Platinum Club 10th Anniversary Sale Discussion

Comments

• atryeuatryeu Posts: 612
    edited December 1969

*sigh* Too bad it looks like a theme I'm not interested in. At least this will save my money for the 99c sales and hopefully some of the Members Choice.

edited December 1969

anyone notice there is a real halloween category sale now, not just PC items but big bundles?

http://www.daz3d.com/shop/sales-promotions/halloween-items/

It looks like all but a couple are the basic 40% off for PC members though, so there isn't an actual sale on most of them. Maybe they'll be changing that later though....

• SkirikiSkiriki Posts: 4,975
    edited December 1969

There was, but mysteriously the price changed between last night and this morning -- I added Chainsaw to my basket and it was at 70%, but now it is back to 40%... well, I can wait, it is not essential.

By the way, there's also PC freebie.

• Scott LivingstonScott Livingston Posts: 4,331
    edited October 2012

Note that the two extravaganzas are basically the same price as buying all six new PC items individually. Together they contain the new PC items plus more. Thought this was worth pointing out for those interested in the Buy It All.

Edit: also note that certain items in one Extravaganza require items in the other...so it kind of makes sense to buy both, or neither.

Post edited by Scott Livingston on
  • larsmidnattlarsmidnatt Posts: 4,511
    edited December 1969

atryeu said:
    anyone notice there is a real halloween category sale now, not just PC items but big bundles?

It looks like all but a couple are the basic 40% off for PC members though, so there isn't an actual sale on most of them. Maybe they'll be changing that later though....

that is my guess, that the cat will go 70% off to match the banner. If so then I do see some stuff I would grab.

• KludgeKludge Posts: 354
    edited December 1969

WhiteMyst said:
    Skiriki, I agree with Kludge, you are a delightful person. Thanks for making me smile today. :)

Oh, dear. I said something someone agrees with. This is Not Good. It is Not Good at all. I must repent and change my ways. I must pray to St. Vidicon - or St. Cathode. One of the two, I forget which - else the world will stop turning and we shall all be consumed by rampant wild killer butterflies. Oh, dear, oh, dear, oh dear! :bug: ;-P

• ledheadledhead Posts: 1,586
    edited December 1969

It would have been nice if they could have come up with something better than grass and a toy to go with the Extravaganza Bundle.

IMHO they do not fit the theme, being the Drive-In back in the 50's.

And of course I already have the Car and the texture set for it.

• KludgeKludge Posts: 354
    edited December 1969

Skiriki said:
    WhiteMyst said:
    Skiriki, I agree with Kludge, you are a delightful person. Thanks for making me smile today. :)

Why, thank you!

And while we're waiting for DAZ to dazzle us, I'll try and post more funny stuff!
    We bee dazzled and DAZzled all at the same time. This is already a good day. :lol:

edited December 1969

Well...

...I have only one response to that! Or FIVE! So there! %-P

ikea-cat-some-assembly-required.jpg
    500 x 416 - 33K
    whutisdisa.jpg
    500 x 333 - 29K
    hey-hey-hey-jus-wha-u-plan-on-doin-bak-der.jpg
    500 x 375 - 62K
    interestedcat.jpg
    490 x 368 - 32K
    grammadances.jpg
    500 x 334 - 30K
    edited December 1969

Skiriki said:
    There was, but mysteriously the price changed between last night and this morning -- I added Chainsaw to my basket and it was at 70%, but now it is back to 40%... well, I can wait, it is not essential.

By the way, there's also PC freebie.

Before you buy "Chainsaw" make sure you don't already have it. It was offered as a free item awhile back (last October, I believe).

I seen a few things for 70% off in there but most were the basic PC discount. Maybe they are still putting it together and it will start up later today? :) I already had most of what was listed in there though. The few things I don't but do want I can wait for so I can save what little money I do have. It's still too early in the month.

