DAZ 4.5 - Grrrrrr - some files cannot be found [solved]

cosmo71cosmo71 Posts: 3,609
edited October 2012 in The Commons

I just have uploaded the last ds4.5 version, installed it and loaded one of my ds3 files that loaded without any complications in the former ds4 version but in the ds4.5 version I am told that some files cannot be found and the character looks also not exactly as in ds3 and the former ds4 version, what is the problem?

Not one single clothes item that is in the scene was loaded, sure they appear in the scene tab and they are there but I cannot see them if visible on or off or selected

Post edited by fixmypcmike on

Comments

• BejaymacBejaymac Posts: 1,843
    edited December 1969

Sounds like you lost the part of your data folder that holds the DSO, DSD & DSV files for your scene.

• cosmo71cosmo71 Posts: 3,609
    edited December 1969

Bejaymac said:
    Sounds like you lost the part of your data folder that holds the DSO, DSD & DSV files for your scene.

well I don`t know, after closing ds4.5, starting ds3 and loaded the same file everything is shown up and there as it should be, so in ds3 everything is fine in ds4.5 everything on clothes is not really there, you can see it in the scene tab, you can select it but you cannot see it and the v4 character also looks a bit different on some areas I have shaped with an add on tool. but as I have said in ds 3 everything is okay

edited December 1969

okay that was the xxxx try of using DAZ STUDIO 4 and nobody can say I am not at good will but....

the first ds 4.0 was much to slow (slower than ds3) but every file saved under ds 3 loaded well but I sometimes had to turn the content management service off because I got an error when starting ds4

this 4.5 version is much faster but not everything in scenes is loaded and I am told that not everything can be found and my v4 character looks different than in ds 3 and the former ds4 version

but after closing ds4.5 and loading the same scene in ds3 everything is okay

until now and from the beginning on not one single DS 4 version runs without problems or errors.

• RiggswolfeRiggswolfe Posts: 899
    edited December 1969

Check out my sig for what is likely going on. The short version is resetting the downloads for the clothing in question will likely solve it. If not you may have to edit .cr2 or .dsf files.

edited October 2012

Okay, the problem is the following.

I load a scene (created in ds3) with a V4 character and clothes in ds4.5

the v4 character apears but some shapes seems different

all clothes appear but are not visiable except of those that were visable when saving the scene in ds3 but these do not fit right

they exist in the scene tab
    they exist in the surface tab
    they exist in the parameters tab
    they exist in the shaping tab

and when selected the bounding box shows where the clothes item should be

if you click on the diffuse map in the surface tab all surfaces/maps in the scene are listed, everything seems okay but you can`t see them

but

I can delete the scene create a genesis figure and go to content libary - poser formats - studio 3 and you can load all the clothes and I can see them, the same clothes that I don´t see if I load the scene (written above)
    I can go to the pose tab and select other maps for the clothes and that also works

I can close ds4.5 open ds3 load the same scene (written above) and in ds3 everything is okay

can someone tell me what the problem is?

Post edited by cosmo71 on
    edited December 1969

It sounds like the issue I had that I spoke of except nothing showed in the surface tab. I know this is a silly question but did you check the opacity settings? I once had a set of clothes that for some reason loaded at 0% opactiy.

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

That is a known Bug in the older versions of DS4pro. Fixed in DS4.5.

edited December 1969

It sounds like the issue I had that I spoke of except nothing showed in the surface tab. I know this is a silly question but did you check the opacity settings? I once had a set of clothes that for some reason loaded at 0% opactiy.

oh really? well, wait a moment, I will check it out

edited December 1969

opacity is 100% and it is marked as visable

edited October 2012

Jaderail said:
    That is a known Bug in the older versions of DS4pro. Fixed in DS4.5.

I use ds 4.5 downloaded just a few hours ago jader, this is the latest version of daz stuido 4.5 pro 64 bit

in the older version this was not a problem. in the older version everything loaded fine

edited October 2012

OOOOOOKAAAAAY seeems that I have found the mistake, error, what ever it is

the following problem:

I saved the file in ds3 with some clothes with visible: off

in ds3 and in the older version of ds4 I just had to turn visible: on at the main figure of the clothes but in this new ds4.5 version it seems that you have to turn visible: on for every single part of the clothes seperatly
    and than one part after another apears in the scene

after you have done this once, visible on/off works as known. just turn visible on/off for the main figure to hide it or to show it.

is this understandable?

edited December 1969

I've noticed that DS4.5 is like this in some things. It seems 'pickier' about things than older versions did. My theory is that this was part of the change to make things more stable or something but I have no proof of that.

edited December 1969

I've noticed that DS4.5 is like this in some things. It seems 'pickier' about things than older versions did. My theory is that this was part of the change to make things more stable or something but I have no proof of that.

maybe :)

but I am really happy that it works now

and yes Jaider you are right, this new version is much faster

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited December 1969

I think it's actually being made to be more compliant with the file/format standards.

What good is it to spend all the time and effort to develop a standard, if your software is lax in conforming to it?

That's just my opinion...but looking at some of the threads in the developer forum and some of the stuff in the SDK, it seems pretty straightforward that's what is going on.