Free Genesis DSON Importer for Poser 9 and PP2012 here at DAZ (updated 10-17-2012)

WandWWandW Posts: 2,785
edited October 2012 in Poser Discussion
Post edited by WandW on

Comments

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

There is an official thread in the Commons http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/9405/ And thread started by forum members in MO and the Commons also I think.

It jumped into my cart so quick, you wouldn't believe it, and I have yet to update to P9 yet. Now I have no excuse not to

• GKDantasGKDantas Posts: 200
    edited December 1969

Posted right in facebook! Downloading.

• ByrdieByrdie Posts: 1,775
    edited December 1969

Got it! Now to figure out which of my already bought Genesis/V5/M5 stuff needs re-downloading.

• WandWWandW Posts: 2,785
    edited December 1969

Byrdie said:
    Got it! Now to figure out which of my already bought Genesis/V5/M5 stuff needs re-downloading.

From looking at the FAQ, it appears all of it...
  • adzanadzan Posts: 268
    edited October 2012

I think only the items in the dson category have been updated with poser bits so far, so if you bought the M5 V5 bundles that's pretty much everything they include.

Although i did notice the Genesis Elite face/body morph and expressions didn't show as updated when i reset them.

anyway here's the Poser DSON Category link

http://www.daz3d.com/shop/dson-all?dir=desc&limit=60&order=activated

Post edited by adzan on
    edited December 1969

chohole said:

It jumped into my cart so quick, you wouldn't believe it, and I have yet to update to P9 yet. Now I have no excuse not to

SM usually has a 50% off coupon around or after US Thanksgiving (November 22 this year)...

• danboidanboi Posts: 10
    edited October 2012

Hi All.

As best as I can tell I've done everything right. I've created (C:\Genesis Poser) to install the two Genesis starter packages and added the new content folder in my Poser library. I then loaded the figure Genesis figure from Daz people. DSON fired up just fine and the figure imported without problems. I was able to render this, I was able to move all the boby parts and change the morphs, but, my library seems to have totally frozen me out after loading the figure! I even made and ate breakfast, came back and it was still frozen. I've tried a full reboot and it's still the same.
    Any ideas please? Windows 7 using the 32bit

Thanks
    Danny

(Thanks chohole for moving this post for me.)

Post edited by danboi on
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

No problem I shall move it over there for you, stand tight for the move through cyber space.

• gaffer2gaffer2 Posts: 67
    edited December 1969

a good tutorial on its use would be nice!

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969
    edited December 1969

danboi said:
    Hi All.

As best as I can tell I've done everything right. I've created (C:\Genesis Poser) to install the two Genesis starter packages and added the new content folder in my Poser library. I then loaded the figure Genesis figure from Daz people. DSON fired up just fine and the figure imported without problems. I was able to render this, I was able to move all the boby parts and change the morphs, but, my library seems to have totally frozen me out after loading the figure! I even made and ate breakfast, came back and it was still frozen. I've tried a full reboot and it's still the same.
    Any ideas please? Windows 7 using the 32bit

Thanks
    Danny

(Thanks chohole for moving this post for me.)

P9 or PP2012? They're working on a fix, but there's a workaround if you have PP2012.

• DarkElfDarkElf Posts: 289
    edited December 1969

So I will have request a reset on EVERY Genesis related product I purchased prior to DSON???!!!! Fortunately I didn't buy a huge quantity before I decided to quit with the DAZ 4/Genesis idea.
    Is there an easy way I can find the products I need to request a reset on without going order by order and looking at each thing I have purchased?!
    Someone PLEASE telling I will not have go order by order. That's would be very stupid.

edited December 1969

MrEstey said:
    So I will have request a reset on EVERY Genesis related product I purchased prior to DSON???!!!! Fortunately I didn't buy a huge quantity before I decided to quit with the DAZ 4/Genesis idea.
    Is there an easy way I can find the products I need to request a reset on without going order by order and looking at each thing I have purchased?!
    Someone PLEASE telling I will not have go order by order. That's would be very stupid.

If you use Windows, Taozen's history manager is fantastic: taosoft.dk/software/dazhm

edited December 1969

MrEstey said:

If you use Windows, Taozen's history manager is fantastic: taosoft.dk/software/dazhm

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW Mike! That is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO COOL!!! Thanks for this! Works GREAT!

edited December 1969

OK. So I got my needed files reset but which ones to I download? All of them?
    There are some that say Legacy, some that have "trx" in the title, some have "PoserCF" in the title, some actually specify DSON in the title.

Which do I need for use with Poser and where should I install them?

edited December 1969

MrEstey said:
    OK. So I got my needed files reset but which ones to I download? All of them?
    There are some that say Legacy, some that have "trx" in the title, some have "PoserCF" in the title, some actually specify DSON in the title.

Which do I need for use with Poser and where should I install them?

For Poser you can ignore the Legacy ones, install the other two in the same runtime you installed the Genesis Starter Essentials.

edited December 1969

An update, so reset downloads and download the Importer (the Genesis Starter Pack has not changed)...

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/9860/

• takezo_3001takezo_3001 Posts: 1,926
    edited December 1969

Grraagh! I'm too late, it's no longer free!

*Turns and punches a Hyena in it's sack...Lives to tell the tale!*