Platinum Club 10th Anniversary Sale Discussion

Comments

• edited December 1969

Skiriki said:
    I'm SO going to get some kids' skins.

...I mean, erm...

...you know what I mean!

Not really, it is nearly Halloween and that could mean you have some sinister plan in store.

I hope you aren't planning to skin anybody -- eeeek! I suppose you have the body of a twenty-year old (in your trunk).

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Well, as a Mum, I can remember saying to my kids "If I ever get hold of you I will skin you alive" when they had been misbehaving

It was just one of them sayings, back then

• SkirikiSkiriki Posts: 4,972
    edited December 1969

Steph is down to 12 bucks if you can swallow that price. but again you could always ask someone who owns the texture if its really V5 or not. For example I think someone said Rily for Stephanie was really using V4 uv's.

I'm so gonna get S5 anyway as Buy-It-All, so... now that the skin is cheap, buying!

Not really, it is nearly Halloween and that could mean you have some sinister plan in store.

I... might. Ummmmm, I think I said too much...

I hope you aren't planning to skin anybody -- eeeek! I suppose you have the body of a twenty-year old (in your trunk).

Good heavens, isn't that the place everyone checks out first?

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,063
    edited December 1969

Ledhead said:
    It would have been nice if they could have come up with something better than grass and a toy to go with the Extravaganza Bundle.

IMHO they do not fit the theme, being the Drive-In back in the 50's.

And of course I already have the Car and the texture set for it.

Well, grass was there in the 50s, too, you know? And that baby carriage toy and the others look like they are from the 50s.

Dana

• edited December 1969

I forgot about bundles. Goes back to look again.

• anikadanikad Posts: 1,919
    edited December 1969

I have V3, never used her but if I pick up this: http://www.daz3d.com/shop/international-beauties-maps-and-morphs is there anything else I should buy to make it work? Do I need to buy other morphs?

edited December 1969

anikad said:
    I have V3, never used her but if I pick up this: http://www.daz3d.com/shop/international-beauties-maps-and-morphs is there anything else I should buy to make it work? Do I need to buy other morphs?

If you have Texture Converter 2, run the skins through it to convert 'em to V4. :)

• BlackFeather1973BlackFeather1973 Posts: 739
    edited December 1969

Looks like Intimates & Swimwear and Faeries & Elves have joined People in this weeks sale-categories.

• larsmidnattlarsmidnatt Posts: 4,511
    edited December 1969

now we are talking

edited December 1969

OMG OMG OMG OMG

*runs in circles, stops to pant for a bit*

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG

So much browsing to do OMG

*wheeeeeze* *breathes into a paperbag to calm down*

Also, I accidentally almost bought the dinosaurs in Fast-Grab again. This could be a sign that I should go to bed soon.

• TJohnTJohn Posts: 10,991
    edited December 1969

I believe the Cottage Plants, Tall Grass, and Toys of Yesteryear items in the Extravaganza bundles are meant to be used with the Freebie Lawn Mower.
    The plants are obvious. I think the baby carriage would not be out of place as a toy left out in the yard.

edited December 1969

tjohn said:
    I believe the Cottage Plants, Tall Grass, and Toys of Yesteryear items in the Extravaganza bundles are meant to be used with the Freebie Lawn Mower.
    The plants are obvious. I think the baby carriage would not be out of place as a toy left out in the yard.

I think my explanation of post-movie experiences in grass (possibly with different sort of grass used as well) might be closer to how some people remember their teen years. :cheese: :lol:

• WhiteMystWhiteMyst Posts: 212
    edited December 1969

If anyone sees this post could you answer a question for me.....

Can you use V4 skins on K4? I have a couple of V4 skins that come with no makeup and "might" work for a little K4 fairie. I want to get the morphs and toddler today, but then I won't have any money left for buying a K4 char with skin.

• ChristenChristen Posts: 240
    edited October 2012

WhiteMyst said:
    If anyone sees this post could you answer a question for me.....

Can you use V4 skins on K4? I have a couple of V4 skins that come with no makeup and "might" work for a little K4 fairie. I want to get the morphs and toddler today, but then I won't have any money left for buying a K4 char with skin.

http://forumarchive.daz3d.com/viewtopic.php?t=137524

Post edited by Christen on
    edited December 1969

Faerydae thank you for the link!!! I had forgotten that DS will do a texture swap, I did that to use the V4 male textures on M4 once. Ok color me embarrassed, make that twice, I just went through my order history and I already have the toddler, it must have been a freebie at one time. *blush*.

