Burned/scarred M4 or M5 textures?

RiggswolfeRiggswolfe Posts: 899
edited December 1969 in The Commons

I've been thinking of doing a render very similar to a Freddy Krueger style character. I have a burned man skin from Most Digital Creations and it is pretty good but not quite what I had in mind. That is more of a supernatural still burning still skin whereas I'm looking for something that is a burn victim with scars style render like Freddy. Does anyone know of any?

Comments

• RawArtRawArt Posts: 5,747
    edited December 1969

Not really a freddy kruger, but it could work as burned

http://www.daz3d.com/shop/good-as-dead-2-plague

• RiggswolfeRiggswolfe Posts: 899
    edited December 1969

RawArt said:
    Not really a freddy kruger, but it could work as burned

http://www.daz3d.com/shop/good-as-dead-2-plague

It's added to my wishlist. I just picked up Smay's new zombie texture and with tweaking I might be able to make it work somehow. I've got a render in mind for some characters for an RPG I do with my friends. One of which is your new Vodoo character who looks amazing right out of the box.

edited December 1969

I am also looking at this skin texture from Runtime DNA. It's sort of moving towards what I had in mind.

http://www.runtimedna.com/Ankou.html

• edited December 1969

No texture, unfortunatly, but if you're using Daz 4.5 and Genesis, this morph may interest you a bit: http://www.sharecg.com/v/64687/view/21/DAZ-Studio/Genesis-Burned-or-Distorted-Morph---Full-Body

edited December 1969

Interesting. I am going to download it and maybe play around a bit. Thanks Ebahr.

edited December 1969

Alright, so, using the free morph, the zombies, and a shader I got the following render. What does everyone think?

Burned_test_2.jpg
    763 x 908 - 289K
  • edited December 1969

Very cool. :) I'm liking it.

edited December 1969

Here is an alternate attempt using the Ankou texture for M4. There is a seam on the shoulder for some reason but since the render won't be of a naked or shirtless man that probably wouldn't matter. Thoughts? One versus the other?

Burn_test_3.jpg
    763 x 908 - 316K
  • edited December 1969

Personally, I prefer the first one..But that's just my own opinion :)
    Also, if you want a touch of meat, here's a meaty testure for the Burned morph: http://www.sharecg.com/v/65079/view/21/DAZ-Studio/Genesis-Meaty-Texture-for-Burned-Morph . You may be able to use bits of it and overlay it, or something. Have fun :)

edited December 1969

Thank you! I'm going to eat some dinner and play around with that. That texture might be a bit much but we'll see!

edited December 1969

Alright, I tried the meaty texture. It didn't look very good even with the shader IMO. I also tried that Ankou texture again but this time I realized that since it was a poser texture I needed to edit some stuff, including removing the 'wrinkly' texture from the zombie skin.

Burned_test_Ankou.jpg
    763 x 908 - 279K
    Meaty_burned_zombie.jpg
    763 x 908 - 294K
  • edited December 1969

Of those two, I'd prefer the second- The shoulder seam is still visible, but it's easy enough to fix that in post work, if needed.
    One of these days, when I have a good block of time to spare, I'll put together a burned texture that is a bit less cartoony looking, and more on the subtle range w/ bumps. Unfortunately, time just isn't allowing it right now :/ It looks like things are coming together well in your project though- looking forward to seeing the final renders :)

edited October 2012

Final renders are a way off. I'm still playing with it and just had the idea to see how the "Meaty Texture" would look if I converted it to a displacement mat instead with another texture as the main skin. Ironically, the character I'm doing this for will in most renders be covered nearly head-to-toe in an outfit that will use the old CIS M3 clothing set combined with a few M4 clothes.

Edit: Meaty texture as displacement was a bust. It looks like he's got a body made out of brains sort of. Lol. Out of curiousity what search did you use to find those on ShareCG? I searched for things like 'burned' but never found those.

Post edited by Riggswolfe on
  • mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited December 1969

It was put up today...that's probably why you missed it.

edited December 1969

I actually searched during this thread. I must not have done something correctly in the searches.

• edited December 1969

Edit: Meaty texture as displacement was a bust. It looks like he's got a body made out of brains sort of. Lol. Out of curiousity what search did you use to find those on ShareCG? I searched for things like 'burned' but never found those.

Odd, it should show up under burned, I included that as one of the key words for it.. Not sure why it didn't find it. Granted, the only keywords I used were Freddy, Genesis, and Burned in the Daz Studio category..LOL.

edited December 1969

Ok. Here is a nearly final render with some LIE wound stuff added and clothing and hair. I used Sickleyields prop that lets you try to fit hair under a hat in this render and it worked pretty well.

BurnTest_Ankou_Bruised.jpg
    763 x 908 - 274K
  • edited December 1969

I used Sickleyields prop that lets you try to fit hair under a hat in this render and it worked pretty well.

Very cool. Which prop is it that you're refering to there, though? I haven't run across that, and it sounds interesting.
    I'm liking the look of that image so far, has kind of a horror / scarecrow/boondox / haunted western feel in it. Very cool :)

edited December 1969

The prop is sold on Rendo I believe. Just got to Rendorosity and look at Sickleyields store. It is basically a conforming thing that fits to your head. You then attach the hair to it and it has morphs to fit it under hats. Once you're done you make the prop invisible and you're good to go.

Ironically this character is not supposed to be a villain. He's just someone who was in a horrible explosion/accident.

edited December 1969

I refined the skin and such a bit more by playing with displacement settings. The detail is much higher now though it may not show here in the forums.

BurnedAdept1.jpg
    763 x 908 - 296K
  • edited December 1969

Once I clicked the thumbnail for a larger view, the detail really popped. That is looking awesome so far.
    And TY for the info on that prop- checked it out over at Rendo, interesting stuff. It looks like it could be quite useful :)
    Not sure if this will be any use on this project, but if you ever need, the Burned morph/texture at ShareCG has been revamped as Burned Villain: http://www.sharecg.com/v/65101/view/21/DAZ-Studio/Genesis-Burned-Villian-FB-Morph-+-Texture-DS-4.5 .

BurnedVillianThumb.jpg
    272 x 282 - 49K
    BurnedVillian2sml.jpg
    432 x 600 - 74K
    edited December 1969

Thanks. I downloaded it and will probably take a look at least.