Thanks for the zips

ManStanManStan Posts: 0
edited June 2012 in The Commons

Now maybe I can install my last 18 purchases. Well once those 18 are made to zips, right now they are still installers that my antiV wont let install, and why I quit shopping at DAZ. No reason to buy something I can't install.

And don't start on that, I am obstinate about the subject and arguing wont change my mind. If my antiV wont let it install, I don't want it on my comp. End of discussion.

Please move this to the commons, this forum just dropped this here when I clicked new thread in the commons.

Post edited by ManStan on

Comments

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited June 2012

Moved to the Commons, because you must have selected the wrong Forum by mistake when you were composing the post. THe forum software doen't move you to another forum, that is one glitch we don't have......... yet

Post edited by Chohole on
  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,696
    edited December 1969

All content is going to be updated to zips at some point - I'm surprised they are starting before the install manager is available.

• atticanneatticanne Posts: 3,009
    edited December 1969

When will the install manager be available? It certainly sounded like a good idea.

atticanne1.jpg
    100 x 100 - 11K
  • WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,791
    edited December 1969

lol! I downloaded Daz Studio 4.5 to my Android!
    all almost 500Mb of it in 5 minutes!
    cool
    would have been hours on my desktop!

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,696
    edited December 1969

We haven't been given any information on when the install manager will be available. Or if we have it's been driven from our minds, but I think the former is the case.

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,342
    edited December 1969

Waiting...waiting...waiting...is it here yet?

• edited December 1969

I'm surprised they are starting before the install manager is available.

We’ve only been screaming loudly for zip files for years—nice that DAZ have listened.
  • ManStanManStan Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Last thing I have ever needed from DAZ was help installing content. DAZ installers screwed me up far more then they helped. I'll be glade when the more recent stuff goes to zip so I can actually get it in to my runtimes to use. Been my opinion for a while DAZ is trying to give me far more help then I actually need.

Still not working on anything. This used to be fun but since the release of DS4 and genesis it has gotten to where it is far more frustrating then fun for me.

• Norse GraphicsNorse Graphics Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

lol! I downloaded Daz Studio 4.5 to my Android!
    all almost 500Mb of it in 5 minutes!
    cool
    would have been hours on my desktop!

The questions begs, does it work on the Android?

As for zips, they're good, but I think they should sort out the shop-thing first (and maybe the old-installer issue).
    edited December 1969

it unzips it!
    gives me a list of all my apps to open it but ofcourse none do!!

• ManStanManStan Posts: 0
    edited June 2012

The one I downloaded was just a regular zip. Unzipped and right there was my content to be sorted and dropped in to the right runtime. No muss, no fuss, no antiV alarms. And had it done in half the time it takes to just get through the BS of the installer to actually install.

Been my opinion for a while DAZ's attempts to make content installation more idiot prof just made it far more complex, and as such defeated their purpose.

I don't have a cell phone, have no intention of getting one, have no use for one, don't understand how people can get so attached to one. The latest cell phone inovation is a tattoo that will vibrate when you get a call on your cell phone, are dermal phone implements the next step?

Post edited by ManStan on
    edited December 1969

mine is a tablet, not a phone but it CAN be used as one, when I got it on my phone plan I chose to keep my old phone as my phone and not enable phone calls on it as holding a 7" tablet against my ear in puplic would make me look like a dickhead!
    I get the occasional wrong number text message!
    it has a phone number, I actually do not know it but could look it up.
    no Stan, it is my go everywhere webbrowser!
    I am on it now typing this forum post.
    I watch YouTube on it
    catchup television
    read forums, facebook etc
    use it for sat navigation and Google maps
    buy stuff from Daz 3d on paypal but up 'till now still needed the computer to download but I can send my downloads from my tablet to my desktop by bluetooth, it gets much better internet than my desktop and has AVG for Android to to scan downloaded media so my desktop is not being exposed to viruses!
    I dowload stuff from sharecg on it already.
    I take can photos and video with it (but my phone is better)
    I can upload them to Youtube and facebook
    I upload my Carrara videos via it and if I don't type a description, viewers scratch their heads because it says "this video was uploaded via an android phone!"
    most my videos initially end up with that on them until I change it.
    got apps and games too inc Truesculpt, like fingerpaint Sculptris and a 3D obj viewer, pretty useless though due to memory issues, but fun.
    I use it as my home email client too.
    it can find me using Google earth I used that when looking for a dog hit by a car to see where I was so I could ring the Animal wealfare league and find out the street.

edited December 1969

oh, almost forgot, it is my wifi modem too!

• 3DLust3DLust Posts: 230
    edited December 1969

chohole said:
    Moved to the Commons, because you must have selected the wrong Forum by mistake when you were composing the post. THe forum software doen't move you to another forum, that is one glitch we don't have......... yet

Actually, I had it happen to me as well - I made a new post in the Carrara forum, it was there for a day, and then it jumped to the 'Welcome Back Daz' forum.