Spyro and Jaderail Collaborative Projects

Comments

• SpyroRueSpyroRue Posts: 5,020
    edited October 2012

So for instance a belt. I have the figure... I load up the belt, by default it auto fits (Must be 'Fit To' Otherwise it wont conform to the genesis morphs)

Say the belt is too high up the torso for what I want, When I select the belt prop, It wont Rotate, Scale or Translate no matter how high the value. How would I get around this?

Post edited by SpyroRue on
    edited December 1969

Also the smoothing is NOT read by daz :( I cant get it to work at all in Daz, I might have to give up on the bent spear, or delete all the cord grip.

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited October 2012

Spyro said:
    So for instance a belt. I have the figure... I load up the belt, by default it auto fits (Must be 'Fit To' Otherwise it wont conform to the genesis morphs)

Say the belt is too high up the torso for what I want, When I select the belt prop, It wont Rotate, Scale or Translate no matter how high the value. How would I get around this?

That's easy, right click the item in the Scene Tab, and pick change Parent to none, it will stay right were it is but is no longer FIT to genesis you can now move scale rotate all you want. When you finish you just do the Drag and drop Parenting trick to get it to follow the figure. Open the Genesis figure in the Scene Tab and then drag the prop to the part of the body it needs to follow.

You can not parent to more than one part at a time, so if you rotate the belt to go across the chest when it loads on the hip by default it will no longer follow all of the figure. The prop would need to be re-built as a Genesis clothing item made to cover (follow) more than one part of the figure. That can be done if you go read some of the clothing threads that are on the forums now.

P.S. Faster way is to just change Fit To in Parameters to None and then edit followed with the Parenting.
    Post edited by Jaderail on
    edited December 1969

Oh cool, thanks for that... belts in particular are often too high, or too low for what I want... Especially between two different genders of genesis.

edited December 1969

Spyro said:
    Oh cool, thanks for that... belts in particular are often too high, or too low for what I want... Especially between two different genders of genesis.
    Your welcome, they did ask me to be a CV for my know how, not my can do. I know lots of bit's, I do very little with the bit's I know.
    edited October 2012

Opps.. double post.

edited October 2012

Jaderail said:
    Spyro said:
    Your welcome, they did ask me to be a CV for my know how, not my can do. I know lots of bit's, I do very little with the bit's I know.

LMAO Well maybe you should do more with the bits you know lol

edited December 1969

I am, this is the first time I've ever Smart Propped a thing. It's also my first try at doing pose files. I'm enjoying this very much. %-P

edited December 1969

Yet you know so much about it all, amazing! lol

edited December 1969

Jader, I'm just holding off on the flint pack for further information on the smoothing export. Either that, or I can create the textures for the ones that work then make them all PP2 and email them to you. The later will expect them ready in a few hours (Excluding the bent spear)

edited December 1969

Spyro said:
    Jader, I'm just holding off on the flint pack for further information on the smoothing export. Either that, or I can create the textures for the ones that work then make them all PP2 and email them to you. The later will expect them ready in a few hours (Excluding the bent spear)
    You take your time and do what you really wish to do. I'm going to tell you up front, when I get my hands on those tools I'm going to run off and start playing with them. I'm already days behind on this expansion and I'm only one pose into the Tribal Bow pose set. You give me those anytime soon and POOF! I will be off on another tangent so fast your head will spin. I might just disappear for days before I surface again

You have been warned.
    edited December 1969

LMAO Well I take that as a compliment... Oh are you still on your DA, I got an Idea and commented it on your pic... Perhaps a future render collab *Raises one Eye brow like Dwayne the Rock Johnson*

edited October 2012

Spyro said:
    LMAO Well I take that as a compliment... Oh are you still on your DA, I got an Idea and commented it on your pic... Perhaps a future render collab *Raises one Eye brow like Dwayne the Rock Johnson*
    Hmm... Ideas, Ideas, we would both need the same Enviro and Light set up. Then render in layers so they could be postworked into a final render but it is doable. But your Tribe looks so much more advanced than mine. My folks have not even invented the bow yet.

Hint: We still hunt Mammoths.
    edited December 1969

Yeah I know! That's the thing... "The Others" Stuck in time, or lost in the future. Lights will be okay I think same as the camera.. We exchange the light parameters, a screenie of the settings of each cam/light. We render as PNG with No background, then we agree on the best bkg or blend two bkg's in post work.

edited December 1969

What do you think of this

Jader1.jpg
    434 x 542 - 69K
    edited October 2012

Spyro said:
    What do you think of this
    WOW, Dude you just ROCK. That is awesome, I would only do one thing different IF (that's it I can't do this no IF to it) I would prefer some Jagged Pointy lettering. I may be friendly and helpful but my Character was not, think Evil and deadly.

