My Lease Is Nearly Up On The Complaint Thread

TJohnTJohn Posts: 10,991
edited September 2016 in The Commons

This discussion was created from comments split from: The I Wanted Mousse But Got A Moose Instead Complaint Thread..

Post edited by TJohn on

Comments

• TJohnTJohn Posts: 10,991

Good morning all. I can recite the first verse of "Jabberwocky". I can also tie my shoes and wave bye-bye on a good day, although not simultaneously.

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,609

Genesis 3 addon for GenX2 is out!

• LeatherGryphonLeatherGryphon Posts: 11,137
    Tjohn said:

Good morning all. I can recite the first verse of "Jabberwocky". I can also tie my shoes and wave bye-bye on a good day, although not simultaneously.

I once memorized the Periodic Table of Elements and Pi to 100 places but that skill has long vaporized.  But yet I still remember "Jabberwocky". frown

edited June 2016

New Fastgrab item "The Underground Well" http://www.daz3d.com/the-underground-well

Of course when I saw that title in the small preview picture my brain immediately went to: "Well duh, where else would a well be?  Hanging in the sky, tapping the clouds?  But upon further inquiry I see that it is a simple brick "well house" located in an apparent basement.  OK, I guess that works as an "underground well" and is almost a perfect model for illustrating a scene from a couple of Terry Goodkind's "Sword of Truth" books as the place where the "Sylph" emerges to transport people-with-magic to other parts of the realm.enlightened

Post edited by LeatherGryphon on
  • MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

caturday!

woodpecker outside very busy, sounds like pecking a new condo.  looks like busy twig gathering.  offered to help, but seems to be saying 'out of my way human'

landlubber arrrr  yoo no haz wings to fly

sigh chores to do, no wanna, but i do like clean clothes, if only it wasnt a mile away pushing grannycart in 80f degrees

wait, no, not in high heels

Tjohn said:

I once memorized the Periodic Table of Elements and Pi to 100 places but that skill has long vaporized.  But yet I still remember "Jabberwocky". frown

They just added 4 new names for predicted elements, so you'd have to add them to your list anyway.

• AnotherUserNameAnotherUserName Posts: 2,726

My pinky toe hurts. angry

Especially for LeatherGryphon:

Press to play.

Tjohn said:
    Tjohn said:

They just added 4 new names for predicted elements, so you'd have to add them to your list anyway.

They'd added a lot more than that since my day.  I'd stopped at 103 (Lawrencium)

bread baking decision ... ?

• maple walnut bread, hazelnuts instead of walnuts
    • chocolate hazelnut bread sprinkled with powder sugar
    • coconut hazelnut bread, recipe calls unsweet coconut, i only haz sweet on hand
  • kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,513
    Tjohn said:

...I still remember just about every line from Monty Python's Holy Grail, The original Star Wars and the original Airplane. Scary.

"Listening" to of music in my head such as works by Bach (including fuges), Chopin, Joplin, Vierne, Franck, and even Messiaen also comes rather naturally.  Guess when you perform music from memory as much as I did (hated having a page turner, too much of a distraction), it sort of becomes an learned trait. Saves on having to buy an iPod and subscribing to iTunes.

MistyMist said:

sigh chores to do, no wanna, but i do like clean clothes, if only it wasnt a mile away pushing grannycart in 80f degrees

wait, no, not in high heels

...wish I could find a freebie of one of those "granny carts"

ise confused by measuring cup volume oz and scale weighing ounces

a measuring cup of water volume  weighs 8 oz on the scale?

a measuring cup of flour weighs 8 oz?

tablespoons essploding my mind,
    8 tablespoons of butter would fill a one cup measuring cup and at the same time, weigh 8 oz on the scale?

Tjohn said:

Press to play.

...love that song.

kyoto kid said:
    Tjohn said:

Press to play.

...love that song.

looks like a pacman layout  :)

...the animation was very well done and well timed to the lyrics.

oohh new thread smell.  oh wait did someone just fart in the thread?

edited June 2016

...must have been the moose when it left.

Never, ever feed a moose chocolate mousse.

Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • Tjohn said:

Press to play.

The video lies - the music was by Arthur Sullivan.

How do I use GenX2?  I forgot how to use it.

Tjohn said:

Press to play.

...the tune may be by Sullivan (The Major General's Song from Priates of Penzance), but the lyrics are definitely Lehrer

I am upset that my HDD is almost full.   I had a 1.5 TB HDD but that died so I got a 2 TB HDD to replace it.

• kyoto kid said:
    Tjohn said:

Press to play.

...the tune may be by Sullivan (The Major General's Song from Priates of Penzance), but the lyrics are definitely Lehrer

I didn't dispute that (well, the arrangement of the words is his - plus the final lines) but the music to me is distinct from the lyrics. If it had credited him with the lyrics I would not have quibbled.

...I have the complete Too Many Songs by Tom Lehrer book and yes, the tune is properly credited.  I agree, whoever made the video should have done their research.

I am upset that my HDD is almost full.   I had a 1.5 TB HDD but that died so I got a 2 TB HDD to replace it.

...yeah that's maybe one benefit of my being poor. I have a 1 TB that I've had for four years and it's not even half full.

...well to go to that picnic or not.  Only a 5 min walk from home, though radar map still indicates pockets of rain around the metro area.  Just hada  fairly heavy shower go through shortly after it looked all nice and clear.

used up both pc coupies today.  18th was feeling pressured 

savage hunter outfit 399mb d/l  -not for the struggling hdd space  lol

• ps1borgps1borg Posts: 12,776

Morning. A bit of daylight for a mob of big black crows to complain about (crow at?) for a change after sunrise tho it seems colder now than it did in the middle of the night, south wind is tearing at a gunmetal grey overcast but not much sign of any blue sky at all :)

Tjohn said:

This discussion was created from comments split from: The I Wanted Mousse But Got A Moose Instead Complaint Thread..

it haz the shinning :)

kyoto kid said:

...I have the complete Too Many Songs by Tom Lehrer book and yes, the tune is properly credited.  I agree, whoever made the video should have done their research.

The internet never forgets anything it got wrong ;)

This discussion has been closed.