How about a MASS Genesis SALE now that DSON has been released?

TimoteoTimoteo Posts: 63
edited December 1969 in The Commons

What do you say "Powers at Daz"? For those of us that had to forgo all those Genesis sales because we didn't use DazStudio? Would nice to see a "DSON Celebration/Catchup" sale sometime in the near future.

Just a thought ...

Comments

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,550
    edited December 1969

LOL, always next year ;-)

You are already getting the importer for free, LOL.

• T JaimanT Jaiman Posts: 560
    edited October 2012

A bunch of the stuff, in the DSON catagory, is on sale for PC members.

That's not much help for non-PC members, but at least it's an unexpected value for the Poser users, in the PC, who've been waiting for October's sales.

Since I'm a PC member who prefers DS4, but has PP2012, this does cast a different light on the PC value.

Post edited by T Jaiman on
  • LaschaeLaschae Posts: 111
    edited December 1969

How much of a difference in price is there between PC and non-PC (I see 30% off) ? I forget as I cancelled my PC 6 months ago because I really wasn't buying PC stuff.

edited December 1969

Most of the Daz Originals, in the DSON catagory, show 58% off at the moment (And 30% off when I don't log in).

There may be a DSON promotion, or something else, I can't keep up with all the sales gimmicks they've been coming up with this month.

A few are 79% or 71%, or such, for whatever random reason.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,668
    edited December 1969

The PC base discount on DAZ items is 40% for this month, usually it's 30%

• SickleYieldSickleYield Posts: 7,629
    edited December 1969

Oh no! Here comes the DAZ wallet vaccuum again!

VROOOOOOOM Suddenly there are 13 items in my cart.

It's tragic,I tell you.

• JasmineSkunkJasmineSkunk Posts: 1,872
    edited December 1969

It's tragic,I tell you.

This is gonna be so much fun to watch! I'm glued to my chair this week-end!!! :)

• SickleYieldSickleYield Posts: 7,629
    edited December 1969

It's tragic,I tell you.

This is gonna be so much fun to watch! I'm glued to my chair this week-end!!! :)

They updated a lot of the PC prop set installers to include .daz formats, meaning I can now load them without hours of material tweaking. No, Parkside! Spare me!

VROOOOM

• jestmartjestmart Posts: 4,449
    edited December 1969

We just had one big sale last month and are currently in another this month. Then with the holidays coming up it may be better for DAZ to take a breather, get things finalized then have a big Genesis relaunch event in January or February.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

jestmart said:
    We just had one big sale last month and are currently in another this month. Then with the holidays coming up it may be better for DAZ to take a breather, get things finalized then have a big Genesis relaunch event in January or February.

Breather between sales? What is this breather of which you speak?

• DAZ_KevinDAZ_Kevin Posts: 2,420
    edited December 1969

To Clarify... all the DSON importer ready stuff is ~58% off for PC members and 30% off for non members. Unless you are not buying much, it is worth joining to get the additional discount.

edited October 2012

You should mention there's 92 of those Genesis items in the DSON catagory, at that 58% off. (5 are PC-$1.99'ers).

Some of those are also in a 70% sale category, and showing 58%, there, today. So there's a chance they'll be back to 70% tomorrow.

And most of those 70% categories have Genesis items. Those which aren't DSON now, will be updated soon, so you'd just reset download.

The categories don't last long, so there's hope for several more of them.

An then there's the Genesis PC-$1.99'ers, themselves.

And, while this Oct. hasn't been as good as previous, there's a lot of sales going on this month, including the Members Choice - 5 Daz Originals dropped to $1.99. (We get the 2nd round winners tomorrow, and may squeeze two more rounds). Those are pre-Genesis.

So yeah, this would be a good month to get a monthly subscription.

Post edited by T Jaiman on
  • MattymanxMattymanx Posts: 6,879
    edited December 1969

It's tragic,I tell you.

*sniff* I have 29 items.

• Mr Gneiss GuyMr Gneiss Guy Posts: 462
    edited December 1969

There may well be other promotions as more items get converted. It wouldn't surprise me. I think a lot of the Poser users will like Genesis, it's not perfect, but I like it very much so far with my experience with it in DS. I just wish I had more time to build scenes and render these days. :down:

• TimbalesTimbales Posts: 2,243
    edited December 1969

I just picked up Lily Harajuku Bundle, SciFi Renegade, Shadow Warrior, V5 Summer Set, Aussie Girl Outfit and Casual Afternoon for Genesis for $9.44 using my two PC coupons. That's $129.70 worth of stuff for less than 10% of the list price. I don't think you can do a better sale than that.