P.S. I put up three renders on DA, Two from the Primitives and one for fun.
    edited December 1969

Just skimming through my countless fonts..

IF? not sure what this... Maybe I stupid lol but there heaps of IF acronyms lol Do you mean 'Impact Factor' with the font ?

edited October 2012

Here is 5 variations... More to come, Just reached the 5 limit per post...

Jaderail_Sig_OldEnglish.jpg
    1236 x 1224 - 228K
    Jaderail_Sig_Hitman.jpg
    1236 x 1224 - 222K
    Jaderail_Sig_DirtyHeadline.jpg
    1236 x 1224 - 234K
    Jaderail_Sig_BladeII.jpg
    1236 x 1224 - 216K
    Jaderail_Sig_Abaddon.jpg
    1236 x 1224 - 219K
    edited December 1969

Continued Samples...

These Are all the best matching fonts I have that you described. (Including the earlier post with 5 samples)

Also Are you happy with the Neutral Whites/Grey

Jaderail_Sig_Sever.jpg
    1236 x 1224 - 221K
    Jaderail_Sig_ProtestSign.jpg
    1236 x 1224 - 224K
    edited December 1969

If you know of a Font That you would like and its free to download just let me know.

edited October 2012

Number 2 of the Seven. That looks like what I think (you might wish to get out of my mind, it can get pretty very nasty in here sometimes) I like the Edges and points I can see that in Diff colors for layers as well. Looks very good. I am very happy with that one.

EDIT: Yes Grey's work very well, I was a you never knew type I lived in the grey areas.

edited December 1969

Ok I'll refine it with the 2nd one it's called BladeII font. Would you like it as a cutout PNG or a PSD file (Photoshop - If you choose the PS file, I'll have to rasterize the type so that it doesn't default on your PC, Its all in vector by the way, so resize is not an issue)

edited December 1969

Here is a preview of it on your art... To help It show, I added a soft drop shadow.

jaderail_by_jaderail-d5dc426.jpg
    1000 x 1000 - 410K
    edited December 1969

Spyro said:
    Ok I'll refine it with the 2nd one it's called BladeII font. Would you like it as a cutout PNG or a PSD file (Photoshop - If you choose the PS file, I'll have to rasterize the type so that it doesn't default on your PC, Its all in vector by the way, so resize is not an issue)
    PNG will be fine bro, I still use PSP for quick touch ups, I only boot PS for my I really need layers and correction work on this one. I'm still new to PS as well, but I never turn down a good deal, and I got CS6 at a very good deal.
    edited December 1969

Emailed it to ya :cheese:

edited October 2012

A test render of Spear1B with it's default textures. I'm pretty proud! :cheese:

Now there are some minor distortions in the textures, some areas like the cord grip don't quite line up perfectly... However, I think it will be fine, and I really don't have the time to UV map it further. If it was product intended for sale, things would be different. But I think it's still pretty darn good for a freebie.

NOTE: As you know... Each colour on the model, I posted images of it earlier ARE separate material zones... So at anytime, they can be set opacity 0, meaning there are a few variations to suit peoples needs.

Test_Render_Spear1and1B.jpg
    750 x 1500 - 92K
    Test_Render_Spear1B_SPY.jpg
    750 x 1500 - 395K
    edited December 1969

Signing out for the night, It's late (Or early)

Here are the default textures on the Knives :cheese:

Test_Render_Knives.jpg
    1000 x 1000 - 201K
    edited December 1969

Great work Spyro, That all looks so good. I've also seen the other threads with them posted.

I'm taking today off, I'm brain dead today. To much Edit this, Save file hunt file, test file. I'm not as young as you and I just need to take a step back and clear my head. I think I'm stuck in a loop just because I refuse to think my way out of it. Does that make any sense? I'll be around I'm just going to put all work on the back burner today, then take a Fresh look later.

edited December 1969

Thats all good Jaderail :) I'm just bouncing around at different stuff myself. Ive got several projects I'm working on as well, and I'm hoping to get at least one render done this month, specially with this month having Halloween and all.

edited December 1969

Spear 1A Texture Variants. :)

Spear1_Texture_Variations.jpg
    750 x 1500 - 157K