

Sent it to myself...redeemed it...It now sits as store credit! Awesome! :)

• SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232
    edited December 1969

Sounds good, Jasmine. I haven't needed to get a GC yet (very unusual at this point in the PC sale) but I probably will as soon as next week's fun and games start.

• XOTTXOTT Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Gift Certificate (card) page showing previous user info?

I thought I'd send myself a gift cert.

I find the page:
    http://www.daz3d.com/shop/gift-card

And what do I see pre-inserted under the Sender Name field?

somebody's full name
    (I've deliberately not posted the person's name)

and in the Sender Email field I see:
    an email address
    (I've deliberately not posted the person's email address)

--

So what's going to happen if I use the gift cert page, will it leave my name & email details in there for the next person to stumble across?

edited October 2012

I just looked - the last time I bought one I had a easily detectible fake name and email adress in those fields.

I did google the ones at the moment - eeeeek! those are real.
    I don't want my real name and adress there either!

Edited to add: I am contacting support!!!

Post edited by Kerya on
    edited December 1969

XOTT said:
    Gift Certificate (card) page showing previous user info?

I thought I'd send myself a gift cert.

I find the page:
    http://www.daz3d.com/shop/gift-card

And what do I see pre-inserted under the Sender Name field?

somebody's full name
    (I've deliberately not posted the person's name)

and in the Sender Email field I see:
    an email address
    (I've deliberately not posted the person's email address)

--

So what's going to happen if I use the gift cert page, will it leave my name & email details in there for the next person to stumble across?

That's scary... I just checked in Chrome (where I'm not logged in) and it's blank.

• XOTTXOTT Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

The next day for me....

I've just checked the gift certificate page and instead of somebody else's info in there, my info is now auto-pre-installed in the correct fields.

So I'm assuming that the page has inserted that correctly because I'm logged in and has used my account details for those fields.
    As a test, I logged off, then revisited that page and the fields were empty.

So it looks like the problem has been fixed.

Good thing too because otherwise I wouldn't be using it.
    It's bad enough these days with spammers & ID thieves email harvesting from everywhere without giving away our details willy nilly for all to see.

Kerya's shriek to support must've done some good. :)

edited December 1969

Well - I didn't get an answer on my support ticket, but maybe they were running around pushing buttons to fix it and didn't get time to answer. LOL

edited December 1969

I am glad it got sorted out. Sorry I forgot to post to say the problem had been flagged up for investigation.

edited December 1969

The gift certificates seem broken again. It keeps telling me the maximum number in the cart is 1, but when I click on cart, there's nothing in there. It's empty. >:-(

This discussion has been closed.