where to find more free 3d models

browngod2002browngod2002 Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in New Users

I am new to Daz 3d and would like to know where I can find more free 3d models. I downloaded some but they don't go inside teh program and I don't know how to bring them in. Can someone please help?

Comments

• MedzinMedzin Posts: 337
    edited December 1969

What you can bring in is subject to capability of program.
    Maybe you can start off with example of naming object you have problem with

• browngod2002browngod2002 Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I downloaded some models and they don't install into the same directory as the other plugins I downloaded and I was wondering if any one knew of a place where I can get some free character models from

edited December 1969

try sharecg, they have enough freebies to keep you busy for quite a while

http://www.sharecg.com/

edited December 1969

thank you that was what I was looking for. If I download a model with the file ext dz2 will daz recognize it?

edited December 1969

there is file that is pz2, if that is what you mean.

edited December 1969

yes where do I put them

edited December 1969

since I don't know what you have, I can't give instruction

Generally speaking, these will be in a ZIP file with a top level folder called "Runtime".
    You should unzip to the folder above "runtime" in your DAZ Studio installation.
    The installed files should be in content folder under "poser format"

edited October 2012

they are in a zip file that I got from Sgacity and they have a folder called content/Sgacity/a3_erin.daz and I don't know where to put the files. And some have runtime so I should put the runtime files from the zip into the runtime files in daz studio?

Post edited by browngod2002 on
  • patience55patience55 Posts: 7,006
    edited December 1969

The "Content" folder has been renamed "My Library" ... so yes files for Daz Studio for the "content" folder simply now go into "My Library".

And yes the ones inside a "Runtime" can go into the existing Runtime folder.

Keep in mind that some items written for the programs of 5 years ago may not work in today's programs.
    Also a lot of freeware was packaged under a different set of guidelines and may need a little tlc to get working correctly.

http://www.sharecg.com/v/18885/view/21/DAZ-Studio/Erin-for-A3

It's okay to post the links to the products ;-)

edited December 1969

TY so I just put the files into the runtime folder and that is all? I didn't rember the link but thank you. You guys have been a big help this is my first time using this kind of program and I hope I am not asking dumb questions.

edited December 1969

In practice, you can put a .daz file anywhere because it is a scene file. I personally keep all my saved scenes outside of DS.

On the file you mentioned, a3_erin, it will not work unless you all have Aiko 3 installed for starters.