Textures but No Outfit

ledheadledhead Posts: 1,586
edited October 2012 in The Commons

There is a texture set for the "Lorena Outfit" available for sell called "Valiant".

http://www.daz3d.com/shop/valiant

The problem is the "Lorena Outfit" is not available anywhere.

I noticed another texture set available on Renderosity also for the "Lorena Outfit" called "Booster for Lorena Outfit". This says it is a texture set for the "Lorena Outfit" that is available @ Daz3d

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/booster-for-lorena-outfit/87283

So does anyone know where the "Lorena Outfit" can be found because it certainly doesn't make any sense to sell texture sets for a product that is unavailable?

Edited: I edited the Name of this Thread to post any Texture Sets I find that do not have the Clothing Set to use them on.

Post edited by ledhead on

Comments

• edited December 1969

Doesn’t appear to be available anymore. The link to Lorena in the Read Me for the Booster product at Rendo results in a 404 error. Maybe it’s been withdrawn to be retooled. You could PM Orion1167 or xv3d and ask them.

• RenpatsuRenpatsu Posts: 828
    edited December 1969

According to google and DAZ forum references it was at least sold at the DAZ store. E.g. there is a kit bashing forum post where parts of the outfit were used:

http://forumarchive.daz3d.com/viewtopic.php?p=3310113#3310113

However, the product link is not valid anymore:

www.daz3d.com/i/3d-models/-/lorena-outfit?item=12839

Also found some strange occurrences in the old DAZ forum where the item was once sold via fastgrab but then quickly pulled:

http://forumarchive.daz3d.com/viewtopic.php?t=187277

As it doesn't really make sense to sell a texture set if the product is unavailable, my only suggestion would probably be to open a support ticket or perhaps one of the forum admins can make the product team aware.

• Canary3dCanary3d Posts: 2,004
    edited December 1969

A couple other Orion1167 V4 items were withdrawn from the store and then brought back with both Genesis and V4 versions - Enamore mage is one like that. I think Xenic did the conversions, so you might PM him and ask if the Lorena outfit is in a similar situation.

• ledheadledhead Posts: 1,586
    edited December 1969

I noticed Orion1167 has not been on site since the end of July nor do I know how to PM him. I tried to email him, but it would not let me.

No big deal, I was just wondering if anyone knew of another site the outfit might have been sold at. I have so many outfits as it is so I'm not sure I would have purchased it anyway.

I still find it odd that DAZ would sell textures for a product that is not available and as far as that goes, including Renderosity having a texture set for sell and saying the outfit is available at DAZ.

• edited December 1969

Maybe try contacting through Rendo.

edited December 1969

Found another Texture Set but Clothing unavailable.

http://www.daz3d.com/shop/catalog/product/view/id/12929/

There is supposed to be a "Black Orchid Dress and Gloves" for the texture set.

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

You seem to be over looking the point of the Texture sets. They are made and sold to the people that DID buy the set when it was available, just because you can not Buy the item now does not mean that people who do own the item will not buy new sets for the items they do own and still use. Many people do have that item and I'm sure they are happy that new sets are still being made for it. Just because a item is no longer sold does not mean people will stop using it or buying items that make it more useful.

• Miss BMiss B Posts: 3,071
    edited October 2012

Very true Jaderail, but I suspect that those texture sets may very well be as old as the original outfit, and because the vendors are other than the vendor who created the original outfit they're still in the store, whereas the original outfit isn't.

Post edited by Miss B on
    edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    You seem to be over looking the point of the Texture sets. They are made and sold to the people that DID buy the set when it was available, just because you can not Buy the item now does not mean that people who do own the item will not buy new sets for the items they do own and still use. Many people do have that item and I'm sure they are happy that new sets are still being made for it. Just because a item is no longer sold does not mean people will stop using it or buying items that make it more useful.

I understand exactly what the texture sets are for and I also understand that at one time the clothing sets were available.

I was just trying to be helpful, but obviously that is not the case, so I will no longer post about any more items on this subject.

It seems as though no matter what you do or say on this site someone is going to badger you for it.

I will do my best to keep my fingers at ease so I will not upset the masses.

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    edited December 1969

posting helps, cuz sometimes the items do come back. --- like Lovey Bear

• edited December 1969

Hi guys!

First and foremost my apologies for such a long delay.

Lorena was indeed sold to Daz some while back. Unfortunately I have no idea of what they are doing with her, how soon she will be released back into the market or any other information.

I just checked and noticed they still have not release her. maybe you can try and contact Daz Support and someone will have an answer for you.

Best
    Chris~

• JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,247
    edited December 1969

If it was a buyout they're probably holding it for an event. March Madness sees a lot of buyouts reintroduced as DAZ Originals. Sometimes we get them in the Christmas season as well.

• scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,301
    edited November 2012

Ledhead said:
    Jaderail said:

I understand exactly what the texture sets are for and I also understand that at one time the clothing sets were available.

I was just trying to be helpful, but obviously that is not the case, so I will no longer post about any more items on this subject.

It seems as though no matter what you do or say on this site someone is going to badger you for it.

I will do my best to keep my fingers at ease so I will not upset the masses.

I don't think you are upsetting the masses this sort of thing is useful especially to new comers, and that is what Daz seems to be all about these days.
    As you see your post got a response and information on the subject.

Thank you Orion1167 at least we know the outfit will return at some time.

Post edited by scorpio on