OBI for Gen/M5 - 3 Black Characters in 1, AVAILABLE NOW! DSON Update Soon [Commercial]

3DProclivity3DProclivity Posts: 538
edited October 2012 in The Commons

UPDATE: In the store now at http://www.daz3d.com/shop/obi-for-genesis

Obi WILL be updated to be DSON Compatible. :) So, if you are a poser user, don't hesitate to get him at the introductory price. He'll join you there shortly.

NOTE: This product uses two Genesis Creature morphs (no neck & hunchback). While Obi will load without them (if you skip those morphs) and look all right, we highly recommend that you get these packs because they are very versatile in your runtime regardless. Plus, they are on sale right now! :)

=====================

Obi for Genesis (M5) is a versatile character with three VERY distinct custom morphs from 3DP and a rich, high-quality Black texture set from JKing that includes a number of eye colors as well as a no-brow option.

If you like character packages with morphs that are truly different from one another, then this product is for you.

Post edited by 3DProclivity on

Comments

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,560
    edited December 1969

I like the morphs. Very different.

• riftwitchriftwitch Posts: 1,404
    edited December 1969

Oh, yeah! This'll be some great dna for my runtime! The promos look excellent; It's nice to see how much variety there is in the three figures. Will they have separate head morphs?

• 3DProclivity3DProclivity Posts: 538
    edited October 2012

riftwitch said:
    Oh, yeah! This'll be some great dna for my runtime! The promos look excellent; It's nice to see how much variety there is in the three figures. Will they have separate head morphs?

Thank you. Glad you like the morphs and the promos. :)

I did not make separate head morphs for this set but I did make custom adjustments for two of the faces that allow you to tweak the face morphs (refining the lips, ears, and nose). But it is easy to change body types if you want a particular face on a different kind of body.

SereneNight: Thanx. We wanted them to be different and versatile.

• ZamuelNowZamuelNow Posts: 753
    edited December 1969

Certainly be sure to update this thread whenever they hit the store.

In the Random Curiosity category, have you tried dialing these to a small/subtle amount (10-20%) to an otherwise heavily female base? People have done some interesting things with mixing in the various Genesis morphs. Also, I wonder what they look like when some or all of these three are mixed into each other.

edited December 1969

ZamuelNow said:

In the Random Curiosity category, have you tried dialing these to a small/subtle amount (10-20%) to an otherwise heavily female base? People have done some interesting things with mixing in the various Genesis morphs. Also, I wonder what they look like when some or all of these three are mixed into each other.

I will definitely let you know when Obi is in the store. It really should not be long. All we have left to do I think is get in line for release. lol

Intriguing idea...I have not tried infusing any of them into female characters or into one another. I'll have to try that though.

edited December 1969

Blending them into female characters was based on another product and some posted renders but I'm wary of linking since this is a commercial thread.

edited December 1969

ZamuelNow said:
    Blending them into female characters was based on another product and some posted renders but I'm wary of linking since this is a commercial thread.

Thank you for being so considerate. You can certainly pm me the link if you want. :) I enjoy looking at other people's work..

Anyway, if OBI does well we will certainly consider doing an expansion pack to add morphs (FBM & head/body morphs as requested above), more textures, and other options. But since it is our first collaboration we tried to stay away from creating an expensive mega bundle. This product will be very reasonably priced with a nice introductory discount.

• ArtiniArtini Posts: 8,787
    edited December 1969

Looks very nice, but I thought it will be Obi Wan Kenobi character ;-)

edited October 2012

Artini said:
    Looks very nice, but I thought it will be Obi Wan Kenobi character ;-)

LMAO! I hear you! I was afraid that might happen on occasion. Dang force of Hollywood. ;)

Obi is ALSO a Nigerian name meaning Heart and I am glad you like him/them.

edited October 2012

ZamuelNow said:

Okay. Per your request...

UPDATE: In the store now at http://www.daz3d.com/shop/obi-for-genesis

NOTE: If you don’t have the Creature morphs, don’t worry. The package only uses the no neck morph (OBI Heavy & Fit) and a tiny bit of the hunchback morph (OBI slim). The characters will look fine without them. Just continue to load them.

edited December 1969

Don't know why, but for some reason it's not showing up. The link is giving a 404 error and it doesn't show up in the search.

edited October 2012

ZamuelNow said:
    Don't know why, but for some reason it's not showing up. The link is giving a 404 error and it doesn't show up in the search.

Not sure what the problem is but we are trying to get it fixed.

Obi was there; then he wasn't; then he was there again and all was fine for awhile. Now he is gone again.

Hang in there....I'm sure he'll be back. I'll post again when I know something about when. :)

edited December 1969

Thanks for your patience! There were some glitches getting this product released but it seems the game of hide and seek is over...

OBI is finally in the store and I think he is there to stay now.

Enjoy. :)

• Scott LivingstonScott Livingston Posts: 4,331
    edited December 1969

Looks nice and versatile! The slim morph (in particular the head) might be a good starting point if you'd like to make a 3D version, or caricature, of a very prominent American whose initials, when reversed, sound just like Obi. ;-) Maybe blend him with M5 default or AverageJoe head.

edited October 2012

Looks nice and versatile! The slim morph (in particular the head) might be a good starting point if you'd like to make a 3D version, or caricature, of a very prominent American whose initials, when reversed, sound just like Obi. ;-) Maybe blend him with M5 default or AverageJoe head.

Thanks. Glad you like him.

Hehe...If you do that render with him, please let me see it. :)

edited December 1969

Just wanted to let everyone know that Obi will see you in your Poser runtime!

We are working on an update to make him DSON Compatible. :)

edited December 1969

Haven't messed with these much but figured I'd render something.

ObiBig.jpg
    900 x 1200 - 75K
  • Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,560
    edited December 1969

Great render ZamuelNow. Very good pose and expression.

edited December 1969

I agree. The pose and expression go together well. Seems like a personable guy as long as you don't get in the ring with him, eh?

BTW, I like the lighting too.