who can tell me where i can learn

creativemodelsbecreativemodelsbe Posts: 0
edited October 2012 in The Commons

as someone is blocking my posts here, who can tell me where i can learn
and that is not funny.

where can i learn more about Zbrush?
and where can i learn more about dazstudio as this program has no manual.

is there really no help available?

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on

Comments

• DAZ_KevinDAZ_Kevin Posts: 2,420
    edited December 1969
  • creativemodelsbecreativemodelsbe Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

THANK YOU

is that the only manual or?

any place to learn more about zbrush?

• RKane_1RKane_1 Posts: 3,037
    edited December 1969

Youtube and ZClassroom at Pixologic.com

edited December 1969

thank you for the links.

question to @KageRyu
    from http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/9386/

what do you mean with?
    Additionally, they like keeping users in the dark so that some here can post condescending statements and feel superior. It is unfortunate, but that is the shape of the new Daz3D Forum experience.

is that how this forum works?
    sounds bad :down:

thx for the links guys, i move to other community.
    this is not the right place for me.
    i only use freebies, i do not buy 3d models.

• KageRyuKageRyu Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

My personal opinion. I am jaded, so take it with a grain of salt and form an opinion of your own after being here a while. You may agree or disagree in the end.

Generally, it is not a good idea to reference locked threads, Moderators are not happy about such things, a PM is a far better way to approach that.

• McGyverMcGyver Posts: 6,992
    edited December 1969

I don't think anyone is trying to keep people from learning... DAZ does have some tutorials, but given that much of the software here is either pretty cheap (relatively if you did not buy it at full price when it first came, but that is a different story), or free, DAZ sort of lets the community do the teaching as opposed to investing more effort in the tutorial/manual department... creating those can be pretty expensive and time consuming... that would cost money that would have to come from somewhere else and would drive up the price of the software (or require charging for the free stuff). Sadly many people never read the manual anyway.
    Its hard because Poser and DAZ do not have the sort of following and backing like Maya,Max,Zbrush and other mainstream high-end software have and thus there are fewer books and professional tutorials.
    That having been said, for the most part I have found the people who frequent these forums to be very helpful and quite happy to help answer questions... most of what I know I learned from the folks here... well, what I learned about CGI... life lessons I learned from the wolves that raised me and a magical rabbit named Larry.

• Testing6790Testing6790 Posts: 1,091
    edited October 2012

This guy has multiple closed threads about the same thing... I'm starting to wonder what he did xD

All I do is ask for help, and DAZ has never been anything but extremely helpful.

Post edited by Testing6790 on
  • larsmidnattlarsmidnatt Posts: 4,511
    edited December 1969

All I do is ask for help, and DAZ has never been anything but extremely helpful.

usually that is my experience too. I did have two PA's that were not responsive before but I don't buy from them anymore. But it was more pointing out issues with products and not really about training or anything like that. Anytime I've brought up a bug or looked for how to do something I have been able to find it.

Usually I search google and find links back to the Daz3d forum with a lot of useful information related to Daz Content or software. 3rd party software is best supported on other sites.

• TZORGTZORG Posts: 148
    edited December 1969

I'm pretty sure he posts with two accounts, that's kinda weird

Anyway like anything else DAZ is not for everyone, I wish OP the best of luck as he moves on to different communities

edited December 1969

I have tried to help others and have gotten a lot of help from the likes of Sickleyield, Boudica55, RAMWolff, Richard Haseltine, Chohole, fixmypcmike and many others.

It's a good group.

Also I have tutorials in my sig and a lot of others have their tutorials or products listed there as well.

DAZ also has a YouTube channel with several tutorials available there.

DAZ YouTube Channel

• Testing6790Testing6790 Posts: 1,091
    edited December 1969

RAMWolff and Richard Haseltine must be getting sick of me by now ^_^

• SickleYieldSickleYield Posts: 7,622
    edited December 1969

I too have often picked Richard's brain. :D

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 95,997
    edited December 1969

Yeah, I like to have my brain pickled. Oh, wait - picked you wrote.

edited December 1969

TZORG said:

Anyway like anything else DAZ is not for everyone, I wish OP the best of luck as he moves on to different communities

eh? why would i do that?

is it strange that i freak out?
    frustrating screaming around?
    i am new, i like to learn and i found studio very difficult program to learn and very poor in information for intermediate and advanced users.
    how do i weightmap new models imported from blender or silo?

• blondie9999blondie9999 Posts: 771
    edited December 1969

My tutorial covers all aspects of rigging and weight-mapping original figures;

http://www.daz3d.com/shop/rigging-original-figures-in-ds4-pro

edited December 1969

Yes, freaking out is uncalled for and somewhat off-putting to those of us willing to help but not counsel someone who is having a nervous breakdown over something as minor as a piece of software.

Weight-mapping:

DAZ Studio 4 - Weight Map Brush

Rigging Modification Intro Pt 1 Joint Editor

• McGyverMcGyver Posts: 6,992
    edited December 1969

Yeah, I like to have my brain pickled. Oh, wait - picked you wrote.

Mmmmmm pickled brains.... I learned to like them when I used to do stand up at a local Zombie bar... not bad with salted eyeballs.

edited December 1969

My tutorial covers all aspects of rigging and weight-mapping original figures;

http://www.daz3d.com/shop/rigging-original-figures-in-ds4-pro

ok, will check it

thankyou

• TZORGTZORG Posts: 148
    edited December 1969

TZORG said:

eh? why would i do that?

i am new....
    I would guess because the other account's comments seem weird coming from someone with a 2005 join date. Hehe.

• patience55patience55 Posts: 7,006
    edited December 1969

RKane_1 said:
    I have tried to help others and have gotten a lot of help from the likes of Sickleyield, Boudica55, RAMWolff, Richard Haseltine, Chohole, fixmypcmike and many others.

It's a good group.

Also I have tutorials in my sig and a lot of others have their tutorials or products listed there as well.

DAZ also has a YouTube channel with several tutorials available there.

DAZ YouTube Channel

Boudicca36 ;-) You're welcome. I'm lost in here ... looking for a thread on shoes ... I'll undoubtedly find it after posting this. Cheers.