New character by Mutedbanshee- RIPped for M4

Lissa_xyzLissa_xyz Posts: 6,116
edited June 2012 in The Commons

I could go broke on this girls stuff alone. It's on sale for $6.66 (appropriate) until 6/24/2012. If you don't like gore, I don't suggest looking.

http://www.runtimedna.com/RIPped.html

The free hat referenced in the products used I think is this one for anyone interested: http://www.mutedbanshee.com/free_download.php?file_id=6&type=3

(Posted to commons and not commercial as I'm not the vendor nor am I associated with them- I only love their stuff)

Post edited by Lissa_xyz on

Comments

• TheGreyTheGrey Posts: 25
    edited December 1969

Those are wild. I hate that creepy clown texture though (As if I didn't like clowns enough all ready, had to see that, LOL)

• SickleYieldSickleYield Posts: 7,629
    edited December 1969

It's a great looking set. I LOVE that shredded mouth.

It looks like RDNA allows the same ambiguity Rendo used to, though. How do you tell whether an RDNA product has .dsa mats or they're just claiming compatibility because of .pz2s?

• Lissa_xyzLissa_xyz Posts: 6,116
    edited June 2012

Going by previous products, I'm going to assume there are no DS specific mats included with RIPped. My other stuff by her are all pz2 files.

• BeaBea Posts: 743
    edited December 1969

It does say at the bottm of the page that it is DS compatible and that does mean that it has been tested by DS users.

edited December 1969

Bea said:
    It does say at the bottm of the page that it is DS compatible and that does mean that it has been tested by DS users.

Yes, but "tested by DS users' or "tested in DS' generally means they loaded it up and made sure it didn't crash, not that it won't look terrible in render (which, without .dsa mats made in DS, it absolutely will).

That doesn't mean it's not worth buying, though, especially on sale. For a price that low it might be worth the extra hour or so to do my own real shaders for the textures. It's just mildly irritating that vendors are allowed to state things that way rather than being forced to say "it contains the following file types and not these others."

Or does RDNA have a downloadable readme with a file list for each item like Rendo does, and I just missed it? I've certainly made that kind of mistake before. :D

edited June 2012

I'll be the first to admit that lighting is my achilles heel. I did this using IG's Photostudio 1. I think I used Lights 2 with the 2-1 Key-Fill ratio @ 70%.

I'll be honest, imo he doesn't look terrible. There is an ugly seam created though between the face and the back of the head when ubersurface is applied.

That blur in the mouth/wound areas bugs me a little, though.

/edit
    Reuploaded image. Didn't know about the 800 height (thought it was just width that mattered).

RIPped_daz.jpg
    525 x 700 - 258K
    edited December 1969

No, that does look pretty nice. Is that with included bump settings?

edited December 1969

Yes. He comes with both diffuse and bump maps with bump strength set.

edited December 1969

Definitely sounds worth it, then.

edited December 1969

A lot of hers and Andi3ds characters are. I already had Funnyman, Lochlan, Stan, Nibbler, and now this one. I may go ahead and grab Lord Morchir also. This one is the only one I haven't converted to Genesis yet.

• jakibluejakiblue Posts: 7,281
    edited December 1969

Vaskania said:
    A lot of hers and Andi3ds characters are. I already had Funnyman, Lochlan, Stan, Nibbler, and now this one. I may go ahead and grab Lord Morchir also. This one is the only one I haven't converted to Genesis yet.

the teeth/mouth wound is on the face texture, isn't it? so you'd be rendering him with his mouth closed all the time? I'm just curious, cos I think she does the most AWESOME scary/weird/whacked out textures (which is my fave). And the texture would work on genesis if it's a M4 texture....it's very tempting. I'm dying to get that clown of hers - clowns scare the beegeezus out of me, and I'd love to render her clown along with Oskarrson's Noddy (that one makes me cry when I load it LOL)

• edited June 2012

Hello all ..

Thankyou Vaskania. you are so sweet..I have PMed you here also :)

I don't create specific D|S Files but they are all Tested in D|s 3+ and alot of the Folks that use our packs are only D|S users..
    We try to make these work across the different Programs..No SSS shaders or weird Nodes..Just basic settings
    I put the work into the Texture/BUMPs and DISP Maps rather than relying on Nodes and Shaders..

I am not a D|S user so it would be unfair of me to include any D|S settings, because if you had any issue's i am unable to come up with answers to help..

You can always PM me or Email me if you need any info on any of our products..

Have a wonderful day all
    Smiles
    T
    :)

hehe I'm a new member after all these years..shame it can't wipe some actual years of my age aswell hehe

ps..ThankYOU Bea sweetness (hugs)

Post edited by Occultimatum_e73518942a on
    edited June 2012

jakiblue said:
    Vaskania said:

the teeth/mouth wound is on the face texture, isn't it? so you'd be rendering him with his mouth closed all the time? I'm just curious, cos I think she does the most AWESOME scary/weird/whacked out textures (which is my fave). And the texture would work on genesis if it's a M4 texture....it's very tempting. I'm dying to get that clown of hers - clowns scare the beegeezus out of me, and I'd love to render her clown along with Oskarrson's Noddy (that one makes me cry when I load it LOL)
    They are, but you can still open it's mouth. When you open your mouth, your teeth move too, so it's really no different than just having a transmapped facial texture showing the actual teeth.

You do have to re-add the original inner mouth textures though as the diffuse maps are removed when you use these textures so you end up seeing the back of the neck. Just leave the colors as black to keep the hollow/dead look.

You can also use it as if it's someone wearing halloween facepaint (since obviously opening the mouth will distort the 'teeth' depending on the amount of mouth morphs you use).

I like the tongue blackened out personally.

If you really want to have fun, give him Nibbler's tongue if you have that character also.

RIPped_mouth2.jpg
    525 x 700 - 228K
    RIPped_mouth.jpg
    525 x 700 - 249K
  • jakibluejakiblue Posts: 7,281
    edited December 1969

ok that looks awesome!!!!!! thank you!! I need this guy for my genesis!!! :D

edited December 1969

My mistake with the mouth maps. You don't need to re-add them. Just bump up the opacity so the black diffuse shows up.