• ChristenChristen Posts: 240
    edited December 1969

Welcome :) Didn't realize you were using DS!

I've tried to repurchase plenty of things here lol.

edited December 1969

*Squeeee* I'm getting the K4 morphs and Hollie for K4! I can't resist a character pack by Mada, Thorne and Sarsa.

• SylvanSylvan Posts: 2,681
    edited December 1969

Those morph packs are alluring, but am I able to make those myself with all the options that are already available or are they really different designs I won't be able to make myself?
    Question is for both body and ethnicity morphs...just trying to find out where my money would be best spend :)

edited December 1969

I find the morph packs time-saving. Plus, you can mix and match and blend things like there's no tomorrow.

In my experience, morph packs are my BEST FRIEND. Now, if I could get a similar "morph pack" for skin creation on the fly in DAZ Studio...

edited December 1969

Those morph packs are alluring, but am I able to make those myself with all the options that are already available or are they really different designs I won't be able to make myself?
    Question is for both body and ethnicity morphs...just trying to find out where my money would be best spend :)

If you are asking about the morphs++ I find them necessary, I am no good with deformers or sculpting my own in a modeling program so the morphs++ allow me to make my own characters.

If you are asking about the character packs like Hollie I would say it depends. A lot of people buy the packs simply for the skin textures to use on their own character morphs. I buy character packs for both. If they are morphs I like I use them, some as they are and others I change them up using the morphs++. I also buy them for the skin textures.

• SylvanSylvan Posts: 2,681
    edited December 1969

With this advice I just tossed the Genesis morph bundle in my cart!

• edited December 1969

You must spend $100.00 to get the $10.00 dollar coupon

• CypherFOXCypherFOX Posts: 3,401
    edited October 2012

Greetings,
    Anyone know how long people/fairies & elves/intimates are going to be on sale for?

-- Morgan

Post edited by CypherFOX on
  • Scott LivingstonScott Livingston Posts: 4,331
    edited December 1969

With this advice I just tossed the Genesis morph bundle in my cart!

Oh yeah, that you definitely want. :) Although usually I recommend the Genesis Starter Bundle (which contains the Evolutions morphs)...right now the starter bundle's not on sale and the morphs are, so I guess it depends on how much you want/need a troll and that other stuff. I wouldn't be surprised if the Starter Bundle goes on sale later this month, but I guess you never know.
  • KludgeKludge Posts: 354
    edited December 1969

A freebie has landed: http://www.daz3d.com/shop/modern-lawnmower

Not exactly my cup of tea, but looks great for what it is. I particularly like the chipped paint, rust, and dirt. :) I guess this is the weekly freebie, not a special PC freebie?

Now y'know, it can also be used as a particularly horrific terror device as well. Er, wait. I'm giving away my secrets again, aren't I. :lol:

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

Cypherfox said:
    Greetings,
    Anyone know how long people/fairies & elves/intimates are going to be on sale for?

-- Morgan

Friday Oct 12

edited December 1969

Skiriki said:
    Well...

...I have only one response to that! Or FIVE! So there! %-P

Heh, heh, heh, heh, heh ... in response :lol:
    edited December 1969

@Kludge: maybe you should pray to both, just to be on the safe side. Especially since I agree too. Thanks for brightening up the forum, Skiriki! (BladeMystEra, your sig line seems apropos) ;-)

Good point. I may add in the Flying Spaghetti Monster as well.
    edited December 1969

Cypherfox said:

I'm going to jump in here and say, if you haven't already, you should get Ksenia for V4, especially at that discount. It's a really good looking character, and GenX's to Genesis really, really well. No affiliation, I just love that character.

I second this. She is absolutely lovely and cute and precious and ... and ... and ... and all like that.
    edited December 1969

Skiriki said:
    I'm SO going to get some kids' skins.

...I mean, erm...

...you know what I mean!

Sooo ... hmmm ... young goat skins or young people skins? Either way, quite versatile material for gloves and things. ;-)