How to use an existing ERC file

BerBuzBerBuz Posts: 64
edited December 1969 in New Users

There is a nice tutorial on how to create a pose control from scratch and add it to the shaping tab. But, what about if the .dsf file already exists, how can I just “link” it in order to see a new shaping parameter? (In my case it is an FBM and resides in a correct ../ data\DAZ 3D\Genesis\Base\Morphs\\etc. folder.)

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,822
    edited December 1969

Are you asking about ERC (having one property adjust another), or are you just wanting to rearrange the way things show in the panes? Setting up ERC is done the same way, through the Property Editor, whether you are linking an old or a new morph. Grouping and parameter type can be set in the Property Editor or by clicking the cog wheel icon on the property's slider and adjusting its settings.

• BerBuzBerBuz Posts: 64
    edited December 1969

Hi Richard,
    Probably ERC was not the right qualifier. What I want to do is quiet easy: I found out that ..\DAZ 3D\Studio\My Library\data\DAZ 3D\Genesis\Base\Morphs\\... folder contains some .dsf files which are full body (or head) morphs for Genesis (I am quite sure of that, I compare the ASCII files with working ones) but these files does not appear in the shaping tab I just want to make them appear in this tab. I suppose that I have to use property editor and add an entry at the right place (ex: actor/male/real world) but how to “link” the entry to my specific file? I didn’t find the way. Typing the correct “name” is not enough for DS to localize the dsf file.

I don’t know if I’m clear.
    BB

• BejaymacBejaymac Posts: 1,844
    edited December 1969

If it shows up in the parameters tab but not in the shaping tab then it's been done "poorly".

With Genesis selected open the Property Editor, find the morph that isn't showing up and right click it, select "settings" and then "Presentation", near the top of the new window you'll see "Content Type", the line under that needs to say "Modifier/Shape" for it to show up in the shaping tab, you'll be able to change it as long as DS4 and the CMS are talking to each other, if their not it's a text editor.

You now need to write your changes into the file, you do that using the Property editors options menu (top corner of each tab, little triangle with 4 white lines), and select "save modified assets", or by going "File > Save as > Support Asset > Save modified assets".

• patience55patience55 Posts: 7,006
    edited December 1969

? Thought one needed to create metadata for it to show up there.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,822
    edited December 1969

No, as long as its properties are set correctly it will show in the pane. The preset tabs depend on metadata.

• BerBuzBerBuz Posts: 64
    edited December 1969

Thanks to you,
    Yes, if the file is correct (properties are set correctly) DS will display it in the right pane. In my case group information was not accurate; Bejaymac’s advice helped a lot.:-)
    Regards,
    Bernard

• patience55patience55 Posts: 7,006
    edited December 1969

Okay :-) Nice to learn new things.