HTML code needed for posting links

RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,146
edited December 1969 in The Commons

Hi,

I need the proper formatted code for posting a link with a word or words as the front so the link is hidden. I thought I had it written down correctly but I guess not.

Thanks

Comments

• MattymanxMattymanx Posts: 6,879
    edited December 1969

<a href="http://daz3d.com/">DAZ3D</a>;

Comes out like this

DAZ3D

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,146
    edited December 1969

Oh for crying out loud. I had it all wrong! lmao... thanks Matty! :-)

edited December 1969

OK.. new question. Is there a special code similar to the one you showed me to have a clicked link open in a new window or tab?

• RenpatsuRenpatsu Posts: 828
    edited December 1969

<a href="http://daz3d.com/"; target="_blank">DAZ</a>

Example: DAZ

But in general I'd probably not force a user to open a link in a new tab/new window, as the user can decide for her/himself by e.g. using ctrl/cmd click or right click. Some people feel it is rude to force new tabs/new windows.

edited December 1969

Thanks so much.

For me, I like things set up to have new information open in a new tab. I might be scrolling down a long thread, click a link and have it open along side of the page I'm on and I don't loose my place.

Thanks again!

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

If you hold down the Ctrl key, your Browser should open any links you click on in a new window.

• Miss BMiss B Posts: 3,071
    edited December 1969

RAMWolff said:
    Thanks so much.

For me, I like things set up to have new information open in a new tab. I might be scrolling down a long thread, click a link and have it open along side of the page I'm on and I don't loose my place.

Thanks again!

Hey Richard, you don't mention which browser you use, but in Firefox and Internet Explorer (and probably Chrome, etc.), all you need to do is right-click the link and choose Open Link in New Tab from the context-sensitive drop-down list that appears.
    edited December 1969

Correct. I'm a Firefox man!

• ColdrakeColdrake Posts: 236
    edited October 2012

RAMWolff said:
    Hi,

I need the proper formatted code for posting a link with a word or words as the front so the link is hidden. I thought I had it written down correctly but I guess not.

Thanks

Richard, if you're talking about the forums here, click on the next to Close Tags and you'll get a window for the url and then a window for the link name.

Coldrake

D3.jpg
    237 x 140 - 14K
    D2.jpg
    237 x 142 - 18K
    D1.jpg
    520 x 112 - 30K
    Post edited by Coldrake on
    edited December 1969

Why thank you! :-)