Platinum Club 10th Anniversary Sale Discussion

Comments

• jakibluejakiblue Posts: 7,281
    edited December 1969

Same with my wife. I replace my computer every two years,

LOL! I read your first line as you replace your computer every two years, same as you replace your wife. *laughs* Sorry about that. :D

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,561
    edited December 1969

tjohn said:
    Ledhead said:
    I have three 2 TB dives and one 3TB drive (9TB total) and room for 4 more drives.

The problem I have is I had this home-built PC made before I started 3D artistry, otherwise my hardware would have been more powerful than it already is.

It seems as though it is already behind the times. Of course that's the case with anything in 6 months, but not as bad as it used to be.

I have 1000 googlebyte drives. No not really. I just can't resist one-upmanship. :lol:
    ...hah!, but I have a Solid State Googolplexbyte drive (that's 10^Googol) in the new rig as I discovered I have so much March Madness stuff from the last couple years that still hasn't been installed (although to have enough overhead for all my finished projects, I am considering upgrading to one of those new three dimensional matrix SS Graham'sNumberbyte drives). :cheese:

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,561
    edited December 1969

...so, is there going to be a new 99¢ theme for the next week?

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,800
    edited December 1969

I did a silly video plea for sale items http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SVCrxjKD7I4
    will share here too as it will soon vanish in the fast moving members choice thread

• SpyroRueSpyroRue Posts: 5,020
    edited December 1969

News 7 - Brought to you by Jaderail's beds. "We stock 'em, bot don't use 'em." :-P

(Have to type some more because Daz thinks News 7 is spam)

SPYRONews3.jpg
    1000 x 796 - 639K
  • WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,800
    edited October 2012

they way around the SPAM filter is [ no gap color=white]hidden message white on white on Daz bland forum site
    and I just realized LINKS can be hidden this way!!!!!! ahhhh about to be moderated!! can hear Pam dragging her club :snake:
    Richard has his claws sharpened, runs and hides
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kcQngn1Gwis gratuitous hidden Mimic horse video
    cool tested, cannot hide links!!! so ok!!

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
  • SpyroRueSpyroRue Posts: 5,020
    edited December 1969

they way around the SPAM filter is [ no gap color=white]hidden message white on white on Daz bland forum site

I didn't think of that lol Clever.

• LocusSolusLocusSolus Posts: 59
    edited October 2012

By chance I have no one of the $1.99 items listed in the buy-it-all page, so I want to buy the bundle in order to complete my V5 with the Victoria PRO bundle bonus , because I had clumsily bought her in the "single", where as you know, some shapes are missing. And I wanna lose my $25 initial investment with re-buying her again with the costly V5 pro bundle, just for some (important, I don't deny it, but rarely used in renders) attributes.

So my question is : I have put, heroically, the ten nice plats-items of the week into my cart, and I don't know what to do now:

- Just proceed and pray that will be recognise as a Buy-it-all?
    - Enter some dark celtic runes code in the coupon area?
    - Wait in hope that some praisable adventurous explorer has already tried it and is back alive?

Sorry for this noob question but be sure I've read the previous 39 pages of this thread before.
    Thanks a lot.

Post edited by LocusSolus on
  • SkirikiSkiriki Posts: 4,975
    edited October 2012

You buy 'em, although I recommend to take a look at the Extravaganza bundles for saving some moolah.

As long as you have the items listed on buy-it-all page, it does not matter if they came out of a bundle or singles.

http://www.daz3d.com/shop/platinum-club-items/pc10-extravaganza-1
    http://www.daz3d.com/shop/platinum-club-items/pc10-extravaganza-2

Edit: Note, MORE ITEMS WILL BE ADDED 'till the end of the month.

Post edited by Skiriki on
    edited December 1969

Weeehh ! Thanks so much Skiriki !

I am going to reconsider my cart following your advice, and many thanks again for the sesame.

Friendly, LocusSolus

• LindseyLindsey Posts: 1,984
    edited December 1969

There are a few basement priced items in the Intimate Apparel Category sale for some reason.. like $.75, $1.35 and $1.49. A few items in the People and Fairy Categories priced below 70% and they are not PC items.

• Scott LivingstonScott Livingston Posts: 4,331
    edited October 2012

Lindsey said:
    There are a few basement priced items in the Intimate Apparel Category sale for some reason.. like $.75, $1.35 and $1.49. A few items in the People and Fairy Categories priced below 70% and they are not PC items.

I've gotten some amazing deals this morning, and my opinion of this sale is quickly approaching my extremely high expectations for it. Looks like possibly all Genesis DAZ Originals are discounted at least 70% at the moment...many with higher discounts...
    Post edited by Scott Livingston on
    edited December 1969

I just saw the discussion of the recent price cuts in the Complaints Center thread... just snagged the Eastern Riding Wear browsing the DSON category.

• Scott LivingstonScott Livingston Posts: 4,331
    edited December 1969

Lindsey said:
    I just saw the discussion of the recent price cuts in the Complaints Center thread... just snagged the Eastern Riding Wear browsing the DSON category.

