Why does Daz 4.5 "forget" custom face morphs on save.

ScoopeyScoopey Posts: 190
edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

I've seen a similar thread elsewhere but this is really bugging me...
In order to do quick loading we have duf files..only they seem to be totally "duff" as I've a whole series of V4 characters that are useless as every time I load them I have to rebuild them.
At first I thought it was just the Renderosity ones that did it but Morris's Sakura, available here does it as well!
Anyone got any idea around this as I'm seriously looking to change to Poser...

Yes I've filled a bug report BTW for what good that is worth...
After years of being satisfied with Daz they now have a website that does not work and a program that can't save properly!
I wouldn't mind but they keep rushing everything...they got the old save to work so why not give users the opportunity to have both types of save during the transition period or are they just trying to compete with Bill Gate's idea...get the program out there..then fix it!

Comments

• BejaymacBejaymac Posts: 1,846
    edited December 1969

How are you saving your characters, as a character preset or a scene ?

• ScoopeyScoopey Posts: 190
    edited October 2012

I was saving them as a scene when it did this....
    If I save them as a character preset so that I can apply to one that's 'glitched' then I get another bug.
    D|S doubles the morphs.
    The simple thing to do in theory is to zero the character first but D|S will not properly zero a mesh it glitched on saving.
    Therefore I have to bring in a 'fresh' V4 and apply and start again after transferring the clothing etc.
    This is a real pain every time I work on a complicated piece....
    The only oddity is the double save method which sometimes works...you save it and then save it again. I don't know why it works but it would seem that on the second pass it finds the stuff it forgot the first time around...
    Weird...but definitely a bug!

Post edited by Scoopey on
  • Virtual MediaVirtual Media Posts: 85
    edited December 1969

A tip that has helped me, use the puppeteer to save custom morphs, expressions and poses. Puppeteer is one the most powerful and often overlooked tools in studio.

• hzrhzr Posts: 207
    edited December 1969

Scoopey said:
    I was saving them as a scene when it did this....
    If I save them as a character preset so that I can apply to one that's 'glitched' then I get another bug.
    D|S doubles the morphs.
    The simple thing to do in theory is to zero the character first but D|S will not properly zero a mesh it glitched on saving.
    Therefore I have to bring in a 'fresh' V4 and apply and start again after transferring the clothing etc.
    This is a real pain every time I work on a complicated piece....
    The only oddity is the double save method which sometimes works...you save it and then save it again. I don't know why it works but it would seem that on the second pass it finds the stuff it forgot the first time around...
    Weird...but definitely a bug!

Thats excactly what bothers me aswell about this whole thing. For many ppl this might not be such a big deal but once youre working on a scene with more than 1 or 2 figures it will really get tiresome if you always have to jump through some loops to actually get back to where you left off when you closed the scene the last time.

• RKane_1RKane_1 Posts: 3,037
    edited December 1969

Once you make a morph, you must save it as a Morph asset or you will lose it no matter if you have it saved in a scene or not.

If you follow the tutorial in my signature below it should give you the full rundown on how to make and save Morphs.