why did it vanish?

DecoyboyDecoyboy Posts: 491
edited December 1969 in The Commons

Hello all,

A few days ago there was a new towel for genesis (V5/M5), but now it is gone. I was going to get it, but had to leave so i left the page open and when i finally got back to it, a few days later, it gave me a 404 error. now i cannot find it in the store. just the "Before Poses". anyone know why?

Thank you for your help and time.

Comments

• CypherFOXCypherFOX Posts: 3,401
    edited December 1969

Greetings,
    You're right. It used to be here: http://www.daz3d.com/shop/towel-set-for-genesis but it's gone. I bought it, I have it, and it works... I wonder what happened.

Hopefully it'll come back; it's definitely nice, and worth getting. All I can guess is that they found some problem with it. I haven't done any actual renders with it yet, so I can't say there's any problems, but you should keep an eye out for it returning.

-- Morgan

• ByrdieByrdie Posts: 1,775
    edited October 2012

Other things also seem to be missing. I just browsed a V5 page that had this note: This Product is compatible with Poser via the DSON Importer for Poser. But when I clickied the linky to said importer the page came up 404. It was the main V5 product page so I'm confused if that's an old link that got borked somehow or if something new's about to be added but not ready just yet.

Btw, if anybody knows what shoes V5 is wearing in the promo pic there (it's the first one you see of her under the People category) please point me at 'em. There are so few high heels for Genesis and I'm constantly on the lookout for sexy shoes.

EDIT: Just got the newsletter about that importer. Whooooopieee!!! Genesis here I come!

Post edited by Byrdie on
  • fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

Byrdie said:
    Other things also seem to be missing. I just browsed a V5 page that had this note: This Product is compatible with Poser via the DSON Importer for Poser. But when I clickied the linky to said importer the page came up 404. It was the main V5 product page so I'm confused if that's an old link that got borked somehow or if something new's about to be added but not ready just yet.

Btw, if anybody knows what shoes V5 is wearing in the promo pic there (it's the first one you see of her under the People category) please point me at 'em. There are so few high heels for Genesis and I'm constantly on the lookout for sexy shoes.

Just went live: http://www.daz3d.com/shop/dson-importer-for-poser

• ByrdieByrdie Posts: 1,775
    edited December 1969

Found and carted! If this does what it sez on the tin boy am I gonna be broke! ;-)

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,835
    edited December 1969

Materials are the main issue, though things that relied on smoothing or collision detection may need some work with the Morph brush (that's the smoothing modifier, SubD is supported).

• LindseyLindsey Posts: 1,984
    edited December 1969

Cypherfox said:
    Greetings,
    You're right. It used to be here: http://www.daz3d.com/shop/towel-set-for-genesis but it's gone. I bought it, I have it, and it works... I wonder what happened.

Hopefully it'll come back; it's definitely nice, and worth getting. All I can guess is that they found some problem with it. I haven't done any actual renders with it yet, so I can't say there's any problems, but you should keep an eye out for it returning.

-- Morgan

DAZ_Ryan said in the Member's Choice thread recently the Towel Set for Genesis was available for last weekend only. I'm assuming Royal Guardsman for Michael 5 was in the same boat too. Glad I got them after the PC discount issue was fixed!

• DecoyboyDecoyboy Posts: 491
    edited December 1969

thank you for the answers. I must have missed the limited time offer on the towel set. That's a bummer. Thanks again though. maybe poser pro 2012 will go on sale.