clipping not working

gaffer2gaffer2 Posts: 67
edited December 1969 in Bryce Discussion

Help please, In the terain editor when i try to clip it turns white not red or yellow and then when i save nothing changes what could be wrong?

Comments

• Dave SavageDave Savage Posts: 2,433
    edited October 2012

OK, sorry if this is stating the obvious to you but first we need to know if you're doing it correctly.

A; Click this icon to get the clipping tools down the right side
    B; Slide this edge of the bracket down to clip high range
    C; Slide this edge of the bracket up to clip the low range

Is this what you are doing?
    Can you post some screen grabs of what you're seeing?

Thanks

Picture-1.jpg
    895 x 630 - 130K
    Post edited by Dave Savage on
  • GussNemoGussNemo Posts: 1,855
    edited December 1969

@Dave: That looks like a egg with a side of mashed potatoes. :lol:

• gaffer2gaffer2 Posts: 67
    edited December 1969

Savage I can not post a screen shot but I am doing as you direct the problem is the slider goes white from the bottom and black from the top. the slider is moving in its entirely as pulled down it doesn't reduce in size but just repeats black to white.

• David BrinnenDavid Brinnen Posts: 3,136
    edited October 2012

Yes, move the ends of the curly bracket, not the grey - scale? Although the mouse pointer does not modify itself to show you this is possible, just have faith and put it over the end of the bracket and drag up and down.

Image 1 shows an enlarged example of where precisely you should put your pointer before holding down the left mouse button to drag the end of the curly bracket. Helpful?

Edit. Tip - if your cursor transforms into a double headed arrow pointing up and down. Then you have got hold of the wrong thing.

Image1.jpg
    342 x 288 - 21K
    Post edited by David Brinnen on
  • gaffer2gaffer2 Posts: 67
    edited December 1969

thanks david I was doing it wrong while using your fine learning CD.