how to add breasts to a male genesis figure?

gabugabu Posts: 303
edited December 1969 in The Commons

I am trying to create a 'sort of' shemale/ladyboy character and I need to keep the male musculature and add breasts to it but I haven't a clue how to do it.

Can someone tell me how.

Comments

• Rashad CarterRashad Carter Posts: 1,799
    edited December 1969

The simple solution would be to look at the Upper Body morphs and dial in the breasts as needed. It depends somewhat on the morphs you have available. I no longer remember which basic morphs come with Genesis but I feel certain there must be at least a basic breast size and cleavage morph. In the Male section select a masculine form and you should be in good shape. Best of luck.

To get extreme musculature sometimes it is good to disable the limits of the sliders.

• Jio DerakoJio Derako Posts: 10
    edited December 1969

Dialing up morphs like breast_size or breast_large may work on the male figure (forgive me, I don't use Genesis too much, so I don't know all the morph names off the top of my head). The results might not be quite what you're aiming for, though; it may just give you a male figure with lumpy, oversized pecs.
    Another way to go about it may be to dial the female body shape up a bit (maybe 50/50 on male/female), then use more male-focused morphs like muscle definition; if I remember correctly, there's a bodybuilder morph in there somewhere, dialing it up just a bit may work to give a more masculine body type.
    I'll edit this post after I've had a moment to check my own advice in DS4, I think you may actually be able to do something by "stiching" two Genesis figures together, too...

• Hiro ProtagonistHiro Protagonist Posts: 699
    edited December 1969

As Rashad says, it depends on which Genesis morphs you have. I'm guessing you will need Genesis Evolution: Morph Bundle (which if you are serious about using Genesis, you will need anyway). This adds (as well as many other things, of course)
    Breasts Heavy
    Breasts Implants
    Breasts Natural
    Breasts Size
    Breasts Small
    Breasts Cleavage

to Upper Body/Torso in Shaping. You can create and shape breasts on a male physique with these. Dialling in basic female or V4 over a male shape like M4 will alter the physique and face as well as adding breasts, which may not be the effect you want.

• gabugabu Posts: 303
    edited June 2012

Thanks for the help. I think I have worked out now how to do it.

The technique works on the base genesis figure but not on the M5 variant.

Sample attached.

Edited to remove over-sized images http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/510_98/

xxx2.jpg
    386 x 500 - 49K
    Post edited by gabu on
  • ledheadledhead Posts: 1,586
    edited December 1969

Remind me not to come back to this post after seeing that

edited December 1969

You ain't seen nothing yet!

I will post a final image.

I am just waiting for DAZ to pull its finger out so I can buy an essential item of clothing.

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,552
    edited December 1969

Ledhead said:
    Remind me not to come back to this post after seeing that

You and me both!!

• Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Posts: 376
    edited December 1969

Each to his own I guess. :lol:

I do not think that a guy who went that far would be that muscular though. They're usually a lot more feminine. But I don't know any such guys personally so I could be wrong of course.

edited December 1969

That is just a 'proof of concept' image.

'He' will look quite different dressed and made up.

• patience55patience55 Posts: 7,006
    edited December 1969

Wondering if the forums were working this morning ... thought I'd drive by ... oh my. So um, hmm ... well these may or not be of some help too ... but please don't post the pics until the filters are working ;-)

http://www.sharecg.com/v/61969/gallery/3/PDF-Tutorial/Making_Morphs_in_Hexagon_for_Genesis

http://www.sharecg.com/v/61971/view/21/DAZ-Studio/MalePaps_for_Genesis

• SkirikiSkiriki Posts: 4,975
    edited December 1969

Each to his own I guess. :lol:

I do not think that a guy who went that far would be that muscular though. They're usually a lot more feminine. But I don't know any such guys personally so I could be wrong of course.

It depends; not all trans people (or even all crossdressers and genderqueers) regard feminity the same way. (Let alone cis women -- that meaning those who regard their birth gender as correct one for them; I am -- I'd best to note that I'm bisexual cis woman -- personally OK with muscular hardness on women as well.)

And, uh, I know lots of trans women and men, genderqueers, and other non-traditional sexualities folks for some reason. Believe me, things can get interesting in that crowd. :)

• riftwitchriftwitch Posts: 1,404
    edited December 1969

luxgabu said:

Sample attached.

Edited to remove over-sized images http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/510_98/

What technique were you using? I don't know what morphs you have available, but I don't think I'd have any trouble giving M5 breasts if I needed to.

I have done two renders that mixed up genders a bit. One was a nude for a friend who likes pre-op male-to-female transsexuals (it was basically a female figure with toast), the other was a human-like alien (for something I'm writing) that was meant to be a hermaphrodite. For that I used equal amounts of the base male and female figures in genesis, with a little bodybuilder details and some other minor adjustments with the Evolution morphs. Adding a beard and a bit of genital bulge completed the morphing. Using a strange color for the skin helped drive home the fact that in this case, it isn't really supposed to be human.

edited June 2012

I don't have my Studio PC available at the moment so my answer might be a bit vague.