Yeah, that thread has gotten noticeably less complain-y. :)
  • cridgitcridgit Posts: 1,757
    edited May 2022

Redacted

Post edited by cridgit on
    edited October 2012

I think part of the reason for the crazy pricing is that the DSON category is 30% off for non members. I suspect pricing will go up when PC Category Sales end at midnight tonight. I had most of the Genesis items, but I did take advantage of the few I didn't have!

Edited: Well apparently some of the wonky discount stacking was not intentional!

Post edited by Lindsey on
  • Pennes From HeavenPennes From Heaven Posts: 174
    edited December 1969

This really bites, I had been picking up some of the outrageous deals but when I went to check out over half of what I had in my cart had jumped up in price, so instead of my 18 dollars I was presented with a total of 45 dollars. Needless to say, I took out the items that had jumped in price and checked out immediately with my paltry $9 purchase

edited December 1969

There was a little hiccup earlier in store, but I managed to wrangle my shopping cart back to what the prices should have been with some dedicated and repeated forced refresh. I'm guessing people all rushed in to see the insane prices...

• ByrdieByrdie Posts: 1,775
    edited December 1969

And back to the wishlist everything goes.

edited October 2012

Week 1 weekly winners announced on page 1.. funny, I don't see any of the forum regulars.. LOL

Post edited by Lindsey on
    edited December 1969

Skiriki said:
    You buy 'em, although I recommend to take a look at the Extravaganza bundles for saving some moolah.

As long as you have the items listed on buy-it-all page, it does not matter if they came out of a bundle or singles.

http://www.daz3d.com/shop/platinum-club-items/pc10-extravaganza-1
    http://www.daz3d.com/shop/platinum-club-items/pc10-extravaganza-2

Edit: Note, MORE ITEMS WILL BE ADDED 'till the end of the month.

Hello Skiriki, thanks to your link to due extravaganze, The promo gives 16 items for $19.94 instead of 10 items for $19.99 ! :)

So order has been processed now, and I have received confirmation by e-mail, but no instructions for how to obtain the bonus.

Do you have an idea of where is the path to the sanctuary ? :) Thanks soooo much.

Friendly, locusSolus.

• rory7411rory7411 Posts: 111
    edited December 1969

I'm sick of this, I had everything ready to check out, the site crashed and now everything's twice as expensive again. DAZ you really need to get this sorted out. It's so incompetent you're a laughing stock. & No sale to me anymore.

edited December 1969

Well when the month is over, and you got 'em all, I believe you contact DAZ via Zendesk linky (it is under 'Help' and 'Contact Us').

• larsmidnattlarsmidnatt Posts: 4,511
    edited October 2012

looks like new DO's in the store. Looks like they were saving the good new Genesis stuff for the Poser users to show up.

http://www.daz3d.com/shop/caput-caseum
    http://www.daz3d.com/shop/caput-caseum-textures
    http://www.daz3d.com/shop/classic-swimwear-genesis

At least they finally put some Genesis stuff out. too bad they were holding themselves back...

Post edited by larsmidnatt on
  • DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,086
    edited December 1969

Lindsey said:
    I think part of the reason for the crazy pricing is that the DSON category is 30% off for non members. I suspect pricing will go up when PC Category Sales end at midnight tonight. I had most of the Genesis items, but I did take advantage of the few I didn't have!

Edited: Well apparently some of the wonky discount stacking was not intentional!

What DSON category? I don't see it. Is it linked from another thread?

Dana

edited December 1969

This one: http://www.daz3d.com/shop/dson-all?dir=desc&limit=60&order=activated

Still not sure if they're finished adding to it and that the prices are right, though.

• anikadanikad Posts: 1,919
    edited December 1969
  • TJohnTJohn Posts: 11,010
    edited December 1969

Byrdie said:
    And back to the wishlist everything goes.

Just checked out. Order worked fine.
    edited December 1969

Good for you then. :-) Mine jumped from a little over $30 to nearly $70. And looked to be staying that way so I dumped everything to the wishlist until the pricing gets stabilized and/or I can afford it.

• KludgeKludge Posts: 354
    edited December 1969

DanaTA said:

I have two 1TB drives in my box, plus a 2TB USB drive on the desk, for backups.
    I generally don't like to have that much on one spindle but it's getting less expensive to buy larger drives than smaller ones and I am driven by finances. Or, more accurately, a lack thereof. The reasoning is that a spindle failure takes out a given amount of material (software or data files) so having a smaller spindle means the temporary loss of less material no matter what it is. This is given adequate backups are maintained and being an old mainframer adequate backups are habit..
    Edit: Hmmm...yes, a NAS has been a nagging thought lately. The USB drive was supposed to be like that, but it didn't work with my Netgear Dual Band router as it should have, so I removed it and put it on my desk. EVentually I'll get a nice NAS box, load it with a few 2TB drives and set up RAID.

Weeelll ... Most NAS boxes are Linux boxen with ... hmmm ... I forget what it is to make it easy to get from the Ethernet port to the drives. (Kendall, help!) With a little diddling and the proper application of arcanage, you may be able to create one to your liking.