ERROR: 3Delight Process exited abnormally

RedHeadLilithRedHeadLilith Posts: 0

ok , now I came back from a walk with my dog and this is the message i saw when i tried to render my scene your c disk space is getting too low
so I tried to save my scene , and got this long error message.

Saving File…
ERROR: 3Delight Process exited abnormally: “C:/Program Files/DAZ 3D/DAZStudio4/bin/tdlmake.exe -mode periodic C:/Users/owner/AppData/Roaming/DAZ 3D/Studio4/temp/d2.tif C:/Users/owner/AppData/Roaming/DAZ 3D/Studio4/temp/d3358_d2.tdl”
tdlmake: error reading previous mipmap level
tdlmake: error while making texture file

anyone knows what it means and why my c driver run out of space every 20-30 minutes ?

Comments

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited December 1969

Yeah, time to run a disk clean up...

Basically, you ran out of space in your temp file while tdlmake was trying to optimize the texture file, which, caused the crash.

Start by emptying your browser cache and manually DELETE everything in your tmp/temp folders...not send to the trash (empty the trash can, too...). Then reboot...and run the disk clean up tool.

• RedHeadLilithRedHeadLilith Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I did a complete disk clean up only a few days ago and , cleaning my cache every 20 minutes with cc cleaner is what I do all the time , the wierd thing is I have 50 free GB space in my c driver but when I load the scene it jump to 100 .

• RedHeadLilithRedHeadLilith Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

now after loading another scene it was ok , so something in the combination of the textures I used with the Uber shader was the thing making it , too bad because I was finally happy with the result I got but I guess I did something wrong there in my settings