Problem downloading DSON importer (solved)

aduser203aduser203 Posts: 4
edited October 2012 in Poser Discussion

I can not download the DSON importer for poser. It says "The maximum quantity allowed for purchase is 1."
I added it to the cart BEFORE I logged in, then I logged in, but it removed the DSON imported from the shopping cart.
When I attempt to add the DSON importer to the cart again, it gives me the above error.
Yet I have not downloaded it at all! Does someone know how to fix this?

I've submitted a support request as well, but I don't like my chances of getting a quick response.
Thanks.

Post edited by DAZ_bfurner on

Comments

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

Make sure you're logged in, then add another item to the cart. Then they should both show up, and you can remove the second item.

• efron_24efron_24 Posts: 473
    edited December 1969

I got it downloaded... and installed it
    but when I try to open (any) of the included free Genesis figures and props in Poser 9 I get this

Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Smith Micro\Poser 9\Runtime\libraries\Character\figurendaz\DAZ People\Genesis.py", line 1, in
    import dson.dzdsonimporter
    ImportError: No module named dson.dzdsonimporter

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

efron_24 said:
    but when I try to open (any) of the included free Genesis figures and props in Poser 9 I get this

File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Smith Micro\Poser 9\Runtime\libraries\Character\figurendaz\DAZ People\Genesis.py", line 1, in

Installing content to Program Files or Program Files (x86) will give you problems in Win7 or Vista. Also you should be installing to the folder containing the Runtime folder, not to a folder inside Runtime.

• aduser203aduser203 Posts: 4
    edited December 1969

Make sure you're logged in, then add another item to the cart. Then they should both show up, and you can remove the second item.

yes that worked thanks

edited December 1969

Thanks for the answer.. but which of the downloadable products should go into the poser 9 outsite of runtime folder ??

edited December 1969

So it did not work like thiat
    ZigZag321 (Renderosity user) wrote me how to do it.. and now it works

BUT next issue

One has it all working in Poser 9
    but.. now we have a figure. Genesis and we have downloaded the starter package

We change the length of legs and size of body
    but the clothes and the hair do no follow, even when conformed

how to make it all follow the genesis figure ?

• rafaiphonerafaiphone Posts: 2
    edited December 1969

Hi,

I am having the same problem.

1.- Poser 9 installed.
    2.- Dson importer installed in Poser 9 directory
    3.- Both Genesis starter Ess & EssPoserCF installed in "My Library"
    4.- Added "Genesis starter Ess" Runtime directory
    4.- When I try to load any Genesis figure keeps on telling me:

File "C:\Users\Rafa\Documents\Genesis Starter Essentials\Runtime\libraries\Character\DAZ People\Genesis.py", line 1, in

I followed up the installation instructions of the product as it is written in the manual even with the same names and places !!!

Efron_24, can you tell me how you solved it !

thanks in advance,

Rafa

• TheWheelManTheWheelMan Posts: 1,014
    edited December 1969

Poser 9 is 32-bit only. So you did install the 32-bit version of the DSON Importer, correct?

• edited December 1969

efron_24 said:

Installing content to Program Files or Program Files (x86) will give you problems in Win7 or Vista. Also you should be installing to the folder containing the Runtime folder, not to a folder inside Runtime.

I'm having the same problem. But, at this point, I've had so much trouble getting DSON to work at all that I've installed and uninstalled it in several places, and I have no idea where it's looking for the files, though I told it to look for them in My Documents. *sigh*

• rafaiphonerafaiphone Posts: 2
    edited December 1969

TheWheelMan - Yes, I was aware of that, I did install the 32 bit version for poser 9 but not working :(

• Damsel1Damsel1 Posts: 227
    edited December 1969

Hi all,
    Could ZigZag321 from Renderosity let us know how to solve the problem listed above? It would be greatly appreciated and might save some mental health. :-)
    Thanks for any help.