Moonshine's Drive-In Questions

MarcCCTxMarcCCTx Posts: 909
edited December 1969 in The Commons

Is there going to be a projector for the drive-in? It's been a few decades, but as I recall there were always two screens at opposite sides of the field with the concession stand between and projectors on top.

Where would the projector be at this drive-in?

Comments

• carrie58carrie58 Posts: 3,951
    edited December 1969

Maybe it's got a rear screen projector ....... or maybe not ........maybe it's part a expansion pack .......ya never know with Jack's stuff

• RKane_1RKane_1 Posts: 3,037
    edited December 1969

Funny... little bit of a logic trap on this one.

At the old drive in from the little town I was from in Louisiana (still running when I was a kid but I think went out of business when the old guy who ran it passed away in the mid 90's) there was a two story structure at the entrance. The second story was where the two projector windows were above the concession stand. Out the side is where the tickets were sold and taken as cars were driving in; there was a concession stand around "front" below the projector windows; on the other side was the back entrance to the building, men's and women's bathrooms, and garbage cans; and the "back" of the building (which was the side facing the street had a small door but was mainly used for posters showing "Now showing" and "Coming soon" posters... aah, memories. It was great cause the high fence had a bunch of holes in it where kids who couldn't afford tickets would try to look at the film and barely hear from one of the nearby speakers. The old coot used to sneak up to the holes with an air horn and scare the crap out of those kids.... yep... my ears still ring. *chuckle*

• MarcCCTxMarcCCTx Posts: 909
    edited December 1969

I was thinking it was something like this, but it may have been two-story. I do recall you could go into the concession and that the bathrooms were there, but this was in the early seventies and I can't remember any details.

drive-in2.jpg
    400 x 400 - 93K
    edited December 1969

I remember that a lot of them were because kids used to try to do obscene shadow puppets on the screen by hoisting one another up. *laugh* It was a slanted roof tilting down away from the concession stand so kids would also climb up on the roof and hang over the edge to do that too.

• Art_JunkieArt_Junkie Posts: 0
    edited October 2012

MarcCCTx said:
    Is there going to be a projector for the drive-in? It's been a few decades, but as I recall there were always two screens at opposite sides of the field with the concession stand between and projectors on top.

Where would the projector be at this drive-in?

Yes I was excited about this one till I saw it was missing the the Projection booth and concession stand. Glad I notice it before buying. Hate to mess with refunds. >:(
    Post edited by Art_Junkie on
    edited December 1969

Still useful, though, if your scene does not include the projection booth or concession stand. :)

Happy I bought it and I will figure something out for the rest unless Jack is listening and wants to recreate the original drive-in house I mentioned. *keeps fingers crossed*

;-)

• scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,313
    edited December 1969

Jack Tomalin said something about the projection booth in another thread.

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/184/P375

• mrposermrposer Posts: 1,127
    edited December 1969

There is one over at Rendo with a projection room/concession stand/bathrooms... http://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/movie-sets-starlight-drive-in-theater-for-poser/79289

edited December 1969

Oh good. According to that thread there will be more later on it.

Cool.

I wonder if the Concession stand will have popcorn and candy.

Mmmmmmmmm... Ju-Ju B's, Mike & Ike, Milk Duds, etc. etc.

Sorry.... sugar coma time.

*snore*

• Daz Jack TomalinDaz Jack Tomalin Posts: 13,126
    edited December 1969

RKane_1 said:
    Still useful, though, if your scene does not include the projection booth or concession stand. :)

Happy I bought it and I will figure something out for the rest unless Jack is listening and wants to recreate the original drive-in house I mentioned. *keeps fingers crossed*

;-)

I'm always listening - that doesn't mean to say I do as everyone asks, but I do take everything I see into consideration ;)

edited December 1969

RKane_1 said:

;-)

I'm always listening - that doesn't mean to say I do as everyone asks, but I do take everything I see into consideration ;)

All I ask of you is all I ask of everyone which is, of course to obey my every whim as your overlord and master of the planet...er...

*cough*

Sorry...

All I ask is for its thoughtful consideration and I appreciate it.

(Note to self, position orbital satellite to better aim mind control beam at Tomalin residence.)

• SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited December 1969

RKane_1 said:

(Note to self, position orbital satellite to better aim mind control beam at Tomalin residence.)

tried it, doesn't work. His house is shielded.
  • Daz Jack TomalinDaz Jack Tomalin Posts: 13,126
    edited December 1969

Szark said:
    RKane_1 said:

Afraid so, otherwise it would be like that scene out of Scanners where that dudes head explodes ;)

edited December 1969

Szark said:
    RKane_1 said:

Afraid so, otherwise it would be like that scene out of Scanners where that dudes head explodes ;)

Damn, foiled again. I'll get you, my pretty. And your little do.... oh wait, wrong person, sorry.