DAZ Studio 4.5.1.6 is now available

DAZ_BrianDAZ_Brian Posts: 345
edited January 2013 in Daz Studio Discussion

DAZ Studio has been updated to version 4.5.1.6.

DAZ 3D Plugins that were available for version 4.5.0.114 were updated but will NOT need to be updated (re-downloaded) since they are compatible with this new version.

This release contains numerous bug fixes and other enhancements - including support for the DSON Importer for Poser. See the change log for more details. The Genesis Essentials Starter Bundle (default Genesis content) has also been updated to support this release but is not required to download for users of version 4.5.0.114.

The new version of DAZ Studio is available here.

Post edited by rbtwhiz on

Comments

• inquireinquire Posts: 2,087
    edited December 1969

Which version of the Genesis Starter Essentials is NOT required for users of DAZStudio v 4.0.5.114? I've downloaded 14812_GenesisStarterEssentials_1.6_trx.zip, and also 14812_GenesisStarterEssentialsPoserCF_1.6_dpc.zip, as well as
    DSON_Importer_for_Poser_1.0.0.9_Mac64.zip. Yep, I'm a Mac user. I'm guessing its the first of these Genesis Starter Essentials --
    14812_GenesisStarterEssentials_1.6_trx.zip --
    that is already installed if one is using DAZStudio v 4.0.5.114. Is this correct?

• RenpatsuRenpatsu Posts: 828
    edited December 1969

According to the post below the MetaData had been updated in the GenesisStarterEssentials 1.6 and the DAZ Studio Pro 4.5.0.137 beta came with a lesser version number. So there is at least some update (even if potentially marginal, depending on your use of MetaData):

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/9405/P15/#130766

• inquireinquire Posts: 2,087
    edited December 1969

So, are you saying that the Genesis Starter Essentials should be Uninstalled and the newer version installed? I guess this is what you mean.

edited December 1969

Like DAZ_BHowell wrote:

"The Genesis Essentials Starter Bundle (default Genesis content) has also been updated to support this release but is not required to download for users of version 4.5.0.114."

You can get away with not installing the Genesis Essentials Starter Bundle and it would still work with your current essentials. I'd wager most updates of the Genesis Essentials Starter Bundle were done due to the Poser support.

If you want to download and install the new essentials is to your liking, especially since the essentials bundle is a rather large download (450MB-ish)

• SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited October 2012

and don't forget Dynamic Clothing Control has also been updated and will not reset with the DS4.5.1.6 downloads. You will have to reset this manually if you bought the plug-in.

Post edited by Szark on
  • DavidGBDavidGB Posts: 565
    edited December 1969

Oh no, not again.

Just like the last beta, when the installer runs the uninstaller for the previous version, the uninstaller errors and crashes, followed by the installer crashing.

Unlike the last beta, there's no option to install without uninstalling so I am now completely stuck, unable to install.

I wasn't the only person who posted about the problem with the uninstall on the last beta, so one might have thought DAZ would have fixed the issue, Instead, they've made it worse. Who was the smart person who decided to take the option not to uninstall out of the unistaller? They can come over here and fix my install.

edited October 2012

Are you on Windows? If you are can't you uninstall through the Control Panel > Uninstall Programs?

After reading those same woes you refer to I now uninstall Daz Studio, Genesis Starter Essentials and the plug-ins first, Restart the computer (don't know if it helps) then install the new.

All the content is working but I haven't rendered anything yet. ;)

Post edited by Szark on
  • JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited October 2012

DavidGB said:
    Oh no, not again.

Just like the last beta, when the installer runs the uninstaller for the previous version, the uninstaller errors and crashes, followed by the installer crashing.

Unlike the last beta, there's no option to install without uninstalling so I am now completely stuck, unable to install.

I wasn't the only person who posted about the problem with the uninstall on the last beta, so one might have thought DAZ would have fixed the issue, Instead, they've made it worse. Who was the smart person who decided to take the option not to uninstall out of the unistaller? They can come over here and fix my install.

Are you Mac or PC? Nevermind, Szark got here first.
    Post edited by Jaderail on
  • DavidGBDavidGB Posts: 565
    edited December 1969

Windows 7. The first crashed uninstall did manage somehow to wipe out the .dat file for the uninstaller, so on any subsequent attempts to install the uninstall failed again, this time erroring on the lack of the .dat file. And every time the uninstall fails for any reason, the installer itself crashes the moment control is returned to it by my acknowledging the failure of the uninstall.