I created a base genesis model from several of the M4 compatibility options (fitness and definition) to get a muscular figure then used several of the 'breast morphs' to get the breasts on that M4 base. If I tried using the same breast morphs on a M5 base I wouldn't get anything like the same results. It is almost as though for M5 the breast morphs have been disabled. Perhaps not surprising as I doubt DAZ would have thought that anyone would ever want to give M5 breasts?

I had been using Studio 4.5 when I tried that. I have just gone back to 4.0 and the M4 compatibility base option works but I haven't tried the M5 base option again.

Post edited by gabu on
    edited December 1969

Buh? I just grabbed Genesis, yanked up "M5" slider, then applied V5 breast morphs without a problem.

edited December 1969

Odd. I don't have V5 installed. I wonder if that has something to do with it.

edited December 1969

Note that I also have Genesis Evolution bundles installed, so that may affect as well.

edited December 1969

Skiriki:

I have been able to duplicate your process on my PC and it worked (I followed a different sequence of actions originally). I don't know if it had anything to do with me using 4.5RC whereas now I have dropped back to 4.0 so I can't check but I think what happened was that the first morph I applied didn't have much of an effect I was expecting and I just assumed it was a failure.

edited December 1969

That's pretty funny, 'cause I'm using 4.5RC1 and I don't have 4.0 installed. :D

edited December 1969

Here is a work in progress with a figure.

test40a-2ax.jpg
    386 x 500 - 175K
    edited December 1969

Looks oddly familiar to me. Is this inspired by some existing source?

edited December 1969

No, or at least not consciously. It is purely the product of my fevered imagination.

edited December 1969

*nod* Might wanna tweak the lovehandles a bit? The waist and hip area seem a bit off to me.

edited December 1969

The base body is genesis base male + M4 + M4 fitness + M4 fitness details.

It might look familiar if you have been looking at my gallery over on Renderosity.

• TZORGTZORG Posts: 148
    edited December 1969

riftwitch said:
    I have done two renders that mixed up genders a bit. One was a nude for a friend who likes pre-op male-to-female transsexuals (it was basically a female figure with toast)

I like girls with junk but I'd rather think of it as post-op female-to-male..........

Or that an evil witch curses young maidens with weiners...

edited December 1969

I said I would post an image of using the breasted male character but it will run foul of the Forum TOS so here is a link to it over at Renderosity:

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/gallery/index.php?image_id=2336595

• KeiththegamergeekKeiththegamergeek Posts: 39
    edited December 1969

riftwitch said:
    luxgabu said:

Sample attached.

What technique were you using? I don't know what morphs you have available, but I don't think I'd have any trouble giving M5 breasts if I needed to.

I have done two renders that mixed up genders a bit. One was a nude for a friend who likes pre-op male-to-female transsexuals (it was basically a female figure with toast), the other was a human-like alien (for something I'm writing) that was meant to be a hermaphrodite. For that I used equal amounts of the base male and female figures in genesis, with a little bodybuilder details and some other minor adjustments with the Evolution morphs. Adding a beard and a bit of genital bulge completed the morphing. Using a strange color for the skin helped drive home the fact that in this case, it isn't really supposed to be human.

Could you let me know how you put an...ahem....gentlemen's sausage on a female figure?

• SickleYieldSickleYield Posts: 7,629
    edited December 1969

luxgabu said:
    No, or at least not consciously. It is purely the product of my fevered imagination.

It's thematically reminiscent of some of the outfits in The Cell (unfortunate that some of the most gorgeous trans imagery in Hollywood is in a film where the subject is a serial killer).

RE: The last poster - I don't know if the Genesis toast can be refitted to females easily, but the M4 gens parented to the pelvis can probably be made to work. The main shortcoming will be UVs if you're trying to do trans/futanari nudes, as it's hard to find a male character set that is hairless and comes with gens. Sshodan's Elven Lord is one (I did my own dsa mats for it loooong ago and am still using it), but it's probably too fem for the really transitional looks - I guess it just depends on your preference. I like twinks and bishonen more than trans characters when doing pinups, but there's undoubtedly overlap in clothes and skins for those looks.

edited December 1969

I had not seen the film The Cell, but on checking up on it on IMDB it looks interesting so I will see if I can get it.

As far as influences go, I would say that my main visual influences are: Chinese opera, Japanese Kabuki and Noh. But with a lot of others added to the soup.

I have now done 4 images using that character, if interested you can see them here:

http://www.yorukaze.me.uk/index3d.html

But the actual 'look' I have been using for a while, as you can see with the other images on that page.

• TZORGTZORG Posts: 148
    edited December 1969

Could you let me know how you put an...ahem....gentlemen's sausage on a female figure?

If you're using Genesis there shouldn't be anything special to do as the figure plays for both teams.
  • SickleYieldSickleYield Posts: 7,629
    edited December 1969

luxgabu said:
    I had not seen the film The Cell, but on checking up on it on IMDB it looks interesting so I will see if I can get it.

As far as influences go, I would say that my main visual influences are: Chinese opera, Japanese Kabuki and Noh. But with a lot of others added to the soup.

I have now done 4 images using that character, if interested you can see them here:

http://www.yorukaze.me.uk/index3d.html

But the actual 'look' I have been using for a while, as you can see with the other images on that page.

Fascinating and disturbing. I think you'll like the film.

The grinning faces on some of those archetypes will haunt me...