By the way, did anybody notice this was the first year in a very long time they are not doing one of those pay out deals, where we get a percentage of what we spend this month back in November or December? :(

edited December 1969

Looks like the other freebie is Moonshines Drive-In Poses

edited December 1969

atryeu said:
    Before you buy "Chainsaw" make sure you don't already have it. It was offered as a free item awhile back (last October, I believe).

Thanks, absolutely sure I don't have it. :) Hence why I've been hankering for some lumberjack action, if you count zombies as "lumber". :)

• ByrdieByrdie Posts: 1,775
    edited December 1969

WhiteMyst said:

Sweet! Anybody know if the outfits work in DS4 or are they 4.5 only?

• StorypilotStorypilot Posts: 1,660
    edited December 1969

Say, I quite like these extravaganza bundles! The outfits are looking very useful to me, and I didn't have the car yet, so I was perfectly happy to pick that up. The drive-in set looks cool too... I would love to see a third, really dilapidated and grungy texture for it.

I'm baffled by the baby carriage, though.

• CypherFOXCypherFOX Posts: 3,401
    edited December 1969

Greetings,
    Thank you DAZ for extending the Extravaganza bundles until the 16th.

At first I misunderstood Scott Livingston, and was going to point out that it's not the same as buying them individually. It's 6 items for $5.99, which is half off. But I think Scott means that buying both extravaganza bundles is the same price as buying the new PC items, plus you get an additional 6 older (but very cool) PC items.

One way or another, when I'm not stressed for cash, they will be mine. ;)

-- Morgan

edited December 1969

That's what happens when you do rolls in grass and aren't protected, if ya know what I mean.

• Scott LivingstonScott Livingston Posts: 4,331
    edited December 1969

Cypherfox said:
    Greetings,
    Thank you DAZ for extending the Extravaganza bundles until the 16th.

At first I misunderstood Scott Livingston, and was going to point out that it's not the same as buying them individually. It's 6 items for $5.99, which is half off. But I think Scott means that buying both extravaganza bundles is the same price as buying the new PC items, plus you get an additional 6 older (but very cool) PC items.

One way or another, when I'm not stressed for cash, they will be mine. ;)

-- Morgan

Yup, that's what I meant. :)

@Kludge: maybe you should pray to both, just to be on the safe side. Especially since I agree too. Thanks for brightening up the forum, Skiriki! (BladeMystEra, your sig line seems apropos) ;-)

Now just waiting for the next Member's Choice...hoping that there will be one, and that it will start soon, and that it'll have some good stuff in it...

• StorypilotStorypilot Posts: 1,660
    edited December 1969

Skiriki said:

That's what happens when you do rolls in grass and aren't protected, if ya know what I mean.

Ahah! That's the connection. Lol. Summer days, drifting away, to uh-oh those summer nights...

• WhiteMystWhiteMyst Posts: 212
    edited October 2012

Say, I quite like these extravaganza bundles! The outfits are looking very useful to me, and I didn't have the car yet, so I was perfectly happy to pick that up. The drive-in set looks cool too... I would love to see a third, really dilapidated and grungy texture for it.

There will most likely be more extravaganza bundles, I'll cross my fingers there is a texture like that in one of them for you. :)

That baby carriage is adorable. I already have a cute render for it in my mind, but it will have to wait, I'm saving what little money I have left for something for M4 or even A3 stuff in the members voting (A3 stuff is highly unlikely at this point).

Oh yeah and.....

First comes a drive-in
    Then comes Love
    Then comes a baby
    in a baby carriage

I hope I don't get in trouble for that......

edit cause I can't type

Post edited by WhiteMyst on
  • anikadanikad Posts: 1,919
    edited October 2012

Yes it appeared while the 99c sale was still on so some of the bundles weren't actually good value for money. You were better off buying some of the items individually.