This whole DAZ install/uninstall method is so unrobust I could cry. It is just so pathetic.

There should be an option to install without uninstalling, to deal with cases when the uninstall fails.

And the installer should not crash immediately following the failure of an uninstall.

This really isn't rocket science. Just basic, for heaven's sake. Build in some flipping robustness. Don't just assume every step will succeed so when one step fails the whole thing goes tits up.

This happened, and I reported it, virtually every DS 4 beta before the first DS4 public release. And since the public release and my demotion to the ranks of the plebs, it's kept on happening every public version and public beta of DS 4 and DS4.5 too.

Hello? Anyone listening? Well, I was never listened to as a tester, all my open bug reports were closed awhile ago even though I kept adding notes the bugs were still there (and no, I am NOT going to type them all out again in a new bug tracker - typing hurts, and you could have damn well migrated the open bugs, or checked them yourselves instead of just closing them), so I don't suppose I'll be listened to as a mere customer.

Yes, I've got it to install by going into my Program Files and manually deleting the broken uninstaller .exe. A user SHOULD NOT NEED TO DO THAT.

Then the installer ran to completion - but threw up an error message about a problem installing the CMS.

AGAIN.

JUST LIKE LAST BETA INSTALL AND THE ONE BEFORE.

Good thing i don't use the CMS - though ti would be nice to have it just in case I ever want it.

It would be REALLY NICE if DAZ actually spent some time fixing things, instead of just releasing new things (some broken) while leaving all the broken stuff unfixed. It would be ESPECIALLY NICE if, for the first time ever in all the beta and public versions of DS 4 and DS 4.5 JUST ONE would actually install without crashes of installers and uninstallers and error messages about parts of the install process and me needing to go rooting through the Program Files folders to find and delete things just to get the bloody thing to install.

edited December 1969

I other thing I forgot to mention I never ever install Daz Studio or Content in to Program files, ever. It was a habit I got into with DS3 and since then my issues have been few. Yes I have had a few install/uninstall problems a while back like this but since I follow those steps I haven't had any issues at all when installing an update. And I don't mean to demean your issues David and I am sorry I can't help. The only thing I can suggest is that we keep up with reporting bugs via the bug tracking site.

ALL am I having is memory issues...still. :)

• Zev0Zev0 Posts: 7,038
    edited October 2012

Please tell me we dont have to update any plugins and that they work just like in 4.5

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • Mari-AnneMari-Anne Posts: 363
    edited December 1969

Do I need to turn off The Content Management Service while I install 4.5.1.6?

edited December 1969

I was on the 4.5.0.137 beta version before and did not update any plugins nor shaders for this new version. So far so good and no plugin complains, so e.g. dynamic cloth control, infinito, and GenX work still.

• Zev0Zev0 Posts: 7,038
    edited December 1969

Excellent

• ytetsuytetsu Posts: 46
    edited December 1969

Plugins version that included DS4Pro downloads:
    Decimator 1.3.1.6
    GoZ 1.2.1.6
    3DBridge 1.2.1.6

Plugins versions that reset from order history:
    Mimic Live 1.2.1.6
    Dynamic Clothing Control 1.2.1.6

• bighbigh Posts: 8,147
    edited December 1969

works great so far :-)

• Canary3dCanary3d Posts: 2,004
    edited December 1969

What happens if you install into a fresh directory that is not under Program Files?

• Kendall SearsKendall Sears Posts: 2,995
    edited December 1969

DS 4.5.1.6 runs in Wine with no problems.

Kendall

• Dream CutterDream Cutter Posts: 1,222
    edited October 2012

Daz3D - THANK YOU :)

For promises kept with Genesis Meets Poser and the New DS 4.5.1! Its AWESOME :)

Post edited by Dream Cutter on
  • kitakoredazkitakoredaz Posts: 3,526
    edited December 1969

about compatibility of AMD graphic driver,
    I can not use Open GL render in ds 4.5 beta and 4.5.1 product .

show alert window about access violation, then ds must shut down
    when I use some shader for material though there is daz default light only..

DAZStudio.exe caused ACCESS_VIOLATION in module "C:\Windows\system32\atio6axx.dll" at 0033:00000000691B1A4C, DrvPresentBuffers()+7073468 byte(s)

I am radeon HD 6870 user,
    then hope answer and report from same radeon user.or getting same problem.
    which CCT version is best?

I send report mantis already..

edited October 2012

DAZStudio.exe caused ACCESS_VIOLATION in module "C:\Windows\system32\atio6axx.dll" at 0033:00000000691B1A4C, DrvPresentBuffers()+7073468 byte(s)

ATI's understanding of OpenGL standards is shaky at best. The first thing you should do is update the drivers to the very latest available.

Minecraft is having the exact same error. As is Cinema4D. Do a google search on "atio6axx.dll DrvPresentBuffers" and you'll see that the problem is all over.

Kendall

Post edited by Kendall Sears on
  • artistb3artistb3 Posts: 188
    edited December 1969

DavidGB said:
    Windows 7. The first crashed uninstall did manage somehow to wipe out the .dat file for the uninstaller, so on any subsequent attempts to install the uninstall failed again, this time erroring on the lack of the .dat file. And every time the uninstall fails for any reason, the installer itself crashes the moment control is returned to it by my acknowledging the failure of the uninstall.

This whole DAZ install/uninstall method is so unrobust I could cry. It is just so pathetic.

There should be an option to install without uninstalling, to deal with cases when the uninstall fails.

And the installer should not crash immediately following the failure of an uninstall.

This really isn't rocket science. Just basic, for heaven's sake. Build in some flipping robustness. Don't just assume every step will succeed so when one step fails the whole thing goes tits up.

This happened, and I reported it, virtually every DS 4 beta before the first DS4 public release. And since the public release and my demotion to the ranks of the plebs, it's kept on happening every public version and public beta of DS 4 and DS4.5 too.

Hello? Anyone listening? Well, I was never listened to as a tester, all my open bug reports were closed awhile ago even though I kept adding notes the bugs were still there (and no, I am NOT going to type them all out again in a new bug tracker - typing hurts, and you could have damn well migrated the open bugs, or checked them yourselves instead of just closing them), so I don't suppose I'll be listened to as a mere customer.

Yes, I've got it to install by going into my Program Files and manually deleting the broken uninstaller .exe. A user SHOULD NOT NEED TO DO THAT.

Then the installer ran to completion - but threw up an error message about a problem installing the CMS.

AGAIN.

Good thing i don't use the CMS - though ti would be nice to have it just in case I ever want it.

It would be REALLY NICE if DAZ actually spent some time fixing things, instead of just releasing new things (some broken) while leaving all the broken stuff unfixed. It would be ESPECIALLY NICE if, for the first time ever in all the beta and public versions of DS 4 and DS 4.5 JUST ONE would actually install without crashes of installers and uninstallers and error messages about parts of the install process and me needing to go rooting through the Program Files folders to find and delete things just to get the bloody thing to install.

Crazed. I got the same problem. It appears to be an issue with the Remove-DAZStudio4_Win64.exe that was installed with the 4.5.0 release. Windows reports "...is not a valid Win32 application" when trying to run it directly.

After attempting to run the 4.5.1.6 installer, DAZ studio no longer even appears in the Control Panel list of installed programs (registry now screwed up?). Not possible to uninstall using any standard method that I can see. This is so pathetic and also so typical of DAZ. Before trying anything else, would be useful to find out what others have successfully done to get this to work.

edited December 1969

artistb3 said:
    DavidGB said:

AGAIN.

Crazed. I got the same problem. It appears to be an issue with the Remove-DAZStudio4_Win64.exe that was installed with the 4.5.0 release. Windows reports "...is not a valid Win32 application" when trying to run it directly.

After attempting to run the 4.5.1.6 installer, DAZ studio no longer even appears in the Control Panel list of installed programs (registry now screwed up?). Not possible to uninstall using any standard method that I can see. This is so pathetic and also so typical of DAZ. Before trying anything else, would be useful to find out what others have successfully done to get this to work.

I've installed 4.5.1.6 on numerous machines: XP/32, XP/64, Vista/32, Vista/64, Win7/32,Win7/64,MacOS and Linux/Wine. No problems. Start the investigation on a Windows problem on your machine. It is likely that you have something interfering with the process.

Kendall

edited December 1969

Kendallsea, I have already updated Catalyst very latest t driver.

Catalyst 12.8

of course I know, if it can work newest driveri is best .

edited December 1969

Kendallsea, I have already updated Catalyst very latest t driver.

Catalyst 12.8

of course I know, if it can work newest driveri is best .

Just verifying that you are up to date. The problem is in ATI's code. Nothing DAZ or anyone else can do right now. Also, some in other groups have stated that the problem can be traced to faulty hardware. I don't personally agree with that reasoning in this case. I think the problem is a problem in the ATI drivers.