ETA
    Anyone else noticed these Halloween bundles? http://www.daz3d.com/shop/sales-promotions/halloween-items?limit=60, it is cheaper to buy some of the individual items than buy the bundles.
    Example
    Summoned Demon Bundle $7.49
    http://www.daz3d.com/shop/sales-promotions/halloween-items/summoned-demon-bundle
    contains Nybras $4.49 http://www.daz3d.com/shop/nybras/
    Mort Augur $.99 http://www.daz3d.com/shop/mort-augur/
    total price $5.48 saving of $2.01

Post edited by anikad on
    edited December 1969

anikad said:

Yes it appeared while the 99c sale was still on so some of the bundles weren't actually good value for money. You were better off buying some of the items individually.

Well some items prices are dropping, everything was 40% off before but now some are 70% off. So if we wait long enough maybe even more. Lilbub toon devil is only $2 now and he looks exactly like I do so maybe I should pick him up so I can update my avatar with a more accurate look.

• BlackFeather1973BlackFeather1973 Posts: 739
    edited December 1969

Oooh, looks like 'People' just went on sale.
    70% off on DO People

• edited December 1969

Does Steph 5 have her own UVs, or does she use V5s?

edited October 2012

fivecat said:

unfortunately she has her own. From what I hear though some of the charaters for stephanie still use V4 or V5 uV map.

What they really need is a very heavy set female with really big boobs and butt so she can have her own UV's that allot more real estate to her butt and boobs. That way there is actually a reason to have a different UV set for women and textures. people could make textures for the big mamma and they won't stretch when used on big characters.

Victoria5 and Stephanie having different UV maps is strange to me. They are more similiar than not, but I guess it forces a few more sales for those who want the stephanie textures.

I'd pay premium for big momma texture and character. As long as I can get three textures that support the new UV it would be worth it to me. I need a dark, light and medium skin tone set and I'm all on it. I don't really care that much about the morph either, its more of a donor that shows what the UV was designed for.

Post edited by larsmidnatt on
    edited December 1969

AAAAAAAAAA! TEXTURES! YAY!

• CypherFOXCypherFOX Posts: 3,401
    edited December 1969

Greetings,

Oooh, looks like 'People' just went on sale.
    70% off on DO People

I'm going to jump in here and say, if you haven't already, you should get Ksenia for V4, especially at that discount. It's a really good looking character, and GenX's to Genesis really, really well. No affiliation, I just love that character.

http://cypherfox.deviantart.com/gallery/#/d581c6a

-- Morgan

• edited December 1969

fivecat said:

unfortunately she has her own. From what I hear though some of the charaters for stephanie still use V4 or V5 uV map.

What they really need is a very heavy set female with really big boobs and butt so she can have her own UV's that allot more real estate to her butt and boobs. That way there is actually a reason to have a different UV set for women and textures. people could make textures for the big mamma and they won't stretch when used on big characters.

Victoria5 and Stephanie having different UV maps is strange to me. They are more similiar than not, but I guess it forces a few more sales for those who want the stephanie textures.

I'd pay premium for big momma texture and character. As long as I can get three textures that support the new UV it would be worth it to me. I need a dark, light and medium skin tone set and I'm all on it. I don't really care that much about the morph either, its more of a donor that shows what the UV was designed for.

I don't really want Steph 5, but I like some of the textures for her. Sigh. I agree that there is no reason for new UVs unless the mesh is majorly changed. Thanks for the answer, anyway.

edited December 1969

I'm SO going to get some kids' skins.

...I mean, erm...

...you know what I mean!

edited December 1969

fivecat said:

I don't really want Steph 5, but I like some of the textures for her. Sigh. I agree that there is no reason for new UVs unless the mesh is majorly changed. Thanks for the answer, anyway.

Steph is down to 12 bucks if you can swallow that price. but again you could always ask someone who owns the texture if its really V5 or not. For example I think someone said Rily for Stephanie was really using V4 uv's.

edited December 1969

Skiriki said:
    I'm SO going to get some kids' skins.

...I mean, erm...

...you know what I mean!

Not really, it is nearly Halloween and that could mean you have some sinister plan in store.