Everything from JavaGL to Cinema4D is choking on the ATI dll. That is not a good thing.

Kendall

edited December 1969

artistb3 said:
    DavidGB said:

AGAIN.

Some additional information. Just information and I don't recommend anyone else do this as I may regret my haste. In any case, I renamed the Remove-DAZStudio4_Win64.exe in Program Files\DAZ 3D\DAZStudio4\Uninstallers to Remove-DAZStudio4_Win64.exe.bak and re-ran the 4.5.1.6 installer. It installed. However, since an uninstaller did not run for the previous version, I do not know what impact this may have. I will probably run the uninstall and then re-install before proceeding.

Previous post indicates that this problem was reported during beta testing. If it is the same problem, there is simply no valid excuse for not fixing it prior to the general release of 4.5. Period.

• stump3point1stump3point1 Posts: 139
    edited October 2012

I'm experiencing the same problem again with this update here is what I posted before:

stumpc said:
    After loadiing up DS 4.5 and rendering an old scene I think I found a bug in the Open GL GLSL render setting( stage 3 on the render slider). The program crashes and needs to be restarted. I'm running : Windows Vista™ Home Premium
    Version 6.0.6002 Service Pack 2
    AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 5200+, 2600 Mhz
    Physical Memory (RAM) 8.00 GB
    NVIDIA GeForce GT 430
    Display Driver 3.06.23. And I get this error and crash: WARNING: interface\dialogs\dzbasicdialog.cpp(164): No parent specified for DzBasicDialog!
    Rendering in OpenGL...
    Compile failed on OpenGL Default Material Shaders, rendering without GLSL. I tried it with DS 4.0.3.47 and did not have any problems. As far as I can tell I'm up to date on display drivers so it may be a bug. I haven't read through all of this thread so bear with me but I'm wondering if there are others with the same problem or if they are working on it. Thank's in advance my friends. Addendum: I also get this in the crash Message: DAZStudio.exe caused ACCESS_VIOLATION in module "C:\Windows\system32\nvoglv32.dll" at 0023:63B27DF4 The nvogl32.dll is an Nvida module so something needs to be addressed there, I also loaded and tried Firery Scene 2 and got the same crash. I reset the 3D setting for DS 4.5 in the Nvidia control panel and it still crashes. After reading threads I saw where some shaders may be a problem which is why I loaded the new ready to render scene and am still having problems. Has Anybody else had this problem?

I'll Ask this again, has any body else had this problem or can try this for me .
    Once again thank's in advance.

It seems to be still conflicting with the NVidia Open GL driver, If you can please report this to the bug tracker.

Post edited by stump3point1 on
    edited December 1969

artistb3 said:
    DavidGB said:

AGAIN.

I've installed 4.5.1.6 on numerous machines: XP/32, XP/64, Vista/32, Vista/64, Win7/32,Win7/64,MacOS and Linux/Wine. No problems. Start the investigation on a Windows problem on your machine. It is likely that you have something interfering with the process.

Kendall

I have installed hundreds of applications on various machines over the years. Very rarely had any issue with an installer. However, in every case, it came down to an issue with the installer and not with the system.

I have installed all of the DS4 updates over the past year without issue until now. At this point, I am quite confident This is a DAZ problem and not a Windows problem.

In over 30 years of developing software, one of the things that I know from experience is that just because it works on system A and not on system B, does not automatically mean that root cause lies with system B. It means that the software process better be robust enough to determine exactly what the root cause is when reported. Too often, wishful thinking combined with "...well, it works on my machine so the problem must be with yours..." will result in defects getting overlooked.

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited December 1969

DS 4.5.1.6 runs in Wine with no problems.

Kendall

Is that with or without the redraw 'fix'?

edited December 1969

kendalsea, ,:blank:

I have no idea to talk about compatibility with so many online games and 3D tools when I talk about one online game and that forum.
    there seems no difference when talk about daz studio and video card

I just want to know I can use newest daz studio by my PC ATI graphic card with driver.
    if I can not, want to know what driver is best. or I must need change the graphic card for new daz studio.
    if I want

actually I could Open GL render (but seldom I use it, so it is not so important for me)
    ,with my ATI graphic card in 4.0.3. I had not changed my graphic card, only updated daz studio and driver.

and daz can announce the compatibility with graphic card, if daz know whati is the true user service.

is there any discribe about compatibility with ATI graphic card ?

Now I become angry about this problem, so I decide my all anger throw to AMD support :